• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deathglobe

Oct 25, 2017
I had a weird glitch where if I choose HDMI as my connection it won't allow me to have a high resolution I have to keep it on auto

StealthieOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dfw
So how can i.get a list of games i had on my xbox 1 s? Like I'm noticing that games i thought should show up under ready to install, aren't there.. Is there a list somewhere?

Oct 30, 2017
Ks8000 user here, forza horizon 3 looks awful in HDR without dynamic contrast. No matter what settings I use on the TV or in game. Anyone else have this dull wish washy looking image on the same tv, or even different TVs for that matter?

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017
Ordered the Scorpio Edition the second it was available from Amazon. It's not here. Tracking has nothing beyond a single update from over 40 hours ago: "Package has left seller facility and is in transit to carrier." Really frustrated right now.

shadowhaxor

EIC of Theouterhaven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Claymont, Delaware
So how can i.get a list of games i had on my xbox 1 s? Like I'm noticing that games i thought should show up under ready to install, aren't there.. Is there a list somewhere?
If you goto your games and in the upper right hand side, you can change the listing to "Xbox One Enhanced Games". Then you can see all the games that should be updated.

Isak_Borg

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Finally got mine and downloading update but happy as fuck with this purchase.

wish there was a 4k calibration software I could use but I'll figure it out.

Grazzt

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
I am fucking floored by this.. Its one thing to see videos of it, but once you actually see one up close and hold it you truly realize that this is a truly amazing engineering feat by MS. Size, weight, noise, design.. EVERYTHING. Holding it in person, I mean wow..
Yeah I'm really impressed by this piece of hardware. So small, so quiet yet so powerful. I'm still using 1080p TV but games look so much better now. Not to mention the nearly halved loading time

Rocco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Texas
Ive just been jumping from game to game, Killer Instinct, Halo 5, Rise of the Tomb Raider...they all look beautiful.

Then I went back to Overwatch and :/

...Im already spoiled.

The console is also freakishly quiet.

Also, I backed up my settings and pre-downloaded all my updates on an external harddrive. The setup was crazy fast when it arrived. Literally plug and play.

Still have to get to Gears and Injustice 2.

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Christ the graphical difference between the xb1 and xb1x versions of Ghost Recon Wildlands is insane. Currently trying all sorts of games now to see the differences.

ghostmind

Oct 25, 2017
Soooo... it just showed up from Amazon, and its the Project Scorpio edition, which is odd since I had ordered the Scorpio originally, then cancelled it, and then preordered the standard edition.

The box is in good shape, which is amazing since Amazon user very little packaging to protect it. And for some reason the Amazon box smells of cigarettes...

EDIT: Also waiting on a good deal for the XE900

Garrison

Oct 27, 2017
Was walking into a Walmart this morning and realized it was launch day for this thing. I forgot about it because I didn't pre-order and didn't think I'd have the $$$ upfront for one.
Saw one on the store and put it on lay-away. Wish me luck! Got till December 11.

Observable

Oct 27, 2017
I bought one just before the stores closed here in The Netherlands. It seems it's now sold out everywhere, but I know someone at a local shop who kept a scorpio edition for me even though I did not preorder (wan't planning on buying one this soon tbh).

It's pretty crazy to see that its sold out and stores (even online stores) not taking in any new orders; the original One really isn't that popular here in the Netherlands as far as I know. The stores I talked to seemed to be pretty surprised by it as well.

Tomorrow I will unpack it and set it up, can't wait!

Oct 31, 2017
I stand corrected and wow what a difference the Scorpio edition is compared to regular Xbox one X.

It's a beautiful console and the regular one looks cheap.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
I stand corrected and wow what a difference the Scorpio edition is compared to regular Xbox one X.

It's a beautiful console and the regular one looks cheap.

I really hope this is the case
I actually have a scorpio edition coming tomorrow and was pretty sure at this point it would look worse

I hope your opinion is one I share

Sim

Oct 25, 2017
First game I tried, even though it isn't X enhanced, is AC Unity. Good to see a console shitshow no longer be one.

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
Anyone having trouble with their external drives? All my games show and my drive is recognized, but trying to launch anything just takes me to the game's store page. Going to "Manage Game" shows that the system doesn't recognize anything as being installed, but since it can't see the stuff installed on the external I can't move it to the internal.

Oct 27, 2017
Well, I'm glad I kept the Scorpio version. It looks much nicer in person compared to the standard. It really doesn't show that well in pictures or video.

ShotZ

Oct 28, 2017
Just got my first game of fortnite in. Looks really good! I play primarily on PC but this will be great on business trips!!

Enix XIII

Nov 7, 2017
Anyone having trouble with their external drives? All my games show and my drive is recognized, but trying to launch anything just takes me to the game's store page. Going to "Manage Game" shows that the system doesn't recognize anything as being installed, but since it can't see the stuff installed on the external I can't move it to the internal.

My external drives work, when they do not appear I just unplug and plug back in again.

X is amazing so far

TheDave545

Nov 4, 2017
This is a long shot but has anyone got the Panasonic Viera TX-58DX902b and if so what are your picture settings?

Mrflood

Oct 25, 2017
Ks8000 user here, forza horizon 3 looks awful in HDR without dynamic contrast. No matter what settings I use on the TV or in game. Anyone else have this dull wish washy looking image on the same tv, or even different TVs for that matter?

I have that same issue in FH3 on my KS8000.

Same issue with my B7. Orange almost looks brown.

Think HDR was poorly implemented in FH3. Had no issues with Gears of War 4.

Purdy

Oct 27, 2017

I was looking at that here - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Seagate-Sp...id=1510097846&sr=8-4&keywords=xbox+hard+drive

However, when you scroll down to comparisons the data transfer rate seems awful compared to the other models? I don't really get that.

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Picked mine up yesterday, damn nice looking and a very sleek/quiet console. The dashboard is a fucking joy to use, snappy AF. My usual games are downloaded and updated already (Aussie Internet, took one night to finish everything).

Now to decide on which 4K TV to get...So far things look nice with the down sampling on my trusty ol' 55" 1080p Samsung so I'm already happy with everything. Can't wait for that 4K switchover though.

iyox

Oct 25, 2017
I bought this but don't really know what the "wow" game is. Hoping Gears 4 looks good.

The Argus

Oct 28, 2017
I really hope this is the case
I actually have a scorpio edition coming tomorrow and was pretty sure at this point it would look worse

I hope your opinion is one I share

I absolutely love my Scorpio Edition. The gradient is a whole lot more subtle than the original glam shots made it look. Not sure about how the regular version ships, but the packaging felt way more premium compared to the Pro and any other console I've ever had. Small thing, but unboxing a beautifully wrapped console from inserts and cloth was a lot nicer than pulling a piece of plastic from styrofoam and white cardboard. I have a feeling it'll be a true collectors item if you keep the box. Controller is just alright, but I've been using my Elite instead.

I bought this but don't really know what the "wow" game is. Hoping Gears 4 looks good.

Assassin's Creed has wowed me. The Insects demo was impressive. Still waiting on Tomb Raider, but also can't wait to try out Planet Earth 2 on 4k Blu-ray

PhilouFelin

Account closed at user request.
Oct 25, 2017
Damn that thing is heavy, that was my first thought. My second thought was how "premium" it felt and looked. Pretty happy with the purchase.

Azzawon

Oct 25, 2017
Scunthorpe, UK
I've played a few games tonight on my 1080p monitor but the one that stood out the most so far is CoD WWII to be honest. Maybe because it's had a resolution bump as well as improved fidelity, but it honestly feels like a different game to me.

The Xbox itself is gorgeous as well and looks great in my setup. Scorpio edition here btw. Much more appealing than the first Scorpio Edition images made it out to be.

Gumbie

Oct 28, 2017
Can anybody confirm that the Amazon Video app and Netflix app both support HDR? Netflix does on ps4 pro but the ps4 Amazon app does 4K but not HDR.

Deleted member 12635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I played Quantum Break, Forza 7, Gears 4, RotTR and some AC:O and the Xbox One X stayed whisper silent. I could not believe it. An awesome piece of technology!