• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Folks, what's it gonna take for Xbox to start getting some of the Japanese games that are still skipping Xbox?

Just announced for PS4, PC and also Switch is Ni no Kuni, of course it's not coming to Xbox, sigh.

Final Fantasy Online, I recall SE saying a while ago they were still looking to bring it to Xbox as well. Yesterday was a nice opportunity, but.... nope!

When the Dragon Quest segment started I had small hopes it would hit Xbox now too, nah. And I can go on. I'm grateful Tales at least is back on Xbox but I'm so sad the above mentioned games just totally ignore Xbox. I'm probably better off eyeing that PS5 for those games next year, right?

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Best XGS studio we have.

IYT2QTU.gif

yTkbnOp.gif

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't exactly say they "revealed" the Gears 5 campaign last year... it was a good look but is it that unreasonable to want a more in depth look at campaign?

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

The next person that wonders why Microsoft gave the reboot of a beloved RPG franchise to a developer that specializes in racing games, show 'em this gif. It's just fucking incredible. Incredible technical capabilities, massive creativity, and ways to make a straight-forward race (technically it's an event in this case, to be fair) full of creative elements. They have incredible talent, and if Microsoft told me they are working on a twin stick shooter, a first person shooter, a match-3 game, a battle royale, a turn-based strategy game... I'd be excited regardless, because they could probably push the boundaries of these genres as well.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
On a different note: now that the all-digital Xbox is out and E3 is here, Microsoft still haven't talked about the rumored disc-to-digital program that Windows Central revealed last year. Anybody knows what happened to that? To make proper use of xCloud and to make an all-digital reality feasible while also maintaining backwards compatibility like they confirmed, this plan needs to happen sooner rather than later.

In Amber Clad

rather sultry
Aug 26, 2018
London
Folks, what's it gonna take for Xbox to start getting some of the Japanese games that are still skipping Xbox?

Just announced for PS4, PC and also Switch is Ni no Kuni, of course it's not coming to Xbox, sigh.

Final Fantasy Online, I recall SE saying a while ago they were still looking to bring it to Xbox as well. Yesterday was a nice opportunity, but.... nope!

When the Dragon Quest segment started I had small hopes it would hit Xbox now too, nah. And I can go on. I'm grateful Tales at least is back on Xbox but I'm so sad the above mentioned games just totally ignore Xbox. I'm probably better off eyeing that PS5 for those games next year, right?

Yeah, I've kind of given up hoping for more JP games on Xbox at this point. We'll get the odd one or two, but that's it. I mean, I have a Switch and PS4, so I won't miss out, but it'd be nice to have them on my primary platform.

I was hoping FFXIV would be announced this week - a new expansion would be a good time to launch it on a new platform - but nope. I'll just continue to play on PC.

As for Ni No Kuni, I'm not at all fussed about that skipping Xbox. It had some really frustrating design choices that made me drop it about halfway through, and I don't think I'd ever want to go back.

Last edited:

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
So it seems like all of MS' first party games from the conference are giving pretty good first impression to people who are actually playing them.

Andrei Rublev

Jun 8, 2018
Phil Spencer wants Xbox Game Studios to add a Japanese Developer

www.gamesindustry.biz

Phil Spencer: "It would be nice to buy a Japanese studio"

It was always destined to be Xbox's E3.Unimpeded by its biggest competitor for the first time in its history, Microsoft…

He continues: "I think it would be nice if we found an Asian studio, in particular a Japanese studio, to add [to our studios]. I liked it when we had some first-party capability in Japan. We have a small team there, but I think we can do more. That said, through our trips to Japan, I love having Phantasy Star back on our stage with Sega -- I thought that was fantastic. Miyazaki-San, before with Dark Souls and now having Elden Ring on our stage... the Japanese creators have shown up more and more."

InfinityDOK

Dec 3, 2018
On a different note: now that the all-digital Xbox is out and E3 is here, Microsoft still haven't talked about the rumored disc-to-digital program that Windows Central revealed last year. Anybody knows what happened to that? To make proper use of xCloud and to make an all-digital reality feasible while also maintaining backwards compatibility like they confirmed, this plan needs to happen sooner rather than later.
The plan was to get into other stores. Like GameStop and Walmarts. The problem was probably no retailer wanted to do it.

www.gamesindustry.biz

It was always destined to be Xbox's E3.Unimpeded by its biggest competitor for the first time in its history, Microsoft…
Japanese Studio confirmed /s. I think it would be a good idea to build a first party studios organization there.

Deleted member 53021

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 3, 2019

TiagoCosta

User requested ban
Banned
Aug 3, 2018
I think seeing jp games on pc game pass that aren't on xbox at all is a big kick in the gut for xbox owners, like we keep asking for more jp support.. and they instead go and support pc. thanks for nothing, I don't have a pc, nor do I want one.

Oct 31, 2017
Paris, France
I was so, so pissed off after the conference. But now that I have cooled down, the more I think about it the more I found it to be pretty solid and showing a stronger than before Microsoft instead of a "we are so behind, we're going all out please notice!". Future is bright.

Deleted member 53021

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 3, 2019

www.gamesindustry.biz

the article also says "There is no acquisition quota for Spencer and his team to hit. Instead, the aim is to find developers that can add something different for Game Pass. " so folks we might be in for a long ride....it could be 30by2022...interesting

SpinierBlakeD

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2018
I hope Rod changes the roadmap and reveal the campaign on august and save horde mode for september. If I remember well, horde was the last thing they showed for Gears 4.
Maybe if we complain enough they'll release campaign footage. Kind of like what happened last year with Cyberpunk. Not showing anything campaign related until a week before launch is a huge red flag.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Shinobi didn't kid around after all. And to be fair, a new Banjo game speculation all started with us, nobody else. If only MS had announced a proper new Banjo game though, maybe someday.....

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
Yeah yeah yeah, Banjo is in Smash, whatever who cares. Can we talk about Minecraft Dungeons coming to Switch? With basically no fanfare.

In Amber Clad

rather sultry
Aug 26, 2018
London
We just got the thre games X enhanced... and Threeie is probably a done deal at this point.

Sure, but that's not a 'new' thing.

Honestly, I'm not upset, it was a tongue-in-cheek post as I genuinely thought it was funny. And it was a nice reveal for Smash (even if I don't care one jot about that game, I'm happy for those that do).

Do I think we'll ever get a new Banjo game? No idea, honestly. But I'm not going to get my hopes up like many others do every year. If it comes, great! If not, eh. Plenty else to play.

darthpaxton

Jun 20, 2018
If Microsoft doesn't announce a new Banjo game in the next twelve months, I will be very disappointed. Why should I have to go to another platform to play as a character I love that Xbox has complete control over?

Don't get me wrong. I obviously think it was the right move for Microsoft to allow Nintendo to use Banjo, but I was really hoping that if they did it we'd get a supplemental announcement for a new Banjo game. Microsoft isn't stupid. They knew this was coming and should have/should be working on a new game.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
escape will probably need to be molded into a mode like how zombies are with COD, eventually.

just escaping wont be enough for people in the long run imo. They're going to need some objectives, easter eggs, and etc. hopefully its more than escape and a map editor to create your own version your friends will try,

for gears, im all about the single player, but lets see how this goes.

tanky

Banned
Apr 2, 2019

www.gamesindustry.biz

White Owl would be a good acquisition. The studio is headed by Swery65 who is also on very friendly terms with Phil. Their current game is also being led by the Phantom Dust creator. They've released The Missing last year and plan to release The Good Life in 2019.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
They have to do a Crash/Spiro like remake now... right!?

Shinobi I should have never doubted you!!

ImaginaShawn

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm pretty sure some insider (Shinobi?) hinted that we are getting both a Banjo 1+2 remake and threeie. To me this Smash need plus the x enhanced stuff guarantees it.

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If Microsoft doesn't announce a new Banjo game in the next twelve months, I will be very disappointed. Why should I have to go to another platform to play as a character I love that Xbox has complete control over?

Don't get me wrong. I obviously think it was the right move for Microsoft to allow Nintendo to use Banjo, but I was really hoping that if they did it we'd get a supplemental announcement for a new Banjo game. Microsoft isn't stupid. They knew this was coming and should have/should be working on a new game.

The design of the B-K characters are all SO FRICKIN BEAUTIFUL. I need Banjo Threeie

Status
Not open for further replies.