• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
Embodied youth was his distinction
Now inhibition's in dema-ah-hand
So driven by his fear of weakness
But, that's his key to under-sta-hannah

He's so hard to understand some times.

Deleted member 8752

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I liked Velvet Revolver.

Don't forget about Audioslave around that time as well.

I remember really being into rock a lot, but those bands really didn't land with me as a teenager. It felt very corporate and produced, and been there done that.

It's when I sort of stopped following the genre and started looking more into jazz to get my fix.

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
Prototype Nickelback from back in the day. I can probably sing a bunch of their songs by heart though despite not listening to them in almost 2 decades

MY OWN PRISON MY OWN PRISON

TheOther

Jan 10, 2019
Texas
I remember really being into rock a lot, but those bands really didn't land with me as a teenager. It felt very corporate and produced.

It's when I sort of stopped following the genre and looking more into jazz to get my fix.
Well, I was already big into STP/RATM/Soundgarden/GNR at that point so it just fit.

hrœrekr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 3, 2019
Confession: I enjoyed the cheap CGI from their videos.

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
At least Scott Stapp was good in the first two Underworld movies

XWehkDW.jpg

I know it's not actually him

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
These guys were all over back in the early 2000s. I did enjoy some songs and that sound was so big back then. While they may have toyed with Christian lyricism, they're actually not Christian rock. A big misconception.

However, they were definitely whipping boys in pop culture.

I do wonder if they will do a reunion. The young kids that loved their music are now in the prime earning years now--obviously after coronavirus is over.

I saw Tremontis solo band live 4 years ago they opened up for Trivium with the band Wilson it was actually pretty solid.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
I loved Creed in high school. I was a big Limp Bizkit fan, as well. I also loved Nickelback for a while. I have a lot of musical sins to confess, as I'm sure we all do.

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CAH YOU TAKE ME HI-YA
TO A PLAYSH WHE BLINE MAHN SHE
CAH YOU TAKE ME HI-YA
TO A PLAYSH WI GOAL DEN SHTREEE

Jo-awn

Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY
I actually enjoyed their first album and some of their singles.

Side note: I was those dumbass teens who tries to make AMV's of dragonball z with linkin park and Creed songs. None of the ones I made were good at all lol
Let out your sins as an edgy early 2000s tween/teen. We've all been there. I used to watch the ones with Evanescence and Eminem. 😆

I was big into Linkin Park between middle school and high school. Not gonna lie though, Mike Shinoda raps pretty good. RIP Chester Bennington.

Remember Puddle of Mudd
CAN YOU TAKE IT ALL AWAY?
CAN YOU TAKE IT ALL AWAY?
WHEN YOU SHOVED IT IN MY FACE?

That's the only song I think they became known for honestly.

Rad Bandolar

Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
To put it in vaguely Christian terms, Creed was the John the Baptist to Nickelback's Jesus.

One a footnote, the other the high-profile king of the mockery mountain.

Deleted member 4532

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
LET'S GO THERE

LET'S MAKE OUR ESCAPE

C'MON LET'S GO THERE

LET'S ASK CAN WE STAY

CAN YOU TAKE, ME HIGHER

Soma

Oct 27, 2017
San Francisco
I liked em back in the day when most of the CDs I owned were POD, Linkin Park, and a bunch of other early 2000s radio rock.

Gotta admit tho, Tremonti had some killer riffs on a bunch of their songs.

Kasai

Jan 24, 2018
I saw them live once. We only went to see the opening act, Skillet.

The main singer of Creed came out drunk riding a motorcycle, and it really just went downhill from there.

Jo-awn

Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY
This thread made me realize I went to a friend's Sweet 16 years many years ago. A rock band played performed Creed covers including one of Higher. In retrospect, it's hilarious thinking about how a room full of Dominican-Americans in The Bronx looked perplexed that Creed would be played a party.

Heck, I was perplexed myself at the time as I found it awkward. But my friend was an edgy teen so her parents let play whatever made her happy at the time. IIRC, she was about two years younger than me.

I saw them live once. We only went to see the opening act, Skillet.

The main singer of Creed came out drunk riding a motorcycle, and it really just went downhill from there.
Lol, did he slur his lyrics while he sang or fall off the motorcycle? That must have been quite something to experience. 😆

RedBlue

Oct 27, 2017
Queens, NY
If im being honest, i didn't like them back then. I don't care for them now. But if you enjoy their music, who am I to say anything negative?

Deleted member 19767

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I could never get behind Scott Stapp's style of singing. They produced a few quality songs, but mostly it sounds exactly like you expect.

Thankfully Scott Stapp is out and the band went on to form Alter Bridge. They are incredible, so if anyone is at least mildly curious - go and check them out.