• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Console streaming is fantastic at home. I don't feel any input lag and there isn't any artifacting in my image

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
You can't really make any assumptions about Playground's RPG, it's almost an entirely new team, with the exception of some few very senior members. Yes the studio has worked on an open world racer, but this is largely different people, and also not a racer. And even if it was, it's not even the same engine as their previous games. Yes the team has a lot of RPG experience, but very few of these people have worked together. They have Playground's pipelines and infrastructure, but it's a new team and they might find new work flows work better with Unreal then they did with Forza Tech. Yeah they have easy access to people like Obsidian and InXile and Ninja Theory and Undead Labs that could offer some tricks and tips and tech, but who knows how much they'll actually take advantage of those connections.

All this to say, it's a total wildcard. It could be the greatest RPG ever, it could be an utter disappointment (though I doubt that), or it could just be okay. The only thing I'm confident in is that it's still a ways away.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018

This is exactly what to do. Many kids have never touched Halo, and many people stopped after reach. I understand better the Microsoft strategy with Mixer.

They also say that this is the perfect time to introduce new players to Halo because the game comes out with the Xbox Scarlett but will also be available on PC / xCloud and Game Pass.

343 industries are confident and seem to control their subject ...

sounds cool.

Governergrimm

Jun 25, 2019
So um what's up with the hyperbolic "Outer Worlds is trash" threads? Between OW looks terrible and it's ruined by Disco Elysium I just don't get it.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
I tried the console to phone streaming today, works really well, which was expected I guess since it's basically the same thing as the console to PC streaming, just to a phone. I did like that the app supports controllers besides Xbox, which the PS4 remote play app doesn't, so I can get away with having one controller with a clip on it (ps4 controller) and just use it for streaming both.

I also much prefer Xboxs implementation of this to Playstations. It feels like it uses a direct connection instead of going up from the console and back down, it's a lot more responsive and stable. Still hoping for that XCloud trial invite, but this'll do for now.

Firenoh

Mar 7, 2019
I tried the console to phone streaming today, works really well, which was expected I guess since it's basically the same thing as the console to PC streaming, just to a phone. I did like that the app supports controllers besides Xbox, which the PS4 remote play app doesn't, so I can get away with having one controller with a clip on it (ps4 controller) and just use it for streaming both.

I also much prefer Xboxs implementation of this to Playstations. It feels like it uses a direct connection instead of going up from the console and back down, it's a lot more responsive and stable. Still hoping for that XCloud trial invite, but this'll do for now.
So now you're playing Xbox games, on your phone, using a PS4 controller, and this is all officially sanctioned.

Man, the future is wild!

Sep 19, 2019
Hamburg- Germany
User warned: Inappropriate Point of Comparison Relating to Mental Health.
So um what's up with the hyperbolic "Outer Worlds is trash" threads? Between OW looks terrible and it's ruined by Disco Elysium I just don't get it.

This was to be expected. Since a potential sequel will never hit certain platforms the work has to be done now.

Passive aggression or borderline personality disorder we call it.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

It's embarassing, frankly. It's not even just an Outer Worlds or Microsoft thing: people who ignore the dozens of threads already discussing the game to make a thread about how they hate the game looks like such a desperate call for attention. These people know that a negative comment on the OT would generate like 3 replies before moving on to business as usual, but with a fancy thread all the people who kinda want to trash the game without playing it but don't want to get embarassed in the OT can live their fantasy.

Deleted member 51306

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 27, 2018
It's embarassing, frankly. It's not even just an Outer Worlds or Microsoft thing: people who ignore the dozens of threads already discussing the game to make a thread about how they hate the game looks like such a desperate call for attention. These people know that a negative comment on the OT would generate like 3 replies before moving on to business as usual, but with a fancy thread all the people who kinda want to trash the game without playing it but don't want to get embarassed in the OT can live their fantasy.
That's such a sad life to live.

dodmaster

Apr 27, 2019
So I don't think I can justify the expense of X019 for the Saturday ticket I got and will refund it. Is anyone here going to the main event(s)?

Deleted member 51306

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 27, 2018
I'm fine if they want to add new alien races. Or if they brought Brutes back. The Halo 5 campaign gets a lot of shit but one part that I liked was going to the elite home world and learning more about them.

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
I'm all in for a "fresh new start" and binging back the sense of wonder of the first couple of Halos, but I'm not sure I'm feeling good about a new race of aliens. They really need to nail it, and IMHO they didn't do it with the Prometheans. That's very risky.
I got tired of Jackals, Brutes, and Prometheans quite quickly and though I liked Elites and Grunts a lot, I didn't really care much for the flood. 343i needs to bring in some really interesting new enemy types.

Last edited:

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
It really won't. I don't know why you think this. Single player only gamers whom loudly speak out against multiplayer games won't be interested in Bleeding Edge or think better of it just because you showed another Ninja Theory game they'd be interested in.

Disagree. BE is getting undeserved backlash for what it's not. There's a lot of gamers who play both single and multiplayer who had a bad taste in their mouth due to expectations. Not speaking for myself but it was apparent around E3 when it leaked. Seeing that single player game from NT will change the psychology of the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.