• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I could only hope so, only time I enjoy third person is when combat is heavily melee focused. As much fun as outriders was, as well as being a pleasant surprise to the Gamepass roster as a third party title, the gun play was pretty bad.

I don't want them chasing third person trends
This is insinuating all the third person games they would make are shooters. Platformers, adventure, and rpgs should be on the table.

Titania

Top Shelf Member
May 12, 2021

vUMj5Zr.jpg

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
TBH even if that Dead Island trailer was real I wouldn't want it. Super cheesy.

Besides, only thing I want out of Deep Silver is more Saint's Row. Get the fuck on it.

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
Pub, England match, Halo Infinite, Starfield and Omen.

What a wonderful time to be alive. Enjoy it all.

InfinityDOK

Dec 3, 2018
I am hoping we have a good show just wish we will see something that was announced last year here but doesn't look like that will happen. Anyway excited for FH5 and see what's up these new games that are being announced.

Classybro

Oct 27, 2017
It's incredibly funny to have Jeff Grubb literally come in and tell everyone exactly what's going to be shown and then within the same page have people quoting some random list and going, "Huh, maybe should have spoilered this???"

Jeff Grubb is NEVER exactly right 50% of his content is why he was wrong or how he's not completely wrong.

Jun 2, 2019
Knowing that Avowed most likely won't be there I will mainly watch the event because of Starfield, but I'm actually hyped for Omen. I really need a good AAA vampire game, especially after the VTM: B2 disaster, so at long as it doesn't suck (pun intended) or they don't turn it into a freaking battle royal, I will be happy.

LaytonWright

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
E3 2021 Youtube just leaked one of the MS Trailers its out there
dead island 2 starring jack black out 2021

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Rumored to be the next game by Arcane from the team that made Prey. A vampire game of sorts.
Ohhh I heard Arthur Geis mention that on Rebel FM yesterday but didn't catch the name. He's hopeful that can be the vampire game that takes the place of Bloodlines 2 since that doesn't seem like it's happening anymore maybe.

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
Friendly reminder that we don't know for sure that Arkane Austin is working on a vampire game. While I personally think that it's correct, the source of that rumor is an unverified resetera user Point. He does seem legit, but as far as I know, he's the one who said it's a vampire game, and his information was copied to reddit and then every "insider" out there repeated that like it's a fact.

And if Point was correct, then Omen is supposed to be a 2022 game.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017

Ahh, Halo 2 memories..

It's incredibly funny to have Jeff Grubb literally come in and tell everyone exactly what's going to be shown and then within the same page have people quoting some random list and going, "Huh, maybe should have spoilered this???"

I find it much more interesting that gaming culture is at the point where, when a company wants to show ads for it's upcoming products, people consider it something that can be spoiled. They're litterally holding a 90 minute ad session of games they want to sell to us, but it's treated like something with a narrative structure, where knowing about what's to come, will interfere with the experience.

In general it's a shame there's so little research into the specific subsets of gaming culture, whether it's the old school demo scenes, the life in and around arcades or something like this, where conferences evolve from something being directed at retailers and later the press, before almost taking on a life on their own, becoming these large show performances where we're on the edge of our seats to get the inside scoop through a leak or perhaps even fearful of something being spoiled.

Oh well, just a stray thought about how gaming culture feels understudied. It's certainly fun to be a part of regardless :)

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
heard that if those two spaces in the bottom remain empty when the show start spencer is pulling out all the big names out of spite

so you better call your friends and tell them to register on resetera just to say they want to be part of it

Shirkelton

Aug 20, 2020
I find it much more interesting that gaming culture is at the point where, when a company wants to show ads for it's upcoming products, people consider it something that can be spoiled.

I agree, but also I think this is a lot broader than gaming culture at this point, you seem the same things in Marvel movie fandom and similar, it's bizzare.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I really want to get a Series X but I'm hoping to see a special edition console for Halo Infinite or something.

TheBeev

Sep 12, 2020
If they do show a Halo MP match today, it would be great if they showed it from multiple player perspectives, but the trick is that each change of player shows them playing on a different system. So one player would be on an Xbox One, another on a Series X/S, one on PC and then of course some playing via cloud on different devices. This is the first time Halo is launching simultaneously on so many different platforms, so it would be great to,show them all off. I doubt this would happen but I think it would be a good way of showing their vision going forwards and ties in with the statements from Phil and Nadela from a few days ago.

Then to top it all off, they announce that Halo Infinite via Cloud will run exclusively on the new Series X server blades, so no mater what system you choose, you can always play it at its best (apart from super high end PCs of course).

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
So, basically 0% chance of a stealth drop of Flight Simulator today, eh?

No "Oh, and more thing... it's playable right NOW."

They haven't done the obligatory cringe tweet of, "Melissa doesn't want us to tell you about [REDACTED] releasing after the conference today!"

Sep 7, 2020
Everyone, today is the day we see a snippet into the future of Xbox. I know all of us are excited and we all have different things that we hope to see, are excited to see, and maybe even expect to see. However, please try and remain level haded going in and remember that we truly won't see some of these games release until 2023 which sucks but we all want high quality great games. If you go in expecting very little then it will be hard to be disappointed. I just have this sneaking suspicion that at 3:30-4:00 pm Est, this place and the entire Resetera forums will consist of "Xbox was so disappointing", "I can't believe this was all they had to show", "What is Xbox doing?".

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
This is insinuating all the third person games they would make are shooters. Platformers, adventure, and rpgs should be on the table.
Well yeah, if they aren't shooters go for it.
platformers I don't care about but I know there is still an audience out there.

Like if they go third person I want something Ninja Gaiden Black equivalent not Super Luckys Tale.

Status
Not open for further replies.