• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
You know who's be a good dev to do a Perfect Dark game?

Otherside Entertainment, the Paul Neurath + Warren Spector studio.

With Underworld Ascendant bombing and Starbreeze backing out of the System Shock 3 publishing deal, I can see them looking for a financial sponsor.

And having the creator of Deus Ex given Microsoft's resources to do a new Perfect Dark would be pretty epic.

I could see MS low key acquiring them at some point, if not at E3 later down the line, I also imagine now that MS is revamping the PC store as well as porting to Steam being acquired by MS is a lot more desirable knowing that you're game will still reach a lot of people.

solis74

Banned
Jun 11, 2018
OMG haha

l0d8b98eug131.jpg

lmao

JayWood2010

Oct 27, 2017
So I was playing Outer Wilds last night, and its exceptional. It's beautiful, mysterious, and the writing is so full of charm. Just one last developer i wanted to bring up before E3, but Mobius would be an excellent pickup for Xbox.

Mobius and A44.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Really curious how that Garrison app will work. Like its overlay of gamepass games and it just downloads the game from wich store its on?
Because if Bethesda is in. You for example click Doom in the Gamepass app and it will download from the Bethesda store only you wont see it like that?

Dec 21, 2018
I agree with some points you made. MS definitely places way too much emphasis on multiplayer games. Esspecially now that they're all "we want to cater to everyone" okay, then cater to the single player purists too. I do love me some Sony exclusives. But I disagree about insinuating that them opening up their games to PC, Steam and... Pretty much everything not named PlayStation is a bad thing. It just makes things easier and more convenient for the gamer.

I think with all the new studios, and especially with their Game Pass initiative, they will reach a good balance between single player games, and multiplayer games. With all the new studios there isn't a reason they can't cater and make a diverse range of games. I could very well be wrong, so I hope that this E3 confirms that they are willing to invest in making those blockbuster single player games. I mean it isn't like they can get worse on the single player front.

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Sydle

Oct 27, 2017
I do agree that Killer Instinct is a fantastic game but it still really sucks that EVO shuns the game.I think there is a time for a new Killer Instinct but I don't think they are ready for it yet.

I think it struggled in the esports community for a few reasons, including:
  • It disappeared as a franchise for 17 years and had been known as a button masher
  • Was made by a developer with no track record for making a fighting game
  • Launched with a very light roster, with no committed plan to grow it (each season was up in the air based on prior season performance, leaving pros wondering if they should invest their time)
  • Changed mechanics, sometimes significantly for each season, frustrating players that had to re-learn their characters and re-learn matchups
  • Little to no support from MS to grow the pro scene
  • Launched with a console that had a bad rep that took years to overcome, with slow sales globally as a result, whereas the competing console sold like hotcakes

Contrast the above with the games that do make EVO excited. SF came out with 16 characters vs KI's six, had a five year plan from the start, kept the mechanics stable so pros could keep getting better, put major cash prizes behind tournaments, etc. The games that do well at EVO are the ones that built reputation and communities over generations.

If MS wants KI to be a major player in the esports scene then they need to treat KI like a major player. They already did a good job overcoming the perception it's a button masher. They had a great EVO turnout for season 2 with very exciting matchups. Give it one entry per gen, committed 3-5 year plan, put some good effort into the esports scene, keep the mechanics consistent so pros don't get frustrated and discouraged from investing their time, etc.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Really curious how that Garrison app will work. Like its overlay of gamepass games and it just downloads the game from wich store its on?
Because if Bethesda is in. You for example click Doom in the Gamepass app and it will download from the Bethesda store only you wont see it like that?

Maybe login to your Microsoft, Steam, Bethesda accounts in the Garrison app then it shows what games are available and they're downloaded and installed through the Garrison app?

SoLDieN

Jan 17, 2018
España
It would be fine a "Change " in the Achievement system. I like the way Sony does. Separating the DLC and a platinum system by completing 100% the game

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm extremely disappointing with the quality control on State of Decay 2. Artistic direction was uninspiring, the characters had no character to them and the gameplay loop gets boring after about 6 hours, I never finished it and if I paid $40 for it I'm sure I would've been even more disappointed (Dead Rising 1 was a million times more fun than State of Decay 2 and that came out in 2005). Undead Labs needs to really up their game if they want people to care about a State of Decay 3, I heard the first State of Decay was pretty good and I tried a bit of it before state of decay 2 released via gamepass and I enjoyed it for what it was, a remaster of an Xbox live arcade zombie game.

The stakes for State of Decay 2 were much higher and it felt like a copy paste job without soul. For people who have stuck with State of Decay 2 what makes it stick with you?

It's a simulation game. The characters have personalities but it's in their character rolls and quirks like someone having +1 to fighting becuase they're a martial arts movie fan.

It doesn't add much compared to the first game but it's still wholly unique within the zombie game genre.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
So PC gamepass comes in some sort of app. Its like a overlay of all PC gamepass games and you can download all of them from there for a easy way even if it probably downloads from a different server where the game is on. Like Steam, Bethesda etc.

Then you have first party releases wich will offcourse be on PC gamepass also. Next to a full release on Steam day one and the MS store. Wich makes you think why would you download from the MS store instead of Steam. Play Anywhere is the answer. You technically will get two copies there wich is still a incentive to get it there instead of Steam for some people. Then there is price. Usually Steam games are lower price. Wich probably will be the case also with first party games. I see the MS store having the console price because you get two copies in the end. Wich then can be explained why it is abit higher priced then the steam version.

So looks like Halo Spartan Strike and Spartan Assault are playable on PC if you have the Ultimate Game Pass sub and are in Alpha Ring

Gears 1 ultimate also. I already downloaded it.

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
So PC gamepass comes in some sort of app. Its like a overlay of all PC gamepass games and you can download all of them from there for a easy way even if it probably downloads from a different server where the game is on. Like Steam, Bethesda etc.

Then you have first party releases wich will offcourse be on PC gamepass also. Next to a full release on Steam day one and the MS store. Wich makes you think why would you download from the MS store instead of Steam. Play Anywhere is the answer. You technically will get two copies there wich is still a incentive to get it there instead of Steam for some people. Then there is price. Usually Steam games are lower price. Wich probably will be the case also with first party games. I see the MS store having the console price because you get two copies in the end. Wich then can be explained why it is abit higher priced then the steam version.

Gears 1 ultimate also. I already downloaded it.
Lots of Play Anywhere titles also (as expected)

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
FH4 is a gold mine. That game already did good on the MS store. There is real thirst on the PC side of things for a good arcade racer.

Judge

Oct 25, 2017
Games I've seen so far:

Zoo Tycoon
Gears Ultimate
Halo Spartan Assault
Halo Spartan Strike
Ark
Hello Neighbor

Saci do PXB

Nov 12, 2017

This part (Garrison) made me think that there's some big info about Xbox and PC we still don't know about. They plan to show us more details about PC Game Pass on E3, so I bet this big info will appear on stage.

Dec 21, 2018
1- Fable
2- Halo Infinite
3- Gears 5
4- Perfect Dark teaser
5- SoT DLC
6- FH4 Expansion
7- Battletoads
8- Gears Tactics
9- Ninja Theory game
10- The Outer Worlds
11-Game Pass the game
12-Wasteland 3
13-Wasteland 1 Remaster
14-New Rare game

Aug 26, 2018
1- Fable
2- Halo Infinite
3- Gears 5
4- Perfect Dark teaser
5- SoT DLC
6- FH4 Expansion
7- Battletoads
8- Gears Tactics
9- Ninja Theory game
10- The Outer Worlds
11-Game Pass the game
12-Wasteland 3
13-Wasteland 1 Remaster
14-New Rare game

I would replace Perfect Dark and New Rare Game with Minecraft Dungeons and We Happy Few DLC.

If your list is correct, thats gonna be epic though.

peter42O

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 21, 2019
I know that basically everyone outside of Playground and Microsoft have confirmed that their action RPG is a reboot of Fable but screw it, im going in the opposite direction and say that it's NOT Fable and instead is a brand new sci-fi action RPG IP. I know that im probably wrong to the extreme but that's what makes the prediction fun.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
It makes me sad that I missed the chance to combine my Gamepass and Gold into Ultimate.

I think the fact that it was tested at all for Insiders means it will be available to everyone when it goes live to everyone. I believe the insider benefit was the $1 a month price for Ultimate until it launches to everyone.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
I feel like you do not understand how important gaming is to Microsoft now. Let us not argue you will realize soon enough

Gaming is important to Microsoft yeah, a lot more important than it was. And things like X-Cloud are gonna be huge because they also aid in the cloud services initiative, which is probably the biggest part of Microsofts strategy.

But everything has to be put in to perspective, intelligent cloud services alone made about 90% of what personal computing (which includes gaming, search and surface) made at the beginning of the year.

I'm not saying Xbox has the same funding level as Sony, they probably have more, but they don't have the entire cash reserve of Microsoft at their finger tips either.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
Gaming is important to Microsoft yeah, a lot more important than it was. And things like X-Cloud are gonna be huge because they also aid in the cloud services initiative, which is probably the biggest part of Microsofts strategy.

But everything has to be put in to perspective, intelligent cloud services alone made about 90% of what personal computing (which includes gaming, search and surface) made at the beginning of the year.

I'm not saying Xbox has the same funding level as Sony, they probably have more, but they don't have the entire cash reserve of Microsoft at their finger tips either.

sounds like you just want to be pessimistic to be pessimistic. thanks for showing me the wey

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Microsoft already made my month by saying Age of Empires DE games are coming to Steam. AoE II HD is my most played steam game by a wide margin (over 1000 hours spent on in-game and user-made campaigns), I own all 3 expansions that Forgotten Realms made, and I'm stoked to play AoE II DE where I'll FINALLY be able to use the multiple cores of my AMD FX 8350.

I'm curious about Gears, but I'll wait to see they bring Marcus Felix collection to Steam after the MCC.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
sounds like you just want to be pessimistic to be pessimistic. thanks for showing me the wey

I'm not being pessimistic? I'm being realistic. Saying Xbox has the full confidence of Microsoft is one thing, and I totally agree with that. They've got billions of dollars at their disposal and if Phil thinks something needs to happen then they'll make it happen. Within reason.

And this isn't just Xbox, this is Google and Amazons initiatives too. Having full confidence is one thing, but being able to spend 60 billion dollars on an acquisition is another. That's all I'm saying, "full support" does not equate to "access to the entire company war chest".

Does Xbox, Amazon gaming and Google Gaming have more money than Playstation? Probably. Do they each have access to the entire cash reserves of their parent company? Almost certainly not.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/1134494228325601280?s=21

Pretty cool pin. I shouldn't have looked at the comments though. Smh.

Do people not understand that this is like the most basic corporate position shared by literally any company that isnt openly homophobic? Do they honestly think this is just another console war thing and Sony is going to try and get good faith from True Gamers by marketing their console as being only for The Straights?

Judge

Oct 25, 2017
Zoo Tycoon and Ark are Play Anywhere games, so they are available on PC with game pass to everyone. Not sure about the others.
I am saying the CURRENTLY those are the only Play Anywhere titles that say "Play this title with Xbox Game Pass PC". Other game pass Play Anywhere titles currently do not have this branding.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
I'm extremely disappointing with the quality control on State of Decay 2. Artistic direction was uninspiring, the characters had no character to them and the gameplay loop gets boring after about 6 hours, I never finished it and if I paid $40 for it I'm sure I would've been even more disappointed (Dead Rising 1 was a million times more fun than State of Decay 2 and that came out in 2005). Undead Labs needs to really up their game if they want people to care about a State of Decay 3, I heard the first State of Decay was pretty good and I tried a bit of it before state of decay 2 released via gamepass and I enjoyed it for what it was, a remaster of an Xbox live arcade zombie game.

The stakes for State of Decay 2 were much higher and it felt like a copy paste job without soul. For people who have stuck with State of Decay 2 what makes it stick with you?

I agree, SoD 2 was a massive let down was expecting so much more. There's a good game in there somewhere, her's hoping 1P gives them them the push they need to make it great.

I know, I have it on Win 10 Store, but I'd rather have it on Steam.

Dude, you'd buy it again just so its sat in your Steam account? I'm curious how come, is it the accessibility and UI?

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
I am saying the CURRENTLY those are the only Play Anywhere titles that say "Play this title with Xbox Game Pass PC". Other game pass Play Anywhere titles currently do not have this branding.

Yeah I've noticed a lot of weird inconsistencies in that regard, like We Happy Few didn't have the branding but I was still able to play it on PC and cary my saves and all through Game Pass. I wonder if it was just never a priority to get that data sorted because they knew PC game pass was on the way.

Deleted member 18951

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think "Outer Worlds" is a new precedent that doesn't fit into this definition. The differentiator for the definition you saw was who owns the IP.
So AFAIK Outer Worlds in now a MS IP but funded and published by a 3rd party!

Outer Worlds is being made by Obsidian who are an Xbox Games Studio, hence the reason they can be included in the 14. I'm still not sure about Moon and Ori being included though.

Status
Not open for further replies.