• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fachasaurus

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe not the most approproiate place to ask, but I just started watching E3 stuff and I was wondering if my un-redeemed codes from the old Xbox Gamepass would work for PC?

Anyone know by chance?

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
Don't forget if you're in ultimate and only had regular game pass before, you know get games with gold free. Portal and a golf
Game are up for download now.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's a lot of games.

MS has been advertising over 100 games on xbox, but the list has been over 200 for quite some time lol

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
Best value in gaming by far, and it's only going to get better given the expansion of Microsoft's first party studios.

ChillWinston

Oct 27, 2017
They're doing something right. I was perfectly happy with my PS4 but I still picked up an Xbox One S recently pretty much exclusively for Game Pass. I haven't bought a game since buying the console, just been working my way through the game pass library. I have a list of about 15 games I want to play (and it keeps getting bigger!) Other than Cyberpunk and Last of Us 2 I can't see myself buying many more games this gen, game pass has me covered.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Maybe not the most approproiate place to ask, but I just started watching E3 stuff and I was wondering if my un-redeemed codes from the old Xbox Gamepass would work for PC?

Anyone know by chance?

You can redeem them in the regular Microsoft Store on Windows 10. After that, upgrade to Game Pass Ultimate.

Don't know if these code have an expiration date and if they can be bundled tho.

TYRANITARR

Oct 28, 2017
Now... Once XCloud gets going, if I could just stream that entire library to my PC without needing to own an Xbox ...

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron
I now have 3 years of Game Pass Ultimate.

My best buddy now has 3 years of Game Pass Ultimate.

We're super looking forward to 3 years of having all the same games in our libraries (via Game Pass and Games with Gold) for plenty of co-op and muliplayer gaming, with all the new MS releases included.

When they add streaming, it'll be even better as we'll be able to try games before we download them.

Just insanely good value!

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
Last night was the first night I could sit down and game all week. Did a Game Pass binge session. Couple games I uninstalled quickly. Couple games were addictive little niche games I left in my rotation. Think I discovered one of my favorite games of the gen in Metro...which I would've never purchased based on the trailers.

It's not just the value. I'll pay a lot for my gaming hobby. It's the discovery. Finding games and developers you never would've considered because there's 0 risk. Its also the community...built in millions of gamers to share feedback of a curated list with.

It would've cost me about $150 dollars to try out all the stuff I played yesterday. Most of it was newer. Instead no risk.

To me, it's the best platform exclusive in gaming.

tanky

Banned
Apr 2, 2019
Whatever Microsoft's launch lineup for Scarlett looks like, their megaton is the ability to sell people on the fact that several new exclusives will only cost them $10.

Naru

May 11, 2019
They really need to up the game count for PC when they increase the price to $9.99. You can't have twice the amount of games for the same price (imho).

ThatsMyTrunks

Mokuzai Studio
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
San Antonio, TX
I maintain that GamePass is the best deal in Gaming. If you play on XBox AND PC, then GamePass Ultimate is by extension the other best deal in gaming.

TeHi & BuSp

Banned
Sep 28, 2018
Man, forza horizon 4 is simply neat and charming. what absolute masterpiece that alone is worth the price of the subscription

tatotiburon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Killa
crazy to think that when xbox one launched 6 years ago i only had to play killer instinct, ryse and forza, now when i get a brand new scarlett i will have more than 300 games ready to go....i hope that i can transfer my games to scarlett using a external HD

Lupic

Dec 31, 2017
United Kingdom
Been on the fence about getting an S for awhile now.. jumped the gun and got an X earlier bundled with 3 months of Gold & Game pass that'll be here tomorrow. Can't wait.

Oct 27, 2017
Crazy to think that i will be playing Gears 5, Ori 2 and Halo Infinite for... 1 euro (ultimate Gamepass deal, extending the Gold i have until 7/2021).

Crazy!

XVerdena

Oct 28, 2017
And it's only going to be better. This fall we get Blair Witch, Gears 5 and The Outer Worlds at day one, can't wait.

Apr 4, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Don't forget that Gamepass also turns any two PCs, Xboxs, or any combination of the above, into the greatest local co-op situation you can find anywhere.

After gamepass has been activated on all yours PCs and up to two Xboxs, just login to each of them with different gamertags, and play online co-op.

I've been playing co-op Sea of thieves with my wife off one Game Pass accpunt since launch, and it's been glorious. Forza, Gears 4, any MP game on gamepass with crossplay is amazing like this.

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Looks like they just added Prey on PC too. Don't think I saw it there yesterday at least.

AfropunkNyc

Nov 15, 2017
You do realize that brand new games are added all the time, right? Pretty much every month we get new releases.
I realize that but some of those games have future potential to appear in a bundles with steam keys. Also some of the exclusives are appearing on steam, also i cant use my steam controller on the win 10 store, which is my preferred controller to use for most games.

somethingisme

Oct 27, 2017
The amount of Indies on this service makes me feel like a sucker for paying $15-25 for these same games on the Switch's eshop.

Wargroove, Moonlighter, Momodora, Hollow Knight, The Messenger, etc....sheesh.

LQX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Anyone know by chance?
Yes, I redeemed my Game Pass cards then upgraded to Ultimate which covers both XBox and PC.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
It's the best service out there right now. So easy to do co-op because everyone has access to the same library and in a way it's brought back demos in the best way possible.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What exactly do you need to play Game Pass games on PC? Does it require a separate launcher, or can the games be shortcut into Steam?

I'm noticing a couple of titles that aren't available on console (The Messenger) and wouldn't mind trying them out with a controller on PC.

Fachasaurus

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, I redeemed my Game Pass cards then upgraded to Ultimate which covers both XBox and PC.

Okay great, thank you! But what if I don't want Ultimate and just want PC Gamepass. I have no need for Xbox or Live anymore since I got rid of my 1X.

Could I use those redemption codes for just PC Gamepass?

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019

Anyone know by chance?
Chances are it's a console code. You could redeem it if it hasn't expired and then upgrade to ultimate for $1 and that way you will have matching PC gamepass.

It needs to be turned ultimate. You can just change from console sub to PC sub

LQX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Okay great, thank you! But what if I don't want Ultimate and just want PC Gamepass. I have no need for Xbox or Live anymore since I got rid of my 1X.

Could I use those redemption codes for just PC Gamepass?

Yes, you can use your redemption codes for PC Game Pass but to do so you need to then upgrade to Ultimate for $1. Ultimate is all the services combined. If you just want to use PC Game Pass then use only that portion of Ultimate though I would still claim the monthly Gold games in case you someday buy another XBox console.

So redeem your codes and any other memberships to extend your membership, then go to XBox.com then upgrade for $1 so your redemption codes can then be used for Game Pass PC. Got it?

This video should explain it well if you do not get what I'm saying....

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
It's the best service out there right now. So easy to do co-op because everyone has access to the same library and in a way it's brought back demos in the best way possible.

Yes. This is the biggest difference between buying a niche game and downloading a niche game in Game Pass. Even with games I already own, I get happy to see them added to Game Pass. Bigger community. Friends have access.

Fall Damage

Oct 31, 2017
Don't forget that Gamepass also turns any two PCs, Xboxs, or any combination of the above, into the greatest local co-op situation you can find anywhere.

After gamepass has been activated on all yours PCs and up to two Xboxs, just login to each of them with different gamertags, and play online co-op.

I've been playing co-op Sea of thieves with my wife off one Game Pass accpunt since launch, and it's been glorious. Forza, Gears 4, any MP game on gamepass with crossplay is amazing like this.

I have a PC, One X, and a wife... I need to try this.

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
Be careful out there. Played Vampyr on pc and it crashed on me. Seems like pc games are still super buggy.

lwkmd

Oct 29, 2017
i can't get over what an amazing deal it is. so many reasons already listed on here.

i've converted to ultimate for full 36 months so june 2022 all for 1 eur because i had a couple of years of gold and game pass separately now they've combined their length for the 36 max so actually even more value for me...

incredible

how on earth is this working from a financial or business pov for microsoft though?