• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
So... it's in this thread that the XSX price is revealed?

I am pretty confident that we will get the price in July. They need to start pre-orders soon and they need to have the final price known before they open up the pre-orders. They also need to plan out the allocation so they can confidently let each retailer know how many units they may be expecting, this way they don't "over sell" pre-orders.

Heretic

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
All aboard the Hype Infinity - Xbox 20/20?
Let's go!

uCv0eNn.jpg
One ticket, please.

RavenH2

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
I am pretty confident that we will get the price in July. They need to start pre-orders soon and they need to have the final price known before they open up the pre-orders. They also need to plan out the allocation so they can confidently let each retailer know how many units they may be expecting, this way they don't "over sell" pre-orders.

Lets hope so!

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Yes, but will this OT last until July? That is the question.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure it will be many pages of impatience for July. Will be interesting to finally see the results of all the content investment. And Halo Infinite. But July feels like a long time away and June 4th is so soon.

This seems about right. They are moving independently of each other now. I'm one that will purchase both at launch so I'm hoping Sony does well with their exclusives because I want Microsoft to exceed what is being done or shown in June because I will ultimately view it as a baseline of what Microsoft will be or should be doing. They have the stronger hardware, Phil was allowed to buy all of these developers. Its go time for Microsoft and their studios in July.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
Brought to you by Aaron Greenberg
fKnFcdM.gif

On the plus side, the reactions to it alone are almost good enough to make up for it lmao

Let's go!

uCv0eNn.jpg
Ready to board captain! 🖖

SMDH at the thread title. Could it be any worse.
It could be "brought to you by Typhoon20" 👀 /s

Oh, please. Not this dumb shit again.
tenor.gif

Last edited:

Gif

Dec 20, 2019
Not a fan of the new title :(

didn't see a vote this time?

Hoping for awesome news in this OT though!

Tupper

Jul 15, 2019
I'm super disappointed in the OT title. Xbox Game Studios has so many cool games coming and the title doesn't highlight any of them. Makes me a sad Panda. :(

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Alright, speculation time:

--> Opening

--> Phil says he's excited for the Xbox Series X launch, and all the hard work the team has done. They've talked about the specs, the OS, etc etc. and now they want to show the games. So here we go...

--> Halo opening. Cinematic. Goes right into gameplay. We get 5 minutes or so of campaign footage. Cuts into a story trailer showing various levels, set pieces, etc. Cuts into a MP trailer with 343i voice over talking about design goals, BTB, scale, ray tracing etc. Finishes with showcase of the new forge. More information soon (Halo Waypoint blog post same day/week)

--> Phil comes back, says Series X will be able to play various backwards compatible games (announces new Xbox & 360 games), and enhancements for Xbox One games.

--> Proceeds to show Xbox One/Series X titles:

-----> Gears Tactics
-----> Flight Sim
-----> Psychonauts 2
-----> Battletoads
-----> Wasteland 3
-----> Grounded

-----> Every game will be there at launch, day 1 on Game Pass

---> Talks about partners, publishers, excited about Series X, games showcased are:
-----> Crossfire X (longer demo)
-----> Assassins Creed Valhalla (traditional launch type trailer)
-----> Cyberpunk trailer
-----> Elden Ring trailer
-----> New WB game trailer
-----> Cuphead 2 trailer
-----> Age of Empires 4 trailer, announce PC first in late 2021 & Xbox later

---> Phil comes back, says great first person teams are working on content:
-----> Everwild gameplay
-----> Perfect Dark announcement + teaser
-----> Hellblade 2 trailer
-----> Project Mara trailer
-----> New Obsidian Project teased
-----> Forza Motorsport trailer talking about new tech, ray tracing, etc.
-----> Finish it with Fable announcement & gameplay trailer

---> Again, every game day 1 on Game Pass, and talks about more information soon and ends the show.

Let's go!

uCv0eNn.jpg

Drop me in!

darthpaxton

Jun 20, 2018
What, did something wrong happen last time?
It just completely derails the thread when everyone comments on it and asks questions and points out their picture. I think the hype train is fun, but if you want to do it, create a thread in Gaming Hangouts and don't derail the only dedicated Xbox thread on this site with a Photoshop collage.

OP
OP
Figments

Figments

Spencer’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
California
Kinda have to agree with this:

It just completely derails the thread when everyone comments on it and asks questions and points out their picture. I think the hype train is fun, but if you want to do it, create a thread in Gaming Hangouts and don't derail the only dedicated Xbox thread on this site with a Photoshop collage.

Ishmae1

Creative Director, Microsoft
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
I work at Microsoft and even that doesn't help me get the joke with this OTs title.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But new OT woo!

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
yeah no effort went into this OT, copy paste. perhaps OP is tired of making the XGS thread? the title is the most telling thing about the creation. its funny for those who make fun of xbox, but that's it.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
I say that we all rise up and demand an OT thread title change, as it seems that pretty much everyone including me thinks it is terrible. Those of us that frequent and enjoy this thread shouldn't have to dodge a pathetic embarrassing thread title like that. Power to the people :)

ez123

Feb 18, 2020
I honestly thought this title was going to have a Playstation reference so whatever. Don't know why this terrible one is getting more shit than the last extremely terrible one. It's an improvement at least.

coma

Oct 28, 2017
I say that we all rise up and demand an OT thread title change, as it seems that pretty much everyone including me thinks it is terrible. Those of us that frequent and enjoy this thread shouldn't have to dodge a pathetic embarrassing thread title like that. Power to the people :)
Backed.

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
I honestly thought this title was going to have a Playstation reference so whatever. Don't know why this terrible one is getting more shit than the last extremely terrible one. It's an improvement at least.

I like Aaron's enthusiasm, but he isn't the head of Xbox or anything and is the topic of toxic discussion when his name is raised too often. We are nearing a July E3 replacement for Xbox first party going into a next generation, surely we can do better than that.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

Its time

|OT IX| The Great Journey

H3_Truth_rings.jpg

Someone photoshop a picture of phil

Status
Not open for further replies.