• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MauroNL

What Are Ya' Buying?
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands

Xbox One Sale Roundup: July 14th, 2020

Discounts on Strider, Sniper Elite 3, Fibbage, Rocksmith 2014 Edition, Grand Theft Auto V, MONOPOLY Plus, The Crew and more
www.trueachievements.com

Enormous Ubisoft Forward Xbox Sale Now On - Up to 90% off!

Discounts on Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, Watch_Dogs, Assassin's Creed Unity, Far Cry 4, Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China, Assassin's Creed Syndicate, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege and more

majornelson.com

This Week’s Deals With Gold And Spotlight Sale

Here are this week’s games and add-on deals available from the Microsoft Games Store. Discounts are valid now through 20 July 2020.

Several sales this week. Xbox 360 coming in later. Grab 'em while you can!

Last edited:

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
The remake of Resident Evil 1 for 5 bucks is an essential purchase. One of my all time favorite games. I already own it myself though. Lots of great deals.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
25 clams for Origins and Odyssey seems like a pretty good deal. Thinking about jumping on that.

Waiting for 360 deals first, though.

As usual, thanks OP!

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Is this the summer game sale, or is that still coming?

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition is only $6 and also BC if you want to get all the DLC and stuff. I don't know about the balance and stuff, though

Raider34

Banned
May 8, 2018
United States
This thread is awesome had a Xbox for 2 years now and got 311 games due to sales like these. Just picked up all the Far Cry's and picking up the whole Assassins Creed Collection FridAy when I get paid. Completed my Borderlands Collection last week.

Jan 16, 2019
This thread is awesome had a Xbox for 2 years now and got 311 games due to sales like these. Just picked up all the Far Cry's and picking up the whole Assassins Creed Collection FridAy when I get paid. Completed my Borderlands Collection last week.

yeah I switched to all digital a few months ago. Can't go wrong with many of these sales, backlog is gigantic lol

Oct 27, 2017
The remake of Resident Evil 1 for 5 bucks is an essential purchase. One of my all time favorite games. I already own it myself though. Lots of great deals.

I'll guess, like always, the X360 versions aren't on sale. Have they ever been? Capcom, give me a reason to play through these again.

Street Fighter 4 is 79 cents and is backward compatible.

STREET FIGHTER IV

Oh, fuck. I'm in. I have USF4 already installed (from physical), but I'm in.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Same with Far Cry 4 and Primal. Although I wonder if series X will be able to fix that. I might pick them up. Own both on PS4.
Series X can only allow a BC game to reach it's target resolution and framerate more often or locked. You can only hope these games are the select games the BC team may be able to enhance and increase the native resolution and/or double the framerate.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
Series X can only allow a BC game to reach it's target resolution and framerate more often or locked. You can only hope these games are the select games the BC team may be able to enhance and increase the native resolution and/or double the framerate.

In that case I wouldn't have these games at the top of my wishlist of games to be enhanced. They are fine even sub 1080P. Tekken 7, Max Payne 3 and Alpha Protocol on the other hand need some loving.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In that case I wouldn't have these games at the top of my wishlist of games to be enhanced. They are fine even sub 1080P. Tekken 7, Max Payne 3 and Alpha Protocol on the other hand need some loving.
Well we're still waiting on official word from the BC team on the continuation of enhancing BC 360 games as well as adding more 360 and OG Xbox to BC.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Was hoping Breakpoint would be around £10. Also, it's pretty annoying that there's no sale on the Warlords of New York by itself, D2 + WoNY is like £22, but all I need is WoNY :(

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm tempted by Blacklist and Conviction for $6 each in 4K. Never played any Splinter Cell games before. What do you guys think? One reservation I have is them coming to Games with Gold or Game Pass in the future.

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
I'm tempted by Blacklist and Conviction for $6 each in 4K. Never played any Splinter Cell games before. What do you guys think? One reservation I have is them coming to Games with Gold or Game Pass in the future.

Ubisoft games don't usually come to gamepass.

For $6 you can't really go wrong with them.
Conviction and Blacklist are both great games with Conviction being more action heavy. Most would consider Chaos Theory to be the best in the series though.

If you like co-op Conviction has a very fun coop campaign and Blacklist has coop missions in it as well.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
I'll guess, like always, the X360 versions aren't on sale. Have they ever been? Capcom, give me a reason to play through these again.
From what I have seen, if a game isn't BC with The One, it does not exist for Capcom. Their BC policies were pretty scummy in general tbh. None of their games which got next gen versions are BC while practically all of the ones which didn't get enhanced are. Only if they couldn't sell the game to us again did they allow us to play it.

Navidson REC

Oct 31, 2017
Control for 30 bucks is tempting but I'm holding out hope for a complete edition and/or Game Pass. Also, might make more sense to play this on Series X down the line I guess.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Control for 30 bucks is tempting but I'm holding out hope for a complete edition and/or Game Pass. Also, might make more sense to play this on Series X down the line I guess.
It has been confirmed for PS5/XSX so you really should wait. It's likely that it will launch there as a complete edition and be significantly enhanced since the PC version already had great raytracing. It also runs poorly on this gen and even has some stuttering on the X.

Navidson REC

Oct 31, 2017
It has been confirmed for PS5/XSX so you really should wait. It's likely that it will launch there as a complete edition and be significantly enhanced since the PC version already had great raytracing. It also runs poorly on this gen and even has some stuttering on the X.
Thanks, I'll for sure wait then. I also don't really wanna support them while there's still platform-exclusive DLC, as much as I love Remedy as a developer.

Sid

Banned
Mar 28, 2018
User Banned (3 Days): Accusation of Shilling; Prior Ban for Console Wars
'Grab em while you can!' in the OP sounds like MS PR

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
How is Breakpoint these days? I absolutely loved Wildlands in co-op but we hated the beta from Breakpoint. From both the environmental aesthetics to the looting and shooting mechanics point of view. But I've heard the patched it up quite good.

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
I walked away with Dear Esther for $2.99. It's been many years since I played it, so I am looking forward to experiencing it again; there's so much I don't remember about it.

And I know it's on sale all the time, but with the Series X looming quickly on the horizon, I think I'll be double-dipping to get digital versions of discs I own. Darksiders Fury's Collection - War and Death goes on sale all the time, but I do love that series a ton. $9.99 isn't the cheapest it's ever been, but it's close.

speedomodel

Oct 27, 2017
Man, those Splinter Cell games go on sale every month it seems...

Maybe I need to pick them up finally.

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
Got Far cry 3 for 3 dollars, Assassins creed rogue, and unity for 9 dollars a piece.