• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gifyku

Aug 17, 2020
Gamepass won the Summer games fest show, and will win again on Sunday at the Xbox show.

What a service!

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
None of the "big" games (Gotham, Saints Row, Soul Hackers, Midnight Suns) were announced for GP. But on the other hand, you wouldn't expect those deals to happen until close to release. Still a chance. We'll see.

Black Mantis

Oct 30, 2017
None of the "big" games (Gotham, Saints Row, Soul Hackers, Midnight Suns) were announced for GP. But on the other hand, you wouldn't expect those deals to happen until close to release. Still a chance. We'll see.

I hope they go for Midnight Suns, looks interesting, but I wouldn't spend my cash on it until it hits €15.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I hope they go for Midnight Suns, looks interesting, but I wouldn't spend my cash on it until it hits €15.

it had no gamepass logo in the new trailer. In fact, all the "big third party games" didnt. Midnight Suns, Gothan Knights, Soul Hackers, Saints Row, Callisto

nothing at Devolver had the gamepass logo either (for now) :(

Last edited:

ForthU

Oct 27, 2017
Did the 1€ offer disappear? It appeared around 10 days ago on two accounts, but today they both show the 12,99€ price when I go on the store page

Ultron

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Having both Project Wingman and Chorus available is really sating my fighter pilot feelings after seeing Top Gun. Both seem quite fun, if not a little rough.

Getting past the first hour or so of Chorus to where you start getting your "powers" really helped to show me the potential of it.

CubeApple76

Jan 20, 2021
Having both Project Wingman and Chorus available is really sating my fighter pilot feelings after seeing Top Gun. Both seem quite fun, if not a little rough.

Getting past the first hour or so of Chorus to where you start getting your "powers" really helped to show me the potential of it.
Really enjoyed project wingman post top-gun viewing, though I'll be honest I was tempted to get Ace Combat

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020

Outside one of the GTA remasters, there hasn't been any 2K games to launch day 1 on Game Pass. Borderlands 3 still hasn't been on Game Pass like 3 years after launch or whatever. It's probably going to be a long while

Ultron

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Really enjoyed project wingman post top-gun viewing, though I'll be honest I was tempted to get Ace Combat

Ace Combat 7 is really amazing, so I'd of course recommend it highly as well! Wingman does an extremely impressive job of being an indie version of it, but Ace Combat does shine in a lot of ways that Wingman probably couldn't just due to budget/team size. Especially the graphics where they do an absolutely incredible job of rendering weather and the terrain in Ace Combat.

I do like that Wingman seems to be going harder with crazy sci fi stuff, with lasers and railguns and airships showing up much more regularly than in AC7 and flying over giant lava fields just for the heck of it due to it's post apocalypse setting.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
i think they announce it on the xbox showcase, it coming out on the windows store is my biggest piece of evidence
Windows Store isn't a guarantee of a day one game pass release though it probably means it'll happen at some point. KOFXV releasing on the windows store is the most random release ever and would have made sense if it launched on game pass, but it didn't.

eek

Oct 26, 2017
Well I am really surprised by Chorus(ChorVus?), I havn't enjoyed a flying game since star fox 64 I think, and this one is an open world type one with quick missions that are bite size. It's fun and looks great. My flying kept improving as the missions continues. I'm just annoyed by the protagonist. I dislike her whispers to herself all the time. It would have worked better as a inner monologue.

Graphics are great, I have ray traced reflections set to medium and dlss on quality 1440p on a 2060. Couldn't find HDR settings though.
This game is pretty fun but I agree with you the whispers are weird. I'd get it if it happened seldomly but damn shes whispering non-stop after anyone says anything at all. Super annoying lol

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
Any idea how much longer the Walking Dead stuff could last? I have the definitive disc. But it I wanted to double dip I don't want to get cut off.

It's tricky. On one hand you have the 'new' Telltale Games that bought up the old Telltale and brought back the games. I'm sure they want all the money they can get after acquiring old Telltale's assets. On the other, I can imagine the Walking Dead games being pulled once Telltale's license expires, if it hasn't already. Or maybe the deal for bringing back the Walking Dead Telltale games is just a cut of the sales but no further seasons. I'm not sure but the duration of the license is something to consider.

IMO, I think it is here to stay for a good while. It's the perfect game pass game and I can't imagine the stakeholders for the game wanting to leave money on the table, especially while the Walking Dead show still lives. It's also a great way to upsell the Definitive Series 😁

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
Still quite early into CHORUS but the visuals are blowing me away. Worth playing for that alone, I reckon.

I whish I could because yeah it looks great and I played from the Cloud but man,I suck so much,brought the game down to easy but I could of fought a mission for 2 hours without killing the ennemies since I take almost no damage(that Raven dude)) lol,so this is not for me sadly.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone play Shadow of War recently? I played it when it came out and enjoyed it and I've been kinda having an itch to try it again, and I heard they removed all the stupid real life cash shop crap now and its better for it.

Is that true?

Bitterman

Nov 25, 2017
I whish I could because yeah it looks great and I played from the Cloud but man,I suck so much,brought the game down to easy but I could of fought a mission for 2 hours without killing the ennemies since I take almost no damage(that Raven dude)) lol,so this is not for me sadly.
I am dropping it man, game's kinda boring plus quite lengthy (almost 15 hours) and I am pretty sure I won't finish it lol (I am barely 2 hours in, I think). The environments are amazing but almost everything else I am finding below average to bad unfortunately.

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
Anyone play Shadow of War recently? I played it when it came out and enjoyed it and I've been kinda having an itch to try it again, and I heard they removed all the stupid real life cash shop crap now and its better for it.

Is that true?

I last played it like 3 years ago after they removed the microtransactions so I didn't really notice what was missing. If I had to guess where they could've made sense, it's probably near the end(game) where things get grindy and a bit tougher as you keep trying to capture more and more fortresses. I think the game was rebalanced a bit after the microtransactions were removed so it was maybe a lot tougher before. I can't imagine how it would've been if they hadn't removed the microtransactions because the end was already so tedious. 🤡

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
When I tried to play a gamepass game it said there were temporary issues with the service, but it gave me the option for offline mode and that seems to be working fine

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Have you understand what we're suppose to do in the "rare element" room ? I didn't understood this puzzle and don't find real answer on internet.

Hmm, I think you need to use boost to push the discs so they both bounce up

I might be thinking of a diff room

For rooms where you can get the timer to move, try spamming and killing clones, as they tend to lower the timer when summoned

AMD

Oct 27, 2017
Down for me in the UK. I can access a few things like Prime Video and (some) 360 era games but most things are unavailable. I've just found out that I haven't designated my Series X as my home console, so perhaps things might be a little better for those who have.

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
I started the Artful Escapse as a little palette cleanser. I was hoping it would be more straight gameplay like Sayonara Wild Hearts, but I think I'll give it a chance. It's a good looking game for sure.

macindc

Oct 27, 2017
It's tricky. On one hand you have the 'new' Telltale Games that bought up the old Telltale and brought back the games. I'm sure they want all the money they can get after acquiring old Telltale's assets. On the other, I can imagine the Walking Dead games being pulled once Telltale's license expires, if it hasn't already. Or maybe the deal for bringing back the Walking Dead Telltale games is just a cut of the sales but no further seasons. I'm not sure but the duration of the license is something to consider.

New Telltale actually no longer has rights to the Walking Dead games. Skybound Games assumed the rights for the whole series after Telltale folded. (Hence why Skybound published the Definitive Edition as well.)

Munroe

May 17, 2019
Just had an error pop up on my SX which I had never seen before; ran out of video memory, while playing Chorus. Back in the game but hope it doesn't happen again...

Edit: well that's twice now. If you're playing Chorus on Series X, avoid the Viper Clan nest area. It's crashed twice now for me in that area.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.