• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SgtCobra

Oct 25, 2017
From Pelochoman

SkhNonp.jpg
Yeah this definitely looks great. Don't really see the issue with the logo.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Horizon 5 better have a Civic Type R if it's in Japan.

Nissan is traaaash.

Fezan

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe not to a Playstation fan, but Xbox fans have seen that logo for the past two years.
To the general public. The green slanted Xbox logo is instantly recognizable. this, on the other hand, won't be.

I don't know why everything comes to fan vs fan.? can't we have a normal opinionated discussion

nullZr0

Alt account
Banned
Mar 2, 2020
This paves the way for the Lockhart or Series A.

Get "Series S" out of your head, it's not an appropriate name. S is usually used as a mid-generation speed bump as Apple uses and also Microsoft did with the Xbox One S which introduced a GPU speed bump and 4K video support.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Sony releases pics of a new PS5 black and white controller?
Era? Ugly.

Microsoft introduces a new Series X logo?
Era? Ugly.

What's new here?

The logo is fine. I do get they want to signal that it's a new console generation and also want to put some "visual differentation " between Xbox One and the new generation.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
And again those logotype still included the Xbox part, even the X enhanced logo has it, but I guess being surprised by that = short circuiting somehow.

You are not understanding me which is why i think you are short circuiting.

This is a trademark document we are talking about. This whole topic is revolving around a trademark document of the Series X logo.
They wont put trademarks they already have in the logotype they are trying to register.
Please read what I type slowly. Then reread it and read the OP then come reread the whole post again.

Think of it this way.
When Toyota builds a new car and they want to trademark the name and logotype for the car.
They dont submit the Toyota logo for Trademarking, they already have that.
They submit the Logotype by itself because the Toyota logo is already theirs.

So Microsoft needs to register the "Xbox Series X"
They already have the Nexus, They already have Microsoft and they already have Xbox....so what do they submit for registration??? Tale a wild guess....Not Xbox, Not Microsoft, Not the Nexus logo....they submit Series X by itself because thats what they are trying to register.

Jaypah

Oct 27, 2017
It's a logo 🤷🏾‍♂️ It's whatever. I can't remember being blown away by one. I honestly thought I had missed some other thread and some of the responses were just meta jokes. But nah, real replies.

Ogni-XR21

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I keep hearing people say this but is that really the case? It seems like a massive stretch to link this to the German SS, to me.
You cannot have a license plate (2 letters and number/s after a fixed letter combo for the region) that has "SS" in it in Germany (some others like HJ "Hitler Jugend" are also a no go). But I don't think it was ever a problem in games where the best rank is SS. But as a branding I can see this being a no go.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
You are not understanding me which is why i think you are short circuiting.

This is a trademark document we are talking about. This whole topic is revolving around a trademark document of the Series X logo.
They wont put trademarks they already have in the logotype they are trying to register.
Please read what I type slowly. Then reread it and read the OP then come reread the whole post again.

Think of it this way.
When Toyota builds a new car and they want to trademark the name and logotype for the car.
They dont submit the Toyota logo for Trademarking, they already have that.
They submit the Logotype by itself because the Toyota logo is already theirs.

So Microsoft needs to register the "Xbox Series X"
They already have the Nexus, They already have Microsoft and they already have Xbox....so what do they submit for registration??? Tale a wild guess....Not Xbox, Not Microsoft, Not the Nexus logo....they submit Series X by itself because thats what they are trying to register.
They'd submit both and everything inbettween for a logo if they were going to use it, for example that "X" is also a TM logo of theirs. It's just surprising seeing them slowly moving away from that, though thinking about the rumours I guess it's not that surprising.

AndrewGPK

Oct 27, 2017
Agree that it looks better next to the logo. Alone it looks like a cheap sports brand apparel logo, but when its put together with xbox logo makes sense why they did the x differently.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
We'll get used to it. Its funny how well people look back on 360 marketing when at the time most thought the naming was awful. Same with Nintendo Wii. In the end, the games will determine how well we regard the logo or naming.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You cannot have a license plate (2 letters and number/s after a fixed letter combo for the region) that has "SS" in it in Germany (some others like HJ "Hitler Jugend" are also a no go). But I don't think it was ever a problem in games where the best rank is SS. But as a branding I can see this being a no go.

"SS" wouldn't ever be part of the official branding, is my point.

Mac Dalton

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I keep hearing people say this but is that really the case? It seems like a massive stretch to link this to the German SS, to me.

IT seems like a stretch (and probably is) but as an example licence numbers / tags like SS, SA.are not allowed in germany...

Microsoft could name the new Xbox Xbox Serie S in germany but as a Company like Microsoft you don"t want your Product calld Xbox SS.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
They'd submit both and everything inbettween for a logo if they were going to use it, for example that "X" is also a TM logo oif theirs. It's just surprising seeing them slowly moving away from that, though thinking about the rumours I guess it's not that surprising.
My god I think you need some sleep or something.

Why would they resubmit the X nexus when they already own it?
Do you think they resubmit the Nexus for every product they release that has it on there?
Come on man get serious.
Thats not how it works.

As I said Xbox topics usually cause short circuits so its totally fair that you had one.

But just to shut you up.
When they registered the S for the Xbox One S they didnt need to resubmit the Xbox Nexus or the Xbox name they simply registered the S logo they were going to use.

xbox-s-trademark.png

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
My god I think you need some sleep or something.

Why would they resubmit the X nexus when they already own it?
Do you think they resubmit the Nexus for every product they release that has it on there?
Come on man get serious.
Thats not how it works.

As I said Xbox topics usually cause short circuits so its totally fair that you had one.

But just to shut you up.
When they registered the S for the Xbox One S they didnt need to resubmit the Xbox Nexus or the Xbox name they simply registered the S logo they were going to use.

xbox-s-trademark.png
I'm not the one having a meltdown over people not liking a logo (i think it's fine BTW, not good or bad, just another one of these generic logos, I miss the colouring they and PS had though) and throwing out petty insults.
If you read my post you'd see I already pointed that out with the X logo instead too, as I said they'd trademark a lot.

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
Series X is just a bad name so no logo will change that. Is there any chance they have a different name they are waiting to reveal later?