• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RF Switch

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Is microsoft selling a system this year on the promise of games to come rather than having a game that shows why the new system will make a difference over the old ones? I think sony is doing the same thing. I know covid really fucked a lot of things. But asking people to shell out 500 bucks without a super compelling reason to at launch does not look good. Ive been mulling this over since the halo delay. Things just dont feel ready for this year.
Was Xbox One X upgrade worth it to you? Good thing Microsoft designed this launch so you can wait if you're not ready

Fizie

Jan 21, 2018
Any reason why people don't believe 249-299$ but 399$. When it comes to PS5DE they believe 399$. Smh.
Yeah very puzzling. I see the argument that PS5DE would make up for the low cost through digital purchases as digital only, but then so is Lockhart supposedly

ClassicSinfulJavalina-size_restricted.gif

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Was Xbox One X upgrade worth it to you? Good thing Microsoft designed this launch so you can wait if you're not ready

i love my one x, but that was a mid gen refresh, this is the start of their new generation, i expect more, like a new game that really utilizes the hardware to give us something new that visually couldn't be done on previous hardware. We had such games at the launches of the xbox 360 and the xbox one.

indosmoke

Oct 30, 2017
France
Any reason why people don't believe 249-299$ but 399$. When it comes to PS5DE they believe 399$. Smh.

I personally think PS5DE is going to be $499 (and PS5 $599, like XSX). That's why I think XSS would be relatively well positioned at $349/399.

$299 for Series S is a pipe dream imo, but I usually suck at predictions so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

RF Switch

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
i love my one x, but that was a mid gen refresh, this is the start of their new generation, i expect more, like a new game that really utilizes the hardware to give us something new that visually couldn't be done on previous hardware. We had such games at the launches of the xbox 360 and the xbox one.
It depends on how you see it I guess. The way I see it every game coming out now will provide that feeling. I am looking forward to playing Sea of Thieves and Destiny 2 on XSX because 30 fps is just not enough now.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It depends on how you see it I guess. The way I see it every game coming out now will provide that feeling. I am looking forward to playing Sea of Thieves and Destiny 2 on XSX because 30 fps is just not enough now.

i agree that stuff will be cool, but it wont be the same as seeing next gen visuals for the first time when you took home ryse, or played forza 5, or saw the dense zombie crowds in dead rising 3.

tbassett

Jan 8, 2019
Series S has to be 100 less than the cheapest PS5 model. I have no idea what the PS5 is going to be.

I think either 300 or 350 for series S. 300 would be a killer price

Biggzy

Oct 27, 2017

If the PS5 DE is going to be $399 then Sony would have announced it at the June event. The PS4 launched at that price so Sony knows a console will sell at that price. Of course, if Microsoft prices the Series S aggressively then Sony could go to that price in response, but I would bet they sure as hell do not want to.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
People are really going to be disappointed if they are expecting a price of $250 for the Series S. I'm thinking $400, $350 if we're lucky.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Gies has a history of being wrong about this sort of thing, especially next-gen stuff, but if true (I don't believe it will be), that would be killer. I'd likely pick up a second Series S for the bedroom.

But if that is the proposed pricing, which lets be real here, would be a big marketing win (at least with the Series S), why haven't they announced the pricing already? What would be the benefit of waiting on good news like that, and potentially missing out on early pre-orders too?

RF Switch

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Gies has a history of being wrong about this sort of thing, especially next-gen stuff, but if true (I don't believe it will be), that would be killer. I'd likely pick up a second Series S for the bedroom.

But if that is the proposed pricing, which lets be real here, would be a big marketing win (at least with the Series S), why haven't they announced the pricing already? What would be the benefit of waiting on good news like that, and potentially missing out on early pre-orders too?
If the price point is 499 or 599 I think having Sony go first and either matching or beating the competition with the "better" hardware has been part of the strategy

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like it's best to assume high prices for these consoles, which would be more than fair given the specs. Besides, it reduces possible disappointment from when expectations run wild. (see: Gold/Free MP, guilty as charged)

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
At 249 i may buy that at launch then wait for a special edition xsx console

supercommodore

Prophet of Truth
Apr 13, 2020
UK
Talking about the suggested retail price. Yes, sales will get the S down very low. Right now the msrp is $300 in the US right now but was sold for much less during sales.

Ok true, RRP in UK is £249.99.

I don't agree with the feasibility a lot of the high prices being suggested in this thread. The idea that a £399 ($400) Series S is viable is beyond me.

Fizie

Jan 21, 2018
People are really going to be disappointed if they are expecting a price of $250 for the Series S. I'm thinking $400, $350 if we're lucky.
Agreed, I think 250 is too good to be true. I also think a 100 difference between the Series S and PS5DE is also too good to be true (for the PS5DE).

Deleted member 70824

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 2, 2020
If I was negotiating prices for the Series X hardware, and my company committed to using this very same hardware in our xCloud server centres, I would be fighting for very competitive prices.

space_nut

Oct 28, 2017
NJ
I'm so ready for my XSX I want to throw $700 at it now just to get it paid off and pick it up ASAP lol I'm pumped to play Gears 5 and FH4 on this thing

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Anybody who's into Sea of Thieves (or who has dabbled before) but might not be regularly checking the online events pages, there's a big Summer Event on starting today. 44 challenges ranging from super easy to really quite tough. You get gold and doubloons for each and also unlock a new cosmetic item for every 3 challenges you complete. For example, you only need to complete six challenges to get (the base version of) a fucking COOL LION FIGUREHEAD.

Event is running until September 30th so plenty of time to knock some out. There's literally never been a better time to get on the seas.

Sea of Thieves - Summer of Sea of Thieves

Stuck at port with nowhere to go? Spend your summer sailing the beautiful Sea of Thieves!

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Anybody who's into Sea of Thieves (or who has dabbled before) but might not be regularly checking the online events pages, there's a big Summer Event on starting today. 44 challenges ranging from super easy to really quite tough. You get gold and doubloons for each and also unlock a new cosmetic item for every 3 challenges you complete. For example, you only need to complete six challenges to get (the base version of) a fucking COOL LION FIGUREHEAD.

Event is running until September 30th so plenty of time to knock some out. There's literally never been a better time to get on the seas.

Stuck at port with nowhere to go? Spend your summer sailing the beautiful Sea of Thieves!

nice - could definitely see myself hoping on for this to get back in it

supercommodore

Prophet of Truth
Apr 13, 2020
UK
It is if the main consoles are 600.

First, I think there is no way the main consoles will be £600.

I can't understand the idea of the "budget" console going into the holidays at £400. The whole idea was a cheaper entry point into the Xbox ecosystem for next gen. Makes no sense to me if they then price it the same as main consoles from the previous generation at release?

Add to that if the Series S is within £100 of the PS5 DE it will look like a really bad deal.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
www.ign.com

Update: Halo Devs Refute Notion That TV Show Is a 'Distraction' to Infinite Development - IGN

According to a new report, Halo Infinite's development has been mired by outsourcing issues and the "significant distraction" of the Halo TV series.

Welp. I hope this comes out okay, and I hope whats there is salvagable into a good halo game. But if they needed to cancel it, start over, and come back with something with a clearer vision in a few years, id also be okay with that too. Id rather have no halo for a while than undercooked halo.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017

i feel comfortable the price will be between 499-599 for xsx (whereever ps5 lands, MS will match) and between 299-399 for xss

if xsx = 499, i could see xss = 299-349
if xsx = 599, i could see xss = 349-399

Arthur's $249 xss i just don't see happening. dont set yourself up for disappointment.

ACTUALLY, does anyone have that original lockhart leak handy? Klobrille ? i dont recall pricing mentioned.... may need to revise my numbers if it did mention 249 🤔

solis74

Jun 11, 2018

cool thanks

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
The logic works very well because a digital PS5 at 100 bucks cheaper than the regular would still be somewhat expensive whereas some of the price guesses that people have for Series S are absurd. I mean 250, really?

SOME logic on both sides has been crazy!, i stand by my earlier predictions these consoles are going to cost $$$.

Status
Not open for further replies.