• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GSR

Oct 25, 2017
$100 for the base XBO isn't bad, especially since you don't have to go through the trouble of dealing with selling it secondhand. Might go that route.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Given that your local store is probably 50/50 on surviving the next 4 months, kind of a sketchy bet that you'll get a console this year. Plus, you can easily sell a Switch on FB marketplace right now for nearly face value, and I'm pretty sure I can get close to $300 for a Series X.

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017
It runs them in Xbox One S mode (with some enhancements like better filtering, better frame rates and auto HDR). But it won't run them with all the benefits of an Xbox One X version (eg don't expect 4K).

More here:

Everything I read in that thread was referring to Series S, whereas I'm interested in Series X and I'm under the impression it can run XBX enhancements. Is that still not the case?

Optmst

Apr 9, 2020
Trade in values

GET UP TO $200

WHEN YOU TRADE SELECT CONSOLES TOWARD THE PRE-ORDER OF
XBOX SERIES X|S*

$200 - XBOX ONE X, PS4 PRO
$175 - NINTENDO SWITCH, PS4 1TB
$125 - NINTENDO SWITCH LITE, XBOX ONE S, PS4 500GB
$100 - XBOX ONE 500GB​
What's the trade in value of a base PS4 with P.T installed?

Aisod

Mar 21, 2020
I said in one of the previous threads if the XSX comes in at $499 and GameStop offers $200 for my one X i will bite. Do i put my money where my mouth is now? 🧐

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
Going for that PS5. If I trade in my PS4 Pro, it will be the first time I trade in an entire console generation. I have my SNES, N64, Wii, Switch, PS2, PS3....

Even sure I still have a gameboy advance somewhere...

Those are selling for ~$500 on Ebay, so save it.

I thought there's a method for re-downloading this to your PS4. Someone showed it to me here.

badboy78660

Oct 27, 2017
I'm tempted (for when they do this for PS5 pre-orders). Would they need my PS4 Pro immediately?

Edit: Nevermind; answered above.

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So that trade-in deal will run up until launch, right?

I'm planning to trade my One X in towards Series X but not until about a week or so before release.

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017
Trade in my X1X and get a XSX for $300 sounds great..... but I'm probably leaving the country on a six month assignment early November. Which would mean no gaming for me until May 21! :(

Heysoos

Prophet of Truth
Nov 3, 2017
Oooh. Hope other retailers match this. Would rather get it somewhere else.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll probably do this for the PS5 once that (I'm assuming it will) goes live. I'll trade in my OG PS4.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
Assuming that PS5 is $500, it looks like I'll be able to pick up this console for $180 with the trade credit I have and save my Amazon cash.

Oct 27, 2017
$200 for a One X means I could get a Series S for only $100....
it sounds good, but just soo you know!!
IVwKGAX.png

FusionNY

Oct 25, 2017
I was going to give my One X to my niece/nephew but I might just trade it in and get them a Series S as their Christmas present. Can't go wrong with a sub 100 dollar next gen console.

Fabtacular

Jul 11, 2019
How on God's green Earth are they offering $100 for an OG Xbox One?

Can you imagine just swapping out a launch console seven years later and walking out with a Series S for $199? Madness.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
These actually aren't that bad G S must really be suffering if they're not straight up trying to fleece people anymore

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
if you are going to trade it in and feel worried the store will be closed. Do an order to your address..........I remember doing that for the xbox one.

Chapo

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Tempting but I think I could probably get more cash selling on ebay.
I just checked. It looks like the current auctions for One X and PS4 pro that are ending the soonest as of the time of this post are at about $250+$25 shipping.

Take off 10% from eBay fees and another 3% from paypal fees and your left with about $220.

I'm GameStop "agnostic". Don't like them, but don't hate them. I'd take their deal. $20 bucks less and saving a trip to the post office and not dealing with anything, simply a here-you-go GameStop guy/girl.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Do you have to trade in your Xbox One X NOW? or when you pick up the series X? I don't want to trade in my X right now since I'm still playing games on it.

Paper Wario

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Right around when Red Dead Redemption 2 came out I traded in my original Xbox One for a One X at a crazy good trade in deal and now it's just such a no brainier to upgrade to next gen with $200 toward.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
I asked the cashier how much was the PS4 Pro going for and she told me like $175 but they are taking off like $40-50 (can't remember) because of COVID and that they have to send the console somewhere for the check up. So it would be like $130 give or take total credit.

I'm interested in trading the 1X for the SX with GS but I hope that they actually take off $200 buck off :/

Its a shame that is so low, I traded my One S and a couple of games and somehow got out with an X for like $50.

Mar 19, 2020
I just checked. It looks like the current auctions for One X and PS4 pro that are ending the soonest as of the time of this post are at about $250+$25 shipping.

Take off 10% from eBay fees and another 3% from paypal fees and your left with about $220.

I'm GameStop "agnostic". Don't like them, but don't hate them. I'd take their deal. $20 bucks less and saving a trip to the post office and not dealing with anything, simply a here-you-go GameStop guy/girl.
This was the math I was doing too. Looks like GameStop it is.