• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NovumVeritas

Oct 26, 2017
Berlin
No worries! Yeah, the PSN URLS are generally the exact same across regions, you just need to change a small part of it to register for your region (the "de-de" is the only thing I changed, for me in Australia it says "en-au" and I can change the 'au' to 'na' and view the US store)
Should have figured that out myself lol. Sometimes the solution is in front of your nose. €60 for three games is pretty nice. Especially with the relocalization.

Jan 11, 2018
The physical day one edition contains a PS3 case for Y5, for everyone who wants to fill in that missing gap in their PS3 collection :P

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Huh. The preorder links just disappeared from the site.

The options for physical preorder (on the NA site) were Amazon US, Amazon CA, GameStop, and VGP.

Links didn't go anywhere but I'm glad I'm not stuck with using their own store or something

hank_tree

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Friendly reminder to not give VGP your credit card details. Use PayPal.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Anyone know when GameStop (US) charges for preorders? I might want to grab a preorder at both Amazon and GS just in case something happens to one of them

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Little weird that this was all announced at Gamescom but, in the UK at least, the physical edition isn't up for pre-order. I really wanna secure it ASAP.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Confused at digital release date "as they come out"?? I want these games badly and will buy digital are they coming this year? Maybe the title means they will worldwide release. I had no idea 3/4/5 got a remaster.
I will finally have the series on 1 modern system. Absolutely amazing!!! Seeing this series go from dead in the US, to having everything release here, is one if the best things to happen in gaming in the last several years :)

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
It would be cool if the box had a ps3 disc inside it. Otherwise it's a just a empty box sitting on a shelf. Nothing but an object of hollow promise and deception.
Makes no sense for a mass retail release (depending on how limited it is). This isn't like LRG catering to a tiny niche of fans putting up a limited amount of PS3 orders for the game, these will be sold in shops and as the series isn't exactly a powerhouse in sales, asking them to press PS3 disc for an unknown extra cost seems like a dangerous way to handle the series. I want to see more games get physical releases in the series, not less. Its a cool nod for old fans of the series, nothing less.
And besides, including a PS3 release of Yakuza 5 when you have the PS4 version right there is probably the most pointless thing ever. Its so hilariously out of date compared the far superior PS4 port that it'd literally be a waste of money to bother doing that.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Confused at digital release date "as they come out"?? I want these games badly and will buy digital are they coming this year? Maybe the title means they will worldwide release. I had no idea 3/4/5 got a remaster.
Yakuza 3 out today
Yakuza 4 out October 29 2019
Yakuza 5 out February 11 2020

You buy the bundle, get access to Yakuza 3, and get the next two games on their release date without paying any extra

FuzzyAssassin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The Yakuza 3 site has updated with buttons to Amazon, GameStop, etc., but the buttons don't have any links in them.

Oct 27, 2017
Makes no sense for a mass retail release (depending on how limited it is). This isn't like LRG catering to a tiny niche of fans putting up a limited amount of PS3 orders for the game, these will be sold in shops and as the series isn't exactly a powerhouse in sales, asking them to press PS3 disc for an unknown extra cost seems like a dangerous way to handle the series. I want to see more games get physical releases in the series, not less. Its a cool nod for old fans of the series, nothing less.
And besides, including a PS3 release of Yakuza 5 when you have the PS4 version right there is probably the most pointless thing ever. Its so hilariously out of date compared the far superior PS4 port that it'd literally be a waste of money to bother doing that.
You are also getting Yakuza 5 on disc so just stick that badboy in it and it will feel complete.

hank_tree

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

It doesn't sound like it's a mass release though. It's gonna be very limited.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
Finally.

Edit: It's $100 on the Aus store... Fuck it, bought.

Last edited:

ValKiryuSonicEX

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Pretty much, it's extra needless cost for disc printing...the case is a novelty gift for long time (and long-suffering) Western fans.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Wait for them to completely misjudge the physical edition amount and not even satisfying 20% of all people who desperately want to buy it.