• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Booker.DeWitt

Oct 25, 2017
off topic question: to play Xbox one games on series X, you just put the disc and that is it? or the game needs to be optimized first by the studio?

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
off topic question: to play Xbox one games on series X, you just put the disc and that is it? or the game needs to be optimized first by the studio?
Technically yes it will work with the disc....HOWEVER....

Yeah, all the games will work from Day 1, no patch required.

This isn't necessarily true. Some games have patches and downloads before you can play them...so the person above may have to download an update or patch for the game. This will be a game by game sort of thing. Some games basically download a digital version/update before they work.

Starting from scratch on your console will most likely see this. If you're moving over an external drive, you may avoid some of this.

Booker.DeWitt

Oct 25, 2017

This isn't necessarily true. Some games have patches and downloads before you can play them...so the person above may have to download an update or patch for the game. This will be a game by game sort of thing. Some games basically download a digital version/update before they work.

Starting from scratch on your console will most likely see this. If you're moving over an external drive, you may avoid some of this.

thanks. So no reason to keep my Xbox X connected to my media room? I will just move it to my bedroom and use as media player

breakfuss

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Yea I assumed they were all downloads, actually, and not running from the disc.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone that order from best buy get charged the money already? I'm seeing 317.99 from best buy as a posted transaction already. Not that that is really an issue but I thought they didnt charge until the console shipped? I know Wal-mart didn't charge me for the PS5 yet.

Betamaxbandit

Jan 30, 2018
Smyths toys in the UK have Xbox all access consoles available again

EDIT; appears to be only series s

Xbox All Access | Smyths Toys UK

With Xbox All Access, you get an Xbox One console and 24 months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, which includes access to over 100 high-quality games, with no upfront cost.

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone that order from best buy get charged the money already? I'm seeing 317.99 from best buy as a posted transaction already. Not that that is really an issue but I thought they didnt charge until the console shipped? I know Wal-mart didn't charge me for the PS5 yet.

It's a pending charge to see if the card has the funds. It will fall off in a few days. Walmart definitely sent a pending charge to my card as well for ps5.

Kensation

Enlightened
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Nope!

Go buy yourself a Shock Blue Series X controller. :)

XboxAcc_Gen9_XDL_Wire_ShockBlue.0.png
Blue Conspiracy controller.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Does anyone know how I can add gift card balances to my preorders? Amazon.
On Amazon US, just go to your orders page and click the View/Edit Order button for the one you want to pay with gift cards. There's a box right there to drop in gift cards. You don't have to hit any Change Payment buttons or such.

Oct 25, 2017

BadRabbit

Oct 29, 2017
gamestop over pre-ordered? oof

Like I should have known their queue system was to good to be true. Once I got one, I thought about getting a back up, but had work to get done so once I got the confirmation email of my order, figured I was golden. Now I remember why I don't give Gamestop business. Final nail in the coffin. Wish their employees well, the company can't burn fast enough.

Are these for web or in-store pre-orders?!?!

Web

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
yeah. this is why you keep more than one order until we are near launch. I don't trust these companies.

Mar 8, 2020
Washington State
I'm livid at GameStop and i didn't even preorder from them. So sorry to those going the cancellation emails. How did they fuck that up? It's not like they had more than 10 units at each store... at the most!

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hartford, CT
I see that the preorder was for All Access, I wonder if other AA people got theirs cancelled to. I tried to get a AA system but it wasn't available anywhere so I wonder if there's a problem with the system?

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Man that sucks to hear GameStop is cancelling orders.

Let this be a reminder though that anyone who has multiple preorders, this is a perfect example of why you don't cancel extra preorders right now.

guitarguy316

Nov 3, 2017
To everyone that keeps asking...this should be put in the OP...

Best Buy and Walmart will charge you the full amount now. This is just an authorization and will never fully process. For some of you that may look like you were actually charged now but I 100% guarantee you that it will not actually post or it will fall off your account within a week. You'll actually be charged when it ships later in November.

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
On Amazon US, just go to your orders page and click the View/Edit Order button for the one you want to pay with gift cards. There's a box right there to drop in gift cards. You don't have to hit any Change Payment buttons or such.

Does this affect your preorder any? Like, put you to the back of the queue, or change the status or (worse yet) cancel it or anything?

Been hearing tell that changing your payment method can push you to the back of the queue, and I don't want to even touch the options for payment or cancellation just in case. I know it's being paranoid and silly, but still...

Man that sucks to hear GameStop is cancelling orders.

Let this be a reminder though that anyone who has multiple preorders, this is a perfect example of why you don't cancel extra preorders right now.

Yeah no kidding. That's so messed up... And the thing is if you thought you got one from them then you might've relaxed and not tried to get one from elsewhere. Wow. That's so messed up - seriously.

Making any changes to your Amazon order, including applying a gift balance to it, will place you on the "back of the queue".

Welp. Nope, forget that. Not worth it.

Thanks for the tip though.

Last edited:

Bii

Oct 25, 2017
To everyone that keeps asking...this should be put in the OP...

Best Buy and Walmart will charge you the full amount now. This is just an authorization and will never fully process. For some of you that may look like you were actually charged now but I 100% guarantee you that it will not actually post or it will fall off your account within a week. You'll actually be charged when it ships later in November.

In regards to Best Buy (and Target), they also do a rolling authorization for the amount every 1-2 weeks up until it ships. So they can cancel the order if it fails to authorize.

Does this affect your preorder any? Like, put you to the back of the queue, or change the status or (worse yet) cancel it or anything?

Been hearing tell that changing your payment method can push you to the back of the queue, and I don't want to even touch the options for payment or cancellation just in case. I know it's being paranoid and silly, but still...

Making any changes to your Amazon order, including applying a gift balance to it, will place you on the "back of the queue".

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA

Yeah no kidding. That's so messed up... And the thing is if you thought you got one from them then you might've relaxed and not tried to get one from elsewhere. Wow. That's so messed up - seriously.

Welp. Nope, forget that. Not worth it.

Thanks for the tip though.
In regards to Best Buy (and Target), they also do a rolling authorization for the amount every 1-2 weeks up until it ships. So they can cancel the order if it fails to authorize.

Typically, changing anything like shipping speed and credit card CAN cause them to internally reauthorize the order and make issues for out of stock items.

BUT applying a gift card to cover the balance typically has NO effect on the preorder. That said, some people claim they've had order dates bumped while others say it has never affected their console orders.

SP.

Oct 27, 2017
Disappointed to see the Gamestop cancellations. Good thing I kept a Best Buy and MS store preorder open, little concerned about one of those doing the same especially considering Best Buy took a ton of X preorders yesterday.

Also yes, if you are making address or payment updates to orders it's always best to do that via chat support where available.

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
Oh boy. Anybody else get a citizens one account approval email after not being able to get the all access stuff working yesterday?

What a clown show.