• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jawbreaker

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
What Era needs to do is allow healthy discussions on stuff like this rather than shutting it down. Criticism against developers are still allowed here. The thing with Capcom is that you have LOTS of users shutting down the criticisms because of the "I have mine, I don't care about you" mentality. Every single justification of their behavior boils down to "we don't like Switch owners and it's their fault for owning that console". Maybe the discussion wouldn't be so toxic if you ban the users that are provoking others? It would help to not have people screaming "ENTITLED SWITCH OWNERS DIE" every single time a Capcom/Switch thread is created.

Telling developers to fuck off and calling them crap isn't healthy discussion.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
People were saying fuck capcom because they made mediocre games and their DLCs practices were absolutely disgusting, that's a complete different thing from: "FUCK CAPCOM BECAUSE YOU DON'T PUT DMC 5/RE2/MHW on NSW".
Barely anyone is saying that. They say fuck Capcom because they sell each DMC game seperately for a ridiculous price instead of the trilogy. They say fuck Capcom because their ports are ridiculous in pricing in general. They say fuck Capcom because they can't be bothered to do physical game releases. They say fuck Capcom because Capcom says fuck the Switch and its audience.

I say fuck Capcom because they didn't even announce Okami HD for the Switch with the other platforms, took 9 months and then didn't want to sell a physical copy.

This strawman of a horde of unreasonable crazies wanting games that can't run on Switch to be on the platform is getting boring.

Jawbreaker

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Barely anyone is saying that. They say fuck Capcom because they sell each DMC game seperately for a ridiculous price instead of the trilogy. They say fuck Capcom because their ports are ridiculous in pricing in general. They say fuck Capcom because they can't be bothered to do physical game releases. They say fuck Capcom because Capcom says fuck the Switch and its audience.

This strawman of a horde of unreasonable crazies wanting games that can't run on Switch to be on the platform is getting boring.

Do you lack the self-awareness to realize how ridiculous you sound?

"They say fuck Capcom because Capcom says fuck the Switch and its audience."

I can't with this.

TBF this would be a really weird place to draw the line when Bioware, Game Freak, EA, Bethesda and more are all subject to this here too.

Then go draw the line in those threads if you think it's bad there. I don't enter threads about those devs often.

Oct 26, 2017
What Era needs to do is allow healthy discussions on stuff like this rather than shutting it down. Criticism against developers are still allowed here. The thing with Capcom is that you have LOTS of users shutting down the criticisms because of the "I have mine, I don't care about you" mentality. Every single justification of their behavior boils down to "we don't like Switch owners and it's their fault for owning that console". Maybe the discussion wouldn't be so toxic if you ban the users that are provoking others? It would help to not have people screaming "ENTITLED SWITCH OWNERS DIE" every single time a Capcom/Switch thread is created.

I somehow missed this.

After this beautiful comment and since no one said "ENTITLED SWITCH OWNERS DIE" and you pretend that i said it because reasons i won't keep discussing with you or moving along with a prolific discussion. And apparently i was the one with "lack of self-awareness" and "with issues", yep i was the one.

Deleted member 38706

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 19, 2018

Oh no, they're not. But shutting all criticism down is also not healthy. That's why there is a compromise and why mods allow criticism as long as it's reasonable to an extent. The "lazy devs" rhetoric is always punished without exceptions. The reason why users are allowed to criticize Capcom in this manner is because there is truth to what they're saying. It's not completely unreasonable for them to feel that despite the fact that it's unhealthy. However, what makes a discussion truly toxic is when you have others coming in aggressively to dismiss and attack users for feeling a certain way. That's when things gets heated and it's what you're ignoring. Telling Capcom to fuck off in regards to their comments regarding the platform is crude, but not as bad as you think it is. It's an offense, however, if it derails threads or if it's just general hatred without any valid criticism or reason. That's why what you're suggesting will never work because you don't compromise. Toxicity from discussions will never be gone as long as you only blame a specific group for it. Not identifying all the factors involved is the mistake you're making.

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
Capcom: We want to put Street Fighter 6 on the Switch.

Nintendo: Hmm. What's in it for us?

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

I can't with this.
I have not seen a bigger fuck you to an audience in years than trying to sell DMC2 separately when you have the trilogy on other platforms. It's just hoping enough people aren't aware of how utterly abysmal that game is.

I don't lack any self-awareness whatsoever, but thanks for trying to attack my character because you can't defend Capcoms bullshit decisions.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

I can't with this.

Then go draw the line in those threads if you think it's bad there. I don't enter threads about those devs often.

Sounds about as ridiculous as charging $30 for Devil May Cry 2.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (1 day): Backseat modding; history of similar infractions

This is basically textbook backseat modding no? Why are you telling so many people what and what not to do?

Deleted member 38706

Banned
Jan 19, 2018
I somehow missed this.

After this beautiful comment and since no one said "ENTITLED SWITCH OWNERS DIE" and you pretend that i said it because reasons i won't keep discussing with you or moving along with a prolific discussion. And apparently i was the one with "lack of self-awareness" and "with issues", yep i was the one.

That's great because you're not actually discussing anything. I find it funny you would take that literally when I'm deliberately using hyperbole to describe people's behavior on Switch port-begging. And I never even pretended you say that, just that you have a specific bias towards a group because you think they're worse. And no, I'm not saying that you hate all Nintendo fans or group them all together. That's your interpretation of my words, but it's not my intent. It'll be great if you won't ever reply to me again because your sophistry and constant misinterpretations makes it feel like I'm talking to a wall. I actually respond to your points whereas you make up some bullshit regarding my points every single time. And yep, you are the one with issues and a lack of self-awareness if you're too egocentric to actually understand my words. I know your perspective, you don't understand mine. That's the difference between you and me.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can you list out every reason why they're given that treatment in those threads? If it's for tepidly supporting a platform, then I agree that it's out of bounds there, too.
you didn't say anything about reason. you said people saying "fuck capcom" isn't ok, and i told you it happens a lot to other companies too. the difference being there's a specific group who jumps to capcom's defense for *checks notes* charging 20 bucks for devil may cry 2 in 2019.

Oct 26, 2017
That's great because you're not actually discussing anything. I find it funny you would take that literally when I'm deliberately using hyperbole to describe people's behavior on Switch port-begging. And I never even pretended you say that, just that you have a specific bias towards a group because you think they're worse. And no, I'm not saying that you hate all Nintendo fans or group them all together. That's your interpretation of my words, but it's not my intent. It'll be great if you won't ever reply to me again because your sophistry and constant misinterpretations makes it feel like I'm talking to a wall. I actually respond to your points whereas you make up some bullshit regarding my points every single time. And yep, you are the one with issues and a lack of self-awareness if you're too egocentric to actually understand my words. I know your perspective, you don't understand mine. That's the difference between you and me.

Yes there is a difference between me and you and really don't know my perspective and you don't even try to understand my points, hope you'll have a good day, i'm done here.

the difference being there's a specific group who jumps to capcom's defense for *checks notes* charging 20 bucks for devil may cry 2 in 2019.

Show me this group then.
Since you really think there are Capcom defenders that are actively defending the company for charging 20 bucks for DMC 2 in 2019.

Devil

Oct 25, 2017
Do we really want another SF4 port? It was on consoles, PC and 3DS already. We're close to the end of SF5's lifecycle.. SF5 isn't coming because of console exclusivity. They can try again when SF6 is in development.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Throwing the blame at Nintendo for no Street Fighter and indirectly new games and strong support from Capcom sounds like petty begging, especially this gen. Capcom has tasted that sweet sweet Sony cash and is not backing down with their cold shoulder stance towards Nintendo. Its genuinely the craziest thing this gen, Bethesda and other major western publishers are flourishing and gaining support and a fanbase on a Nintendo Platform meanwhile Capcom, easily their 2nd strongest 3rd Party partnership historically, is being a whiny little bitch and losing footing on what is inarguably the most profitable console in software sales.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Show me this group then.
Since you really think there are Capcom defenders that are actively defending the company for charging 20 bucks for DMC 2 in 2019.
People are saying fuck Capcom because of them doing shit like charging 20 bucks for DMC 2. The defenders then act like people say fuck Capcom because they can't get Monhun World and DMC5 on Switch, because they need a strawman to make them look unreasonable, since the former isn't really defensible.

So I actually just have to point at you lol.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
you didn't say anything about reason. you said people saying "fuck capcom" isn't ok, and i told you it happens a lot to other companies too. the difference being there's a specific group who jumps to capcom's defense for *checks notes* charging 20 bucks for devil may cry 2 in 2019.

Wait, it's only $20? Is it just the Resi ports that are $30?

Forgive me Capgod, for now I can see the DMC trilogy will only cost double what it does on other systems, not triple.

Oct 26, 2017
People are saying fuck Capcom because of them doing shit like charging 20 bucks for DMC 2. The defenders then act like people say fuck Capcom because they can't get Monhun World and DMC5 on Switch, because they need a strawman to make them look unreasonable, since the former isn't really defensible.

So I actually just have to point at you lol.

And i wrote

Dont be naive or trying to play games with me, you are here on ERA since day one and people are bitching because Capcom is not porting and making new games on NSW other than the old titles. Sure, they criticize the pricing and that's absolutely right, selling DMC 2 and DMC 1 at 30$ each is a joke.

Mission failed, you'll be lucky next time.

Jbone115

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I completely agree. Whether it be Capcom, Gamefreak, Ubisoft, Epic - the "fuck you _ " is honestly very tiring and childish. I can understand that level of discourse for stuff like Blizzard/THQ due to those companies' legitimately harmful actions, but for developers/publishers who's games you just don't like or wish they were on your platform of choice, it's excessively toxic imo.

KilleyMC

Oct 27, 2017
Montevideo , Uruguay
The main reason is because they fucked up with Kojima and Silent Hills.

They are a healthy company and doing really good financially, but they dont make console games and the gamers are pissed.
But they do make games for a platform (mobile) that's not your platform of choice. They decided to part ways with a money waster developer and canned a series like many companies did before them, doesn't seem to warrant the hate for me.

Oct 26, 2017
and that justifies people saying fuck konami
BUT
capcom not making switch games when they were so big on nintendo's previous platforms is different because...?

And i didn't justify the people saying fuck konami lol

I used the term "gamers" on purpose.

I used to like MGS and SH, if Konami wants to focus on other things, good for them and good lucky, there are other games and series, if they come back i'll be glad to buy their games, if not, well, that's life.
But they do make games for a platform (mobile) that's not your platform of choice. They decided to parts way with a money waster developer and canned a series like many companies did before them, doesn't seem to warrant the hate for me.

Don't say this to me, i'm not following the "FUCK KONAMI" brigade, i tried to explain you why gamers don't like Konami.

joffocakes

Nov 15, 2017
I wonder if we'll ever learn the exact nature of Sont's USFIV exclusivity this gen? It was weird seeing SSFIV:AE being added to Xbox One BC rather than Ultra (though having Ultra as DLC meant that still worked, I believe?).

I guess they could circumvent it by releasing a "new" version of USFIV on Switch, similar to how they got "Special Champion Edition" on Mega Drive despite Nintendo's exclusivity over the console port of Turbo.

I would love USFIV with some QoL updates (more robust training options, longer ranked sets, infinite quick rematches in 2 player lobbies, offline KoF-style teM battle etc) but since we're now nearing the end of its successor's lifespan I doubt they'll be enough players interested enough to justify the port.

Deleted member 38706

Banned
Jan 19, 2018
Yes there is a difference between me and you and really don't know my perspective and you don't even try to understand my points, hope you'll have a good day, i'm done here.

Your perspective is literally outlined in your posts. That you don't like port-begging, and you would complain about those posts regardless of platform. That you're platform agnostic. That Switch port-beggars are frequent, and you think they're annoying as a result. Of course I understand your perspective. You just simply don't understand that I'm criticizing your BEHAVIOR in this thread. You derailed the thread with your comments, and that's the consequences of your "justice". If I ask you to explain my perspective, can you? That my perspective is that this toxicity will never go away unless people acknowledge that provoking and dismissing Switch owners doesn't do threads like this any good? If this thread is unhealthy as it is, then why are people derailing it to make it even worse? Why did this thread turned from "Ono thinks he needs go ahead from Nintendo" to "Nintendo port-begging is worse"? In the context of this thread, please tell me which behavior is more worthy of criticism. Maybe then you'll finally understand why I'm against users that constantly think blaming a specific group of people would solve things.

Lizardus

Oct 25, 2017
That's ok. Switch already has the best game starring Ryu and Ken anyway and soon they'll meet their old friend Terry.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Mission failed, you'll be lucky next time.
I see more people bitching about this boogeyman group who is port begging for MonHun World on Switch than people actually doing it. This supposed group comes up everytime Capcom's shitty Switch support is critizised, same with the portbegging complaint. Even when portbegging is just discouraged to not derail other threads and dedicated threads to discuss a possible port are fine. Ever since DMC5 came out I have yet to see a thread dedicated to the idea of it coming to Switch.

You know why? Because most people understand it will never be a thing, yet people like you act like they don't.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So basically Capcom wants Nintendo to moneyhat their last gen ports. lmao

If they can't see the value in porting more SF games after they saw how USF2 sold then they're a lost cause.

Oct 26, 2017
I see more people bitching about this boogeyman group who is port begging for MonHun World on Switch than people actually doing it. This supposed group comes up everytime Capcom's shitty Switch support is critizised, same with the portbegging complaint. Even when portbegging is just discouraged to not derail other threads and dedicated threads to discuss a possible port are fine. Ever since DMC5 came out I have yet to see a thread dedicated to the idea of it coming to Switch.

You know why? Because most people understand it will never be a thing, yet people like you act like they don't.

We tried to have a thread about that and it turned out into a shitshow

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ca...dogma-dark-arisen-sells-enough-copies.104116/

And apparently people understood that it might be a thing.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
USFIV would be an easy port and still likely sell really well. And it's PS4 exclusivity window is almost certainly over at this point, it probably ended in mid 2017 (2 years) when the game was finally added to XBO BC.

SFV is tougher because we don't really know the details of it's exclusivity deal. Sony stopped promo funding a bit over a year back though so I wouldn't be surprised if we see a round of ports to new hardware at some point, maybe late next year with PS5 & Scarlett launch. It'd be good if Switch could get a port too then.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
We tried to have a thread about that and it turned out into a shitshow

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ca...dogma-dark-arisen-sells-enough-copies.104116/

And apparently people understood that it might be a thing.
1. Well if Capcom says it might be a thing then I can't fault for people thinking so. It's a thread about Capcom saying it, not about someone wishing an unreasonable game should come to their platform of choice. I still think it's nonsense because the Switch can't handle it and they just might have talked streaming like Resi7, and appearently a lot of people in that thread thought it was nonsense, too.
2. The entire premise of "Well if this overprized port of an old niche game sells well we might give you a completely unrelated game you actually want" is a very obvious attempt at trying to get people to buy their niche port, and isn't exactly a good starting point for a thread discussion.

What was that? "Mission failed, you'll be lucky next time. "

Last edited:

KilleyMC

Oct 27, 2017
Montevideo , Uruguay
Don't say this to me, i'm not following the "FUCK KONAMI" brigade, i tried to explain you why gamers don't like Konami.
I was also trying to speak in general, it always seemed weird to me how some gamers are fine defending everything Capcom does but then use the "Fuck Konami" like nothing 'cause they won't get their PT's , Metal Gear or Silent Hills anymore.