• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
A One Piece JRPG that goes through the entire series (or at least up until the timeskip, since the series is still ongoing) would be amazing. It has basically all the building blocks of one:

-A rich, detailed world to explore with varied locales.
-Recruitable party members with distinct personalities and abilities.
-A clear sense of progression in both plot and characterization.

If the right team works on this there's no way the game wouldn't turn out great.

Sir Sonic

Jan 14, 2020
A lot of people said what I had in my mind

Gintama by RGG is really a given. The Cast, the world, the villains, and the type of action... is just scream Yakuza

An Action Adventure Made in Abyss game in veins of From Soft's Souls game would be crazy. It would be aesthetically, one of the most unique world ever created in a video game just by the sheer amount of absurdity The Abyss has in itself.

and of course, an open world Nausicaa game from developers of Zelda would be dangerous for my health. I would pass out if something like that get announced at an event

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
Either Attack on Titan in VR (using ODM gear would be perfect for VR), or an mmo open world that can perfect the 2D anime look so well that it puts Guilty Gear's artstyle to shame.

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I bought it recently and I'm really enjoying it. You could tell they had passion for the series. I'm also surprised how they gave depth to killing Titans when I thought it would be dull. Swinging in the ODM gear is really fun and I kind of ditch my horse most of the time.

It's really fun, I ended up putting 200 hours into it across all the various modes. Once you get the Battle Alert item that temporarily stops your gas/blade depletion, you can zip around freely like medieval spiderman.

RadzPrower

One Winged Slayer
Jan 19, 2018
An actual Sword Art Online MMO with thousands of unique skills that have hidden requirements. Start with 10 floors and add another 10 with each expansion.
Or Alfhiem Online as a true flying experience like that could be amazing, plus it opens up the playstyles a bit compared to SAO which is basically just melee-only.

Jun 19, 2020
Lot's of great suggestions here already.

I'll just put another vote in for:
1d901a292311ee0d9f1d7f517ec119aac50d17eb_hq.gif
The dealbreaker would be if it didnt have the German opening for our localisation:

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ninja Scroll but by From Software. Much more mobile than their Souls stuff and with maybe a more tactile combat system that turns defensive moves into offence. Really lean into their parry mechanic to make it sword fighting more cinematic.

Add in a robot arm too for the shits.

OP
OP
Thewonandonly

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
Either Attack on Titan in VR (using ODM gear would be perfect for VR), or an mmo open world that can perfect the 2D anime look so well that it puts Guilty Gear's artstyle to shame.
🤢 🤮 🤮 you crazy bastard. Don't get me wrong AoT in VR would be absolutely stunning and amazing. I just don't know if it will be worth it if I have to clean up my spluge 3 minutes into playing every time haha 😂

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
Still a Nausicaa ARPG not unlike Zelda note

And Akira, 3rd person action.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Genshin Impact without the gacha would be my absolut dream JRPG. A vast, beautiful fantasy open world to freely explore with great world building, exciting action combat system, beautiful anime-inspired visuals, a dreamy OST and AAA production value all-round. But please without the gacha, lol.

Genshin Impact for me is pretty close to what I want tbh. So Mihoyo doing that for One Piece would be my pick.
Genshin without the gatcha. Tales of Arise looks like it'll hit what I want
BotW style game playing as Bulma. Freely exploring the crazy ass Dragon Ball world using various guns, gadgets and Capsule Corp. vehicles. The Genshin Impact devs might be a good fit.

I see I wasn't the first one. ;)

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
Naruto Shippuden episodes 1-175. I'll say this on this site every time. You could have predicted it on the profile pic here.

First announcement is an in-engine cutscene with the shot-by-shot intro from Homecoming up until the OP.....sooo the flashbacks and nine tails dialog. I would work TIRELESSLY to preserve the OST. Not the OP, but the OST, which is arguably ONE of the best in all of anime of all time. If I could, I'd get the OP Hero Comes Back or whatever it's called and cut to that for the reveal (with a reworked visual). That could be the transition into the gameplay. It will be akin to the Spider Man Miles MOrales gameplay reveal except no action. Just Naruto walking in The Hidden Leaf with Jiraiya with REALISTIC UNREAL ENGINE 5 visuals.

the-pi-guy

Oct 29, 2017
A big one I've always wanted was something like a Naruto RPG similar to a AAAA Skyrim.
Let me make a character, travel the world, and be a ninja.

Nov 16, 2017
Can I get an Avatar: The Last Airbender game in a Breath of the Wild like world where I can experiment with bending to do fun and interesting stuff? Along with a fully voiced cast with the original actors.

The one being designed in Dreams is cool given its attention to detail, but a proper Avatar game is what I want.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
For me when I talk dream AAA anime games I like to focus on something that could realistically exist as a AAA game right now so a lot of ideas thrown about aren't going to work because for something like HxH, the intracacies of the power system work great in a fixed narrative but don't really mesh with actual game design or gameplay in a way that wouldn't ultimately be way too ambitious and unachievable.

So I'll use the same answer I always do in these threads and like others have already done, point out that a Yakuza-style Gintama game is literally a perfect fit for the series and could be absolutely incredible

thecaseace

May 1, 2018
Naruto Shippuden: Tactics

Pick a squad of six ninja, do missions, skill trees derived from each family or class of ninja would work really well I'd think, either as a Tactics game or turn based RPG.

I guess it being a Tactics game automatically makes it not AAA, but hey, just makes it more doable.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
I either want a HunterXHunter fighter by ArcSys
Great idea but can ArcSys do the Demon Slayer fighting game I came in here to mention first?

But damn HxH would be fire too...

Naruto Shippuden: Tactics

Pick a squad of six ninja, do missions, skill trees derived from each family or class of ninja would work really well I'd think, either as a Tactics game or turn based RPG.

I guess it being a Tactics game automatically makes it not AAA, but hey, just makes it more doable.

I'd trust Larian to make that.

Gigi A

Oct 26, 2017
Austin, TX
One Piece fighting game by ASW
City Hunter by RGG Studio
Berserk by FROM
Ninja Scroll by Capcom
Kill La Kill by Platinum Games

Seri

Oct 30, 2017
A Sailor Moon RPG by a company that cares. ((I know it would have to be made by Bamco :( But like...Bamco is like hit or miss on their RPG's ESPECIALLY the licensed ones.)

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Kino's Journey vis-à-vis Shadow of the Colossus. So you're riding around a tremendous open world, chatting with Hermes, and instead of colossi, you come across towns/cities/settlements with their own story, culture, cast and problem.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Eureka Seven mech game jointly developed by Square Enix and From Software.

Cowboy Bebop by Naughty Dog

Spice and Wolf by EasyGameStation

Persona by P-Studio

Black Lagoon by Remedy

Blood+/The Last Vampire by Capcom ( A few games already exist and heck I'm pretty sure the series started as a PS1 VN or something but I want legit AAA)

Just to name a few but most of my top rated Anime wouldn't translate well into a videogame though...

Ideally a dream AAA anime game would somehow be able to fit the story within the constraints of a videogame while still delivering gameplay that works with the world and rules of the anime all while holding a strong visual and musical (particularly a nightmare with how the rights for that tends to work) identity.

Angst

Oct 27, 2017
A Yu Yu Hakusho game with the four major characters all playable. Rpg style. Let me solve more cases as a spirit detective!

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
Man I just want more quality, traditional fighting games like dragonball fighterz.

Even that's too much to ask... : /
Things are looking much better compared to before and that's not counting community feedback response over the shitty netcodes
Altho ASW might be stretched with how many different games and IP's they are doing

GenTask

Nov 15, 2017
Ghost In The Shell for sure. Right now CP77 is the closest thing to it for me, I made my character look as close to the Major as I could get. I've always really wanted a well done game in that universe, since the action bits (while fun and visually cool) are far fewer than the main stuff: investigations/puzzling out the plot/the characters/conspiracies/motivations of nation states/relevant modern topics about the human race dealing with advances in technology.

TC McQueen

Oct 27, 2017
A Gundam turn-based strategy game that is basically the Harebrained Schemes Battletech game, but set in the Iron-Blooded Orphans universe, has a proper melee combat system, and better pilot skills.

It can be pre- or post-series, it just has to be in that universe for it to be any good.