• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
quarry-t.jpg

estate-t.jpg

Quarry and Estate, respectively, from Modern Warfare 2, are probably my favorite Call of Duty multiplayer maps. It's probably nostalgia talking since this game was my first foray into the series, but I really do think these maps are considerably better than most that came after them. In general I think Modern Warfare 2 had many great maps. What are some of your favorites?

Springy

Oct 28, 2017
mp_carentan
comment_e3o7ejRIEFPfpSXTBMpDExMJhhijBSJ9.jpg

Haven't played it in about a decade and a half and I would bet money I still know where I need to stand and which pixel to aim at to toss a grenade and hit an opposing player at round start.

From a relatively more modern COD, I really love Raid in Black Ops II.
latest

hideousarmor

May 9, 2019
latest

playing this on local MP felt incredible and Is an experience I always miss. Not a fan of Cod or FPSs in general now but I'd love to go back to these particular moments

EssCee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The majority of maps between COD4 - BO2

All maps released since then in their games have been utter garbage

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
mp_carentan
comment_e3o7ejRIEFPfpSXTBMpDExMJhhijBSJ9.jpg

Haven't played it in about a decade and a half and I would bet money I still know where I need to stand and which pixel to aim at to toss a grenade and hit an opposing player at round start.

From a relatively more modern COD, I really love Raid in Black Ops II.
latest
Big fan of both - did Carentan or any other old school maps get remade in WW2?

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I'll be honest, and I am not trying to diss the franchise, but they all kind of felt the same to me. Circles, mostly, one runs in and shoots others in the back. So no single map ever really stuck out. I did think it got more lively with Modern Warfare when it went multi-level, but even then I couldn't tell one map apart from another

OP
OP

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My god, you actually named the map I hate most in the series, far and above any other map. lol
I play Modern Warfare Remastered on PS4 and I get so irate when people vote for this map. I loathe it. Unquestionably my most disliked map.

I'll be honest, and I am not trying to diss the franchise, but they all kind of felt the same to me. Circles, mostly, one runs in and shoots others in the back. So no single map ever really stuck out. I did think it got more lively with Modern Warfare when it went multi-level, but even then I couldn't tell one map apart from another

Have you played most of the games in the series? While I do agree that the series unfortunately gravitated more and more toward three-path maps, I thought Modern Warfare 2 did a good job making each path wide and unique enough to not feel formulaic.

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hijacked is a fav, friend and I had so much fun on that map. Most MW1 maps I like, especially on PC with the player counts jacked up so it all became a giant clusterfuck.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Estate, Terminal and High Rise from MW2 are the ones I remember the best, so those, I suppose. I've always been a big fan of BO/BO2 Nuketown too.

Really hope MW 2019 will have a bunch of MW2 maps in it.

sQr

Jun 28, 2019
mp_carentan
mp_harbor
mp_dawnville
mp_neuville
mp_pavlov

I still remember every single on of them. Jesus. The nostalgia.

Corthier

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
New England, USA
Hijacked and Raid are two of my favorites. Special shoutout to the Construction Site bit in Blackout's map, I absoutely love playing around in that area.

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
Quarry, Estate and......

latest

FUEL WAS FUCKING AWESOME YOU HATERS

I loved this map and all the fanbase and my friends ever did was complain that is was TOO BIG. THAT'S WHAT MADE IT AWESOME.

Olaf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
latest

BO3 had the best maps, while also being the best COD game ever. Haters wouldn't know this.

Twister

Feb 11, 2019
My favorites are:
Spire (Black Ops 3)
Gold Mine (Ghosts)
Grind (Black Ops 2)
Nuketown 2025 (Black Ops 2)
Express (Black Ops 2)
Fringe (Black Ops 3)

Zoidn

Dec 23, 2018
The Blackout map, whatever it's called, is the only COD multiplayer map I even played, so that one. Really enjoyed that game, bummer I wasn't ready to pay full price to play a Battle Royale.

Dec 23, 2017
The ones that were available on the two Wii U games. I loved COD on Wii U. So sad they don't view switch as a viable option for the franchise with putting the funds and resources into. Like I feel it's the one game missing from my switch library šŸ˜¢

Snowfruit

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 8, 2018
United States
I really liked Splash from Black Ops 3.
Such a colorful map with fun areas to go through, quite different from your usual COD map.

It was a DLC map though so I barely got to play it.. at least they've finally stopped fragmenting the player base with DLC maps now.
maxresdefault.jpg

Jeffram

Oct 29, 2017
I used to have a dual uzi run and gun load out specifically for favela, and i fucking DOMINATED.

MrNelson

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
On a game-by-game basis (excluding CoD4 and IW, as I didn't really play them while they were new and didn't get to really know the maps outside of one or two):

WaW: Dome, Castle, Makin
MW2: Afghan, Favela, Highrise, Quarry, Terminal
BO: Firing Range, Launch, Nuketown, Summit, Kowloon, Hotel
MW3: Resistance
BO2: All of them. I can't really think of a map from the base game that I disliked. Best of the best are Raid, Express, and Standoff.
Ghosts: In stark contrast, I hated all these fucking maps. Can't even think of what would be the "least worst" to me.
AW: Retreat and Riot
BO3: Combine, Evac, Breach, Fringe
WWII: Ardennes Forest, Flak Tower, London Docks, Sainte Marie du Mont
BO4: Militia, Seaside

latest

BO3 had the best maps, while also being the best COD game ever. Haters wouldn't know this.
That campaign alone disqualifies it from being the best CoD ever. It's the only time I've ever had to force myself to finish a campaign for a CoD.