• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SikSlayer

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait for a Steam store page to show up. This is a day one purchase for sure. If only to continue to support Sega's efforts... but yeah, I want the game.

J75

Sep 29, 2018
Crazy how it leaked on both esrb and pegi. I guess there's no doubt about it.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Only possibility I see of a problem with Judgment, is Sega doesn't want the old character patched back in (and you can bet PC modders will figure that out sooner rather than later), and spitefully never port it. Hoping that won't be the case, so that we can get it on PC (60+FPS and hopefully a fix for some of those pop in issues? I'll triple dip for sure).

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Ah, is that confirmed? Haven't been following it that closely.
Yep, they're removing his likeness from the game. It hasn't been specified to what degree he's going to be removed (just audio + face, or the entire Mo-cap performance) but he is being removed.

The localization team's been working extra hard ever since to ensure that they can still meet the release date while still passing all the QA requirements. Massive props to those hard working folks.

Out_Of_Ammo

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Yep, they're removing his likeness from the game. It hasn't been specified to what degree he's going to be removed (just audio + face, or the entire Mo-cap performance) but he is being removed.

The localization team's been working extra hard ever since to ensure that they can still meet the release date while still passing all the QA requirements. Massive props to those hard working folks.
Ah, I see. Nice to see they're dedicated to releasing this game in the west.

Fishook

Dec 20, 2017
Nice been enjoying the series since it appeared on PC, I am going to wait rather than buy the PS4 version.

Out_Of_Ammo

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
How are the minigames and sidequests in this one? Comparable to Y0 in amount and quality? Kiwami 1 was pretty lackluster in that department. I know Cabaret Club is back at least, so that already makes it better than Kiwami 1 :p.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Kiwami 2 has a full arcade. So that makes it way better. UFO Catcher is back (it was absent in 6), Virtual On is included (which rocks), Virtua Fighter 2 and... the toylet mini game is in (which is so very Japanese).

Bizzquik

Chicken Chaser
Nov 5, 2017
Man, I need that 60fps.
I fell in love with the series on PS4 with Yakuza 0, but I haven't brought myself to try YK2 on PS4 because the 30fps framerate is just hard for me as a PC-centric guy.

I would kill for an official release date from Sega soon. But I wonder if this is supposed to be a PCGamer E3 show reveal, instead.

MJnR

Mar 13, 2019
Kiwami 2 has a full arcade. So that makes it way better. UFO Catcher is back (it was absent in 6), Virtual On is included (which rocks), Virtua Fighter 2 and... the toylet mini game is in (which is so very Japanese).
I hate UFO Catcher, but I can forgive it since VF2 is also there. Preorders can't be open soon enough.

SweetBellic

Oct 28, 2017
Day one. Been holding out for the PC version for this and 6 for that 60fps experience... Any word on 6 anyway?

Gelf

Oct 27, 2017
I totally forgot about this! I've wished for PC ports of a number of Sega arcade games for a while. This is 3 games in one for me as I love both VF2 and Virtual On, I would have bought them seperately, no question.

eathdemon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
honestly glad, didnt expect this. thought it was just gunna be 0 and kawamie since they were the same engine. hope the rest come to pc as well. they keep putting them on pc, I will keep buying them.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Yo this is mad hype but Sega plz don't do this yet. I'm just starting to dive into Yakuza 0. Then I gotta hit up Yakuza Kiwami after that. I don't know if I can handle a Yakuza triple marathon uninterrupted.
Technically it'd be a four game marathon cause I beat Fist of the North Star: Paradise Lost before I started Yakuza 0.

eathdemon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yo this is mad hype but Sega plz don't do this yet. I'm just starting to dive into Yakuza 0. Then I gotta hit up Yakuza Kiwami after that. I don't know if I can handle a Yakuza triple marathon uninterrupted.
Technically it'd be a four game marathon cause I beat Fist of the North Star: Paradise Lost before I started Yakuza 0.
thats on you though, its been almost a year since 0, and what assume no sooner than e3, atleast 4 to 5 months since kawamie?

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I don't see the games being capped at 30FPS unless they did something silly like having the physics tied to the 30FPS frame rate in the console versions. The team see the value of getting the games in 60FPS whenever possible (all the ports to newer systems) so the only thing I guess might be a problem again is the UFO Catcher - its the only thing I've found in Yakuza 4 that's still 30FPS, even fishing from 3's remaster was fixed in 4 to run at 60FPS now.

SweetBellic

Oct 28, 2017
Sort of. Needless to say, 6 didn't actually release on PC in April 2018, but, at this point, a PC version being on the cards is a safe bet.
IllinformedThoroughAchillestang-max-1mb.gif

(Thanks for the info/link.)