• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
If Microsoft and Nintendo get buddy buddy, and this thing works on Switch as well, I'm probably in.

Kongroo

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Ottawa, Ontario, CA
It's more environmentally wasteful to have a controller that needs to be replaced in a few years due to diminishing power capacity or other battery failures, than it is to have a controller that you can use whatever rechargeable batteries you want with. It's the same reason I prefer headphones with replaceable cables to headphones you have to throw out/get replaced (aka they throw it out for you) if the cable starts to get pinched or fray.

I still have OG ps3 controllers that work just fine for 15+ hours. I charge them when I don't use them. 13 years and counting is bad now?

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
Internal battery is disappointing, I hope the Scarlett controllers don't go the same direction.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
What is going on with that release date? Nothing like waiting 6 months for a controller.

AimLow

Dec 10, 2017
I may jump in if and only if the reports of poor build quality of the first are actually confirmed as being fixed this time around. Almost got one until I read review after review of the original not holding up. For a $40 controller, whatever, but not if I'm shelling out a near-console price.

Bionic

Oct 27, 2017
I still have OG ps3 controllers that work just fine for 15+ hours. I charge them when I don't use them. 13 years and counting is bad now?
Nope, and I didn't say it's bad. I said diminished capacity or battery failures meaning a controller is broken prevents me from calling it environmentally friendly. It also prevents me from being interested in the controller when there are others that serve my needs and have replaceable batteries. Like the v1 pro controller, for instance.

rafiki

Alt account
Banned
May 18, 2019
I am going to get this with Halo 6. Will replace my first Elite controller that I got with Halo 5

Bosch

Banned
May 15, 2019
Can we expect Xbox next gen gamepad kind of have same layout of buttons than this one?

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
Internal battery makes $180 an even harder sell (I've swapped batteries on all my DS4s and I'm sure this is no harder, but I'd just rather not have to potentially deal with it someday lol), but I still might grab one of these. Got my hands on an original Elite recently and I've been itching to get one.

Last edited:

Lashes.541

Dec 18, 2017
Roseburg Oregon
Ughh I bought a white elite about three months ago to replace my black one that grips fell off of. Wish it was cheeper but the elite is my favorite controller of all time so I'm buying this one day one.

Ultimadrago

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Pre-ordered mine on Best Buy. Looking forward to version 2 of the best gaming controller!

Moai

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chile
My elite had the rubber peeling problem but i replace them with new part from aliexpress and now is good as new. Bummer that this one has internal battery. That sucks.

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
As a current owner of an Elite, this did look nice (Albeit not enough new features to warrant a new purchase), but holy hell at that price.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
180 dollar gamepad is a no from me dawg, sorry. I'm not that cheap but unless it dispenses Balvenie Doublewood on demand I'm not doing that. Money better spent on a VRR monitor or new GPU
On the other hand it's the same cost as a single bottle of Balvenie Doublewood 17 which is unlikely to last longer then maybe a week at my house :).

The gamepad is clearly the more frugal option! :)

I won't lie but with the new add-ons I will be sorely tempted come the holidays. Not sure if it will win over the Balvenie though :).

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Pre-ordered on Amazon. Love the first one and use it on PC for just about every game I play but I hope its different enough to justify the price. I might cancel depending on how I feel closer to launch.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
While I'm fairly sure it will, I feel like it would have done them a lot of good to explicitly say this controller will work on Scarlett. $180 for a controller for a console with a year left in it is insane.

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
sad to see that the paddles are still in the same spot. I don't want to accidentally press the paddles again. I already have 2 of the gen 1 ones, probably will pick up a gen 2 later down the line.

Deleted member 1238

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Internal battery sucks, but it's what the plebs who don't know any better kept shouting about so we got it. What a shame.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
While I'm fairly sure it will, I feel like it would have done them a lot of good to explicitly say this controller will work on Scarlett. $180 for a controller for a console with a year left in it is insane.

Gen 1's will also work with Scarlett. Actually sounds like all Xbone controllers will work with Scarlett.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
So much complaining about internal batteries. At least on Sony side, I've replaced internal batteries for PS3 and PS4 pads with no issues. You can get batteries pretty cheap on ebay usually (some judicial consideration should be taken not to get complete crap ones).

Doukou

Oct 25, 2017
Ew internal battery and that price. I'll probably stick with my Original Elite(though its starting to slowly age).

Waffle

Oct 28, 2017
Ugh. I was really happy that they've stuck with replaceable batteries til now. It's much easier to buy rechargeable AA's and have a container of charged batteries ready to use (which also can be used for remotes, keyboards, mouse, and etc) than having to either wire up the controller when it dies to continue playing or having to have a wire out charging it after every few sessions. Also really don't like having controller charging stations sitting out. It sucked when we threw a VR party and the party pretty much ended when the Vive controllers' batteries died after about 6 hours since you really can't play Beat Saber with it wired up.

Really wanted one with bluetooth to use with the AppleTV :(

Faithless

Oct 27, 2017
Internal battery (they like to offer options, why not let both options ?!) and rubber are really the worst.
Totally deal breaker for me.
So sad, everything else was awesome.

Deleted member 4413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Internal batteries kills this for me. User replaceable is always, 100% of the time better for controllers. Internal batteries means that early obsolescence is guaranteed.

Really sad to see them following Sony and Nintendo with this.

Edit: Glad to see a good amount of push for user replaceable batteries. Hopefully they release one that let's you swap them.

Rogue Kiwi

Chicken Chaser
Banned
May 5, 2019
I would be pretty surprised if they change the form factor of the controller for Scarlet. It's basically the perfect controller, I'm not sure what they can change unless they are going VR and need to put additional tech in it.

Fadewise

Nov 5, 2017
I would be pretty surprised if they change the form factor of the controller for Scarlet. It's basically the perfect controller, I'm not sure what they can change unless they are going VR and need to put additional tech in it.

I wouldn't be half surprised if this has a gyro in it that they won't enable until the next gen. that is the only reasonable thing I can see them adding, and if they do they'll get a lot of flack for not having it in the Elite.

Viken

Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm preordering, however I really hope it holds up better than the previous version. The grips must not fall off again.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully the build quality is better on this model, then the original version. Which if fucking awful.

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017
Not crazy about the battery change, but the Elite is the best controller I've ever owned, so I'm probably in on this. Still have a second, sealed v1 Elite as a backup, though.

Merc

Jun 10, 2018
The no-sweat grip around the controller feels really good. I tried it for the first time on a new XBO controller and I was impressed. It was really comfortable and I feel easy to grip.

Elixist

Oct 31, 2017

Gen 1's will also work with Scarlett. Actually sounds like all Xbone controllers will work with Scarlett.

this is so nice and pro consumer. was semi confirmed at the conference during the scarlet segment when they said accessories go forward(or something like that), its still cool to hear more confirmation. hope sony follows suit, i dig the ds4.

Status
Not open for further replies.