• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I got a MS Game Pass survey about The Outer Worlds in my email. Lots of questions about storyline, companions, gameplay, comparisons to AC Odyssey, Fallout 4 & 76. They let you give suggestions about future OW titles and DLC. I suggested a third person camera, more weapon variety, less static talking heads during dialogue, etc.

RossC

Oct 27, 2017
I've wanted to play the talos principle for years but I've never gotten around to it. Based on a few recent threads on here I decided to give it a try on Gamepass. I'm sure glad I did. The puzzles are really good but not crazy hard although I'm sure things will ramp up. I'm also really digging the serious metaphysical questions the game asks.

I keep meaning to try that - just a bit worried it ends up at a point where i'm having to Google all the puzzle solutions so hopefully it doesn't get too crazy.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
The Talos Principle was awesome even if I left it unfinished when I played on ps4. The Witness though, that's another story.

How is The Turing Test?

Wrellie

Oct 29, 2017
Pathologic 2 (and The Division) are downloading on Xbox One right now. (Whoops, was on wrong page of thread - disregard)

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
hi. Got two questions

-Witcher 3 is coming to game pass soon. I have the goty on disc so it's installed but check if disc is inserted. When game pass version will be available can I skip disc verification and have the dlc or no ?

-i downloaded pes2020. But can't download the digital bonus included in the standard package. Anyone did ?

thanks 🙏🏻

Saci do PXB

Nov 12, 2017
-Witcher 3 is coming to game pass soon. I have the goty on disc so it's installed but check if disc is inserted. When game pass version will be available can I skip disc verification and have the dlc or no ?
Not sure. The "Game Pass" logo should appear on the loading screen if your disc it's not on the tray. BUT, I heard the GOTY edition it's a different game, including incompatible save files. Not a common thing this gen.
Because the way they implemented the Goty Edition, this can block the way you could use the Game in a such a situation.
If the Goty edition had a standard game plus codes for the DLC, then you'll be fine. I wouldn't be surprised if you can't load the game without the Goty Edition disc.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
The Talos Principle was awesome even if I left it unfinished when I played on ps4. The Witness though, that's another story.

How is The Turing Test?
I remember Turing Test to be a more relaxing play than those other two and pretty enjoyable. It's worth playing if you like puzzlers and are all out of the few other better puzzlers to play.

The Talos Principle is one of my favorite games of all time, and is easily the best puzzler after the Portal games.

Agamon

Aug 1, 2019
I remember Turing Test to be a more relaxing play than those other two and pretty enjoyable. It's worth playing if you like puzzlers and are all out of the few other better puzzlers to play.

The Talos Principle is one of my favorite games of all time, and is easily the best puzzler after the Portal games.

Turing is more chill than Talos and Witness?? <keanu_whoa.gif>

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure. The "Game Pass" logo should appear on the loading screen if your disc it's not on the tray. BUT, I heard the GOTY edition it's a different game, including incompatible save files. Not a common thing this gen.
Because the way they implemented the Goty Edition, this can block the way you could use the Game in a such a situation.
If the Goty edition had a standard game plus codes for the DLC, then you'll be fine. I wouldn't be surprised if you can't load the game without the Goty Edition disc.
Right. If you're playing GOTY edition, your save and copy is NOT compatible with the vanilla non-DLC version of it.

So if GP gets the base game, you're not only looking at no save transfer, but also another download since they're different titles and different achievement sets.

Nov 14, 2017
Finished My Friend Pedro, it's a good game, probably give it a 7/10. Hotline Miami is still much better in this genre.

Started playing PES 20 as well, the gameplay and graphics are surprisingly good (coming from PES 19).

NightmareT

Banned
Aug 21, 2018
nFLIpUt.png

D-Soo

Nov 1, 2017
Hmm tried installing pathologic and planetfall on gamepass pc but i get an error after i select a drive. Is this happening to anyone else?

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
RIP to those who bought Plague Tale and Control on sale recently

Great additions to Game Pass

I got Control on BF and finished it last Sunday, no regrets, will keep my copy in case it gets out of the service before I get to play the expansions.

I'll play the shit out of RE2 and A Plague Tale on gamepass though!

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017
I might be wrong, but isnt that just the store? You are not on the game pass tab.

That Store banner just changed to Wargroove, Gears, and Outer Worlds on my app (saw the one with Plague Tale, Control, and RE2 for a second before it refreshed), and the actual sale page doesn't include them. Wouldn't exactly be shocked to see them added tonight.

Nov 29, 2019
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
What kind of difficulty are we talking about here?

I've only seen a few random screenshots, the art style got me interested so I downloaded it, but won't be able to play till tomorrow.

Difficult puzzles, combat, something else?

It's the survival mechanics. Pathologic is a survival sim game at it's core, and staying alive is very hard. You have to eat, drink, constantly check your body symptoms, keep your immunity and infection bars balanced.

Warning: even though you learn about this in the first 30 minutes, it can be considered spoiler.

It also has a deadline, like the first Dead Rising. You have 12 days to help the City, and in fact, time is your worst enemy here. You don't have a Quest Journal to keep up with everything, what you have is "Thoughts". "Thoughts" are vague hints about stuff you can investigate, and those investigation can change the outcome and fate of the city, it's characters and the main cast.

When you start the game, you have 3 Difficulty options to choose: Medium, Hard and Very Hard. The default option is Very Hard, and if you choose any of the other options, the game makes clear that you aren't playing it the way it was intended to.

Pathologic 2 is amazing, I'm loving the experience. It's full of metaphors, symbolisms and crazy stuff, but definitely isn't friendly to newcomers...

EDIT: Damn, I was so hyped for Control, not so much about RE2, cuz I've bought yesterday lol

Last edited:

Chick3n

Nov 6, 2018
Yeah, it's the store tab in the picture. Plus there is a Game Awards sale going on ATM with those games in it.

False alarm.
I don't think those games are available on the PC MS store so they shouldn't be advertised there? It's either an Xbox sales ad that accidentally showed up for PC or a sign that they're coming to game pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.