• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LeMillion

Jun 9, 2020
Do you at least get HDR10 on the One X, or no HDR support at all?

I "think" it downgrades to HDR10, but from my experience it looks like garbage. Dolby Vision Blu Ray titles played on Xbox One were always super dim compared to HDR10 titles.

Dolby Vision on Netflix/Disney Plus works great however.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
I "think" it downgrades to HDR10, but from my experience it looks like garbage. Dolby Vision Blu Ray titles played on Xbox One were always super dim compared to HDR10 titles.

Dolby Vision on Netflix/Disney Plus works great however.

Got it, thanks. Figured I'd give the Series X a try as my 4K BR player before burning money & an HDMI port on a standalone. Will see how it goes, I guess.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Getting a little anxious about my pre-order. I've got a couple of PS5s, so at least there's a plan B there if one retailer shits the bed at launch. However for XSX I'm 100% at the mercy of Amazon. I've been checking at least twice a day for a shipping confirmation email.

andresmoros

Oct 29, 2017
Houston
Getting a little anxious about my pre-order. I've got a couple of PS5s, so at least there's a plan B there if one retailer shits the bed at launch. However for XSX I'm 100% at the mercy of Amazon. I've been checking at least twice a day for a shipping confirmation email.
This is always a stressful time, because we never know if we will get one of those "your order has been cancelled" emails. I just need to be over this shit ASAP.

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
Speaking of pre orders I've been checking my MS store order pretty religiously since I ordered it. Used to have a pic of the Series x but now shows this thing. For the life of me I don't remember the original status but it also says pending now. Anyone else see this?
Devices@2x.png

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
This is always a stressful time, because we never know if we will get one of those "your order has been cancelled" emails. I just need to be over this shit ASAP.

I'd be heartbroken if my pre-order gets cancelled. Means I'd have to hit the brick & mortar stores during a pandemic with the other animals, or do the unthinkable and... wait. Both terrible options.

LeMillion

Jun 9, 2020
I'd be heartbroken if my pre-order gets cancelled. Means I'd have to hit the brick & mortar stores during a pandemic with the other animals, or do the unthinkable and... wait. Both terrible options.

Unless you've got amazing health insurance, once of those options is dramatically less terrible.

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
I don't even think many brick and mortar stores will have em for long. Would be a shame to go out during a pandemic and get nothing. Hopefully none of your pre orders get cancelled. *crosses fingers*

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Unless you've got amazing health insurance, once of those options is dramatically less terrible.

tenor.gif

I don't even think many brick and mortar stores will have em for long. Would be a shame to go out during a pandemic and get nothing. Hopefully none of your pre orders get cancelled. *crosses fingers*

Actually I am a bit curious to see how crazy it'll be this time around with everything going on. No idea how the Xbox One was, but the 360 launch was insane. Best Buy's parking lot looked like a mini parade from the road. But thanks! I hope so too.

Munki

Apr 30, 2019
Speaking of pre orders I've been checking my MS store order pretty religiously since I ordered it. Used to have a pic of the Series x but now shows this thing. For the life of me I don't remember the original status but it also says pending now. Anyone else see this?
Devices@2x.png
Just checked the order for my Series S and I see the same icon with the status as "pending".

Devices@2x.png

Last edited:

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
The Initiative is showing steady growth, 3 new additions;

- Lauren Manuel Garcia Carrro, Senior Shaders Technology (Previously on The Last of Us II at Naughty Dog)
- Richard Burns, UI/UX lead (Previously on Forza Horizon 4 at Playground Games)
- Jaime Molina, Enviroment Artist (Previously on COD:MW at Infinity Ward)

Impresive hires.

Recent hires and overall volume show that they are probably in playable state, maybe ready to show something.

Great additions!

Eamon

Prophet of Truth
Apr 22, 2020
Personally don't think it should use the Hitman model. Don't get me wrong I love the new Hitman games, I just don't think it lends itself well to deep story telling, which I think The Initiatives game needs.
I don't think the episodic release model used in Hitman is necessarily inhibitive to deep story telling - I think the key is finding a quick turn around time on the release cadence. Tell Me Why nailed it in that regard.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
The Initiative is showing steady growth, 3 new additions;

- Lauren Manuel Garcia Carrro, Senior Shaders Technology (Previously on The Last of Us II at Naughty Dog)
- Richard Burns, UI/UX lead (Previously on Forza Horizon 4 at Playground Games)
- Jaime Molina, Enviroment Artist (Previously on COD:MW at Infinity Ward)

Impresive hires.

Recent hires and overall volume show that they are probably in playable state, maybe ready to show something.

Never been much a Perfect Dark fan, but the stable of talent they're putting together over there is undeiable. Whatever they're working on I can't wait to see it.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
While I liked the Hitman model, I feel like it was pretty divisive. Lots of players refused to give the game a chance because of some stigma with episodic releases.

I would be one of those. It would instantly be less interesting to me, if it was announced as episodic. And I actually like Life is Strange and the modern Hitman, but I'd still rather have "full" releases, instead of being strung along for a few hours here and there, sometimes with months inbetween.

I can also imagine it not being received particularly well among core gamers..

Last edited:

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
UI/UX designer from horizon has me worried, lol.

I HATE the menus in fh4 and fm7. so bloated and confusing.

pg2g

Dec 18, 2018
I don't think the episodic release model used in Hitman is necessarily inhibitive to deep story telling - I think the key is finding a quick turn around time on the release cadence. Tell Me Why nailed it in that regard.

Tell Me Why was weird, it was so fast that it was obvious that they could have released it at once.

Deleted member 78123

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 16, 2020
We still don't know the Xbox Series launch date here in Brazil. The Xbox Brasil twitter account has been quiet for four days since the controversy with the hostess. Sigh.

Axel Stone

Jan 10, 2020
UI/UX designer from horizon has me worried, lol.

I HATE the menus in fh4 and fm7. so bloated and confusing.

I tend to agree, but on the other hand I think the insane wealth of options and info that you are presented with in Forza are more to blame for that than the UI. I'm not sure how you'd make all of those options much less confusing.

Hasi

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
My Series X order also shows the same. I realised a few days ago that these pages seem to have been redesigned somewhat, and now there's no 'expected delivery date' on my order.

So I'm worried.

I have the exact same thing, on Microsoft Store in the Netherlands. I think considering everyone has the same problem I'm not too worried about it.

LeMillion

Jun 9, 2020
I guess that makes some sense, since they're doing the digital fan fest thing, too.

But that's a really weird thing when people won't have the consoles for a midnight launch.

I think it's cool. It's not like you're actively playing your Series X at a launch event anyway. It's about getting together with people to share the excitement.

Munki

Apr 30, 2019
My Series X order also shows the same. I realised a few days ago that these pages seem to have been redesigned somewhat, and now there's no 'expected delivery date' on my order.

So I'm worried.
Aye yay yay... Now you are getting me nervous. I checked the status of my Series X (I had to preorder at two different retailers), and it still seems to be the same but with the expected delivery date of November 17th.

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018

So I'm worried.
I just chatted with MS support and they said it's still expected to be delivered on launch day. I freaked out when my delivery date disappeared.

In Amber Clad

rather sultry
Aug 26, 2018
London
I have the exact same thing, on Microsoft Store in the Netherlands. I think considering everyone has the same problem I'm not too worried about it.

Yeah, you're probably right. I'm just extra paranoid because I got my pre-order in quite late in the day. 🤞

Aye yay yay... Now you are getting me nervous. I checked the status of my Series X (I had to preorder at two different retailers), and it still seems to be the same but with the expected delivery date of November 17th.

On the other hand 😬
Which retailer is that with?

EDIT

I just chatted with MS support and they said it's still expected to be delivered on launch day. I freaked out when my delivery date disappeared.

Good to know, thanks Remeran!

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
I guess that's true, Hitman is the way it is more from the way its re-playability is designed than it's release model. The initiatives game needs be extremely high quality with a story focus IMO. Episodic doesn't necessarily go against either of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.