• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 41104

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Mar 15, 2018
How so? Again most in this thread do not even know what "Value" means.

You can literally buy a PS4 (Or PC or Switch) and you're all set...no lies detected. Value is different for everyone. I'd rather VR, PS now's library and VR with Sony's stellar first party , all are better value imo.

I mean...they only gave their opinion, like you gave yours. For some, the Xbox has the best value. For others, it's the PS4 or Switch or PC. Seems like you want to force your meaning of value to others, when in fact it's a personnal perception.

You're new here (assuming this isn't an alt...), and yet you spent the majority of your posts arguing with people because they don't « value » the same thing as you and in the Xplay thread arguing against those who calls out Sony for it.

Greatest Ever

Banned
Aug 25, 2018
For some people videogames shouldn't be as complicated as 'paying taxes, driving cars, having families'...

For some people videogames are like maintaining your own car - something to tweak, to 'work on' etc.

Different strokes for different folks. Different types of gaming are best for different people.
...And they're not? Did you even think before you wrote this response?

I'm literally saying you guys will do hundreds of things that are actually complicated every single day, but then when it comes to the hobby you post on a forum thousands of times on, suddenly something that is relatively much, much, much more simple like building a PC is hard. Different strokes yes, but it's a bad way of saying "I don't want to." Don't make up stuff for the sake of a narrative.

CosmicSea

Alt account
Banned
Feb 5, 2019
I mean...they only gave their opinion, like you gave yours. For some, the Xbox has the best value. For others, it's the PS4 or Switch or PC. Seems like you want to force your meaning of value to others, when in fact it's a personnal perception.

You're new here (assuming this isn't an alt...), and yet you spent the majority of your posts arguing with people because they don't « value » the same thing as you and in the Xplay thread arguing against those who calls out Sony for it.
This is hilarious, most of my time? I have 50 + posts here, and about 3 in this thread....some of you are incredibly defensive.

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017
...And they're not? Did you even think before you wrote this response?

I'm literally saying you guys will do hundreds of things that are actually complicated every single day, but then when it comes to the hobby you post on a forum thousands of times on, suddenly something that is relatively much, much, much more simple like building a PC is hard. Different strokes yes, but it's a bad way of saying "I don't want to." Don't make up stuff for the sake of a narrative.

I think you lack empathy for how other people choose or prefer to engage in hobbies, and I'll leave it at that.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
For some people videogames shouldn't be as complicated as 'paying taxes, driving cars, having families'...

For some people videogames are like maintaining your own car - something to tweak, to 'work on' etc.

Different strokes for different folks. Different types of gaming are best for different people.
Right, but most PC clients like Uplay and Origin and Steam are pretty much 1 click installs for games. With Nvidia GeForce Experience, you can even set your performance profile for your games in seconds. People drastically overstate the difficulty of gaming on PC, likely a holdover for when it was much less user friendly. There are still a few old games that are an absolute bitch to get running on newer hardware, but they are exceptions rather than the rule.

CosmicSea

Alt account
Banned
Feb 5, 2019
You have 35 posts between this thread and the Xplay, so teah the majority of your posts....
Most of those are in the xplay thread..but keep being disengenious (First it was only this thread). Is there a rule about having a convo with someone in Xplay threads I don;t know about? s there a point to your off topic derail?

Greatest Ever

Banned
Aug 25, 2018
I think you lack empathy for how other people choose or prefer to engage in hobbies, and I'll leave it at that.
Not really, but if you're not going to read what I'm saying and then admit to not responding more, that's on you. If you don't want to build a PC or it's too expensive, that's on you, and that's cool. I felt the same way before on both fronts. But nonsense like "it's too hard" or "tweaking settings" and even "drivers" still get brought up in 2019, and I'll call a spade a spade.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
I agree.

If someone asked me what the best gaming experience was, I would point them towards the PS4. If they asked me what the best bang-for-buck gaming experience is, I would point them towards the Xbox One.

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017
Right, but most PC clients like Uplay and Origin and Steam are pretty much 1 click installs for games. With Nvidia GeForce Experience, you can even set your performance profile for your games in seconds. People drastically overstate the difficulty of gaming on PC, likely a holdover for when it was much less user friendly. There are still a few old games that are an absolute bitch to get running on newer hardware, but they are exceptions rather than the rule.

I've had problems with 'new' games (i.e. in the last few years). Where I had to spend hours of an evening basically playing QA-tester and perusing forums until I could get a game to work half-way decently.

The thing about this is, if someone has a bad enough experience, they may write something off as too risky (wrt their time, if nothing else). for a long time to come thereafter. And stick to what they know will more or less work.

So something might indeed have gotten better in the interim, but a consumer's risk perception may still remain high because of prior poor experiences, and it might take a long time for that customer to be willing to try something again. There's friction in overcoming inertia, be it toward or away from something.

This might all sound dreadfully irrational, but we are all dreadfully irrational, especially in soft consumption.

Deleted member 41104

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Mar 15, 2018
Most of those are in the xplay thread..but keep being disengenious (First it was only this thread). Is there a rule about having a convo with someone in Xplay threads I don;t know about? s there a point to your off topic derail?

Can't you read ? That's what I said in my initial post, nothing disengenious :
yet you spent the majority of your posts arguing with people because they don't « value » the same thing as you and in the Xplay thread arguing against those who calls out Sony for it.
I just think it strange to spend the vast majority of your posts arguing against people who don't like what Sony is doing with Xplay and then in here, telling people who value Xbox more that they have the wrong definition of « value » and repeating that you prefer the PS4. That's just it, I don't think it bolds well.

You're right on one thing though, this is a derail and I won't be posting about it here. Cheers

CosmicSea

Alt account
Banned
Feb 5, 2019
Can't you read ? That's what I said in my initial post, nothing disengenious :

I just think it strange to spend the vast majority of your posts arguing against people who don't like what Sony is doing with Xplay and then in here, telling people who value Xbox more that they have the wrong definition of « value » and repeating that you prefer the PS4. That's just it, I don't think it bolds well.

You're right in one thing though, this is a derail and I won't be posting about it here. Cheers
Couple issues...no one is arguing.... it's a discussion board...

Value is not just a dollar value is a fact, has nothing to do with anything else.

Greatest Ever

Banned
Aug 25, 2018
To this day there are still some ultrawide hacks that don't work for me and it frustrates me. I remember when my PC kept crashing over the span of about 6 or 7 months and that was a bad time. Even my laptop has Windows updates that knock out its WiFi drivers. So annoying.

Deleted member 11985

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm a PC gamer, and I agree. If you had absolutely nothing and wanted to get into modern gaming, then an Xbox One S with Game Pass would have you all setup for like $250. You can't beat that.

The Microsoft Store has decent holiday sales too that are pretty competitive with Steam sales.

rodrigolfp

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Derogatory language and numerous accumulated fractions for trolling and hostility
PC is not an environment that alot of gamers want to deal with, the overhead needed as opposed to console is a significant detractor amonst other things, also the amount of hoops gamers need to jump through in order to get a console experience can be avoided just by picking up a console, plugging it in and let it take care of itself. Just have to read through replies here on Era's take on it: https://www.resetera.com/threads/pc-gaming-is-awesome-why-arent-you-doing-it.11023/

Fact is, on launch of Xbox Scarlett, you can take home a shiny new powerful console, plug it into your TV, and play launch games for whatever is the Gamepass fee. And launch is when you get multiple first party games. That is value that really cant be offered by others (as of yet).
And having to deal with crap framerates, non native resolutions, lack of 21:9+ resolutions, lack of mouse+kb support for shooters+ gargabe aim assists than can't be turned off, insane long loading screens, no options to disable retard effects like motion blur, DoF, CA and film grain, crap post AAs blurring everthing, lack of games in the library compared to PC, no emulation, no mods...

Last edited:

huH1678

Oct 30, 2017
And having to deal with crap framerates, non native resolutions, lack of 21:9+ resolutions, lack of mouse+kb support for shooters+ gargabe aim assists than can't be turned off, insane long loading screens, no options to disable retard effects like motion blur, DoF, CA and film grain, lack of games in the library compared to PC, no emulation, no mods...

What you are listing is why some people are on PC...But at the same time lots of what you list is also a none issue on consoles.both PC and consoles have their strengths, why we doing this :/

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Xbox certainly has a great gaming infrastructure. I really hope next gen their exclusives get better and give me a reason to buy one.

occ86

Oct 30, 2017
It really depends on what one personally defines as "value", but overall I'd argue the PC is the clear winner here.
For consoles however, if we really just look at how much you can get for your money software-wise thanks to game pass, I can easily agree.

huH1678

Oct 30, 2017
None of what I listed is a non issue on consoles. Every single one is an issue.

For you sure,but you don't speak for everyone. For the vast majority of people in the console market they are none issues. Low FPS and too long load times sure that's a problem but everything else is just opinion.

rodrigolfp

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
For you sure,but you don't speak for everyone. For the vast majority of people in the console market they are none issues. Low FPS and too long load times sure that's a problem but everything else is just opinion.

Non native resolutions, more input lag, blurry IQ and less games to play are just opinion? Suuuure.

ShapeGSX

Nov 13, 2017
Not really, but if you're not going to read what I'm saying and then admit to not responding more, that's on you. If you don't want to build a PC or it's too expensive, that's on you, and that's cool. I felt the same way before on both fronts. But nonsense like "it's too hard" or "tweaking settings" and even "drivers" still get brought up in 2019, and I'll call a spade a spade.

I'm about to build a powerful PC (Core i9-9900K and probably a 2060). I'm still going to game on my Xbox. It's not too difficult to game on the PC. To me, it's just a hassle. And yeah, tweaking settings, controller setup, etc.. is part of it. I prefer the ease of gaming on the Xbox One X. Lots of people prefer consoles for this reason. It's not an attack on your preferred game platform.

Oct 27, 2017
And having to deal with crap framerates, non native resolutions, lack of 21:9+ resolutions, lack of mouse+kb support for shooters+ gargabe aim assists than can't be turned off, insane long loading screens, no options to disable retard effects like motion blur, DoF, CA and film grain, crap post AAs blurring everthing, lack of games in the library compared to PC, no emulation, no mods...

Are you serious with this crap?

rodrigolfp

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'm about to build a powerful PC (Core i9-9900K and probably a 2060). I'm still going to game on my Xbox. It's not too difficult to game on the PC. To me, it's just a hassle. And yeah, tweaking settings, controller setup, etc.. is part of it. I prefer the ease of gaming on the Xbox One X. Lots of people prefer consoles for this reason. It's not an attack on your preferred game platform.
i9 for gaming? Don't do that.

Greatest Ever

Banned
Aug 25, 2018
Yes, consoles are easier. I still game on my PS4, Switch, and Vita too. If you read what I said, nothing of what I said suggest people shouldn't game on consoles or have to game on PC. Nothing of what I said sounds like I'm defending a platform.

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Games Pass is great and all (I had it from when it was announced until last month), but for me it wasn't worth it because I own all the games I'd want to play on my Xbox One X. Things like value will always be subjective, for me the PC will always offer the greatest value despite maybe not being the cheapest option because it's where I want to play. Also value to me is playing the games I want to play, which unfortunately tend to be exclusive to platforms other than the Xbox.

Edit: I do think Xbox offers the best "bang for your buck" out of all the platforms, and it would be great if others would do something similar.

Last edited:

zedox

Oct 28, 2017
The value is absolutely there if you look at the raw numbers.

But in some way I remain doubtful that Gamepass is a long-term solution when it comes to developers making money. The numbers just don't add up in my mind.
I guess there's big value in exposure and a guaranteed amount of player numbers/MAU's, but I can't see how you can divide a 5$ a month sub between the dozens and dozens of games and come up with everything in the black. I predict that games launching on Gamepass will have to come with a host of additional revenue streams to offset the missed profit from selling a 60$ boxed copy. Once Xbox starts cranking out big AAA marquee games again hopefully next-gen, I don't see how the business model stays upright. Maybe the games will adapt to the service model, we'll see.

Still, if I owned an Xbox One i'd certainly be on Gamepass just for the raw number value alone. It's a steal.

That is not how it works. Microsoft pays the developers to put their game on the service for an agreed upon timeframe. They do not split the cost of the service to the users with the developers. This is exactly how Netflix works.

Azerare

Oct 25, 2017
Own a PS4 Pro, Switch, XB1X and PC. My XB1X is my most played gaming device lately. I'll probably start off with the new Xbox next gen. Microsoft has fixed their shit imo

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
I think when discussing which platform gives you the better value we have to take into consideration to whom we're referring. Are we talking about a person who's new to gaming? Someone who's never touched one particular platform before? Or someone who's played everything on all platforms.

For someone who's new to gaming then PS Now is the better deal not only due to its larger library but also due to having some extremely good exclusives like TLOU and Bloodborne which many would argue are superior to any offerings on Game Pass. For someone who has played everything then Game Pass will be the better deal since you get an opportunity to play brand new games for the one subscription fee.

It's also worth keeping in mind this is not an answer set in stone as these services will continue to evolve. PS had the benefits of PS Plus free games, Xbox introduced Games with Gold. PS introduced streaming with PS Now which provided a form of BC, Xbox provided actual BC as well as Game Pass. PS introduced download support down PS2/PS4 titles on PS Now. Just from that very simple breakdown there were a couple points each where either company could be argued to have offered the better value.

For a couple months for someone new to gaming...sure I'll go with that. Reason why Game Pass has value over the long term is the new stuff. Knowing that Ori 2, Gears 5 and some solid looking Indies are coming Day 1 is what makes it valuable over time. The old stuff matters but if it's just the old stuff, I'd argue it makes more sense to subscribe for a couple months to sample all the games and then buy what you like on the cheap. PS Now is $240 a year. That can buy you a decent number of old games.

I've owned nearly every AAA old game released into Game Pass yet still find it an incredible value thanks to the new games.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
For a couple months for someone new to gaming...sure I'll go with that. Reason why Game Pass has value over the long term is the new stuff. Knowing that Ori 2, Gears 5 and some solid looking Indies are coming Day 1 is what makes it valuable over time. The old stuff matters but if it's just the old stuff, I'd argue it makes more sense to subscribe for a couple months to sample all the games and then buy what you like on the cheap. PS Now is $240 a year. That can buy you a decent number of old games.

I've owned nearly every AAA old game released into Game Pass yet still find it an incredible value thanks to the new games.

PS Now is 99 dollars for a yearly sub. I'm probably gonna try the yearly sub in a couple months since its not too pricy

Also worth keeping in mind they do add more titles to PS Now, but I'm not sure how regularly. I seem to recall about 50 titles being added late last year.

JayWood2010

Oct 27, 2017
I love my PC, but I wouldnt recommend it to people looking for bang for your buck.

I can only give you my experience, but here it goes.

1. Entry cost is high. Now this depends on your budget, but between your PC, Monitor, Mouse, and Keyboard it can add up. Mine was over $2000, though again this can differ from person to person, but that is $2000 before even buying a single game, where as on Xbox you can get a Xbox One S and Game Pass for what $300-$400?

2. There is a lot of sales on PC, but does it out-value Game Pass or the several sales on Xbox? No, i dont believe so. I typically buy games when they come out, and I dont wait to buy them. Even at that, new games typically will be 50% off at most within the first year turning a $60 game into $30. Game Pass is $120 a year, and you can also get it on sale, which is what I did for $70. It offers first party games day 1, and while Microsoft doesnt have a huge first party as of this moment, it is clear they will have a huge first party lineup in a few short years. So lets hypothetically say you downloaded Gears 5 on Game Pass this year, which automatically saves you $60 turning your $120 subscription into $60. For me it would be $10 since I got mine on sale, and this isnt mentioning all the other games you can play.

3. Your average consumer buys only a few games every year. With Game Pass you automatically get more than 100, plus day one launch games such as Gears, Sea of Thieves, and even Ashen. This will push up engagement. It also allows people to try games they would have never tried before. Recently I started playing Mutan Year Zero, a game in which i likely wouldnt have if it wasnt for Game Pass.

As I said, I love my PC, but the entry price is high. There is good sales on PC, though Xbox has some pretty good sales too, plus it has Game Pass. I also have had a lot less issues on consoles than on PC. Recently I had to swap my PSU for PC, and a few years ago I had to replace my CPU in which I had to buy a whole new motherboard, and Water Cooler. PC gaming can be expensive and complicated at times, and issues do occur.

I think some people here do not consider how different the casual gamer is to forum dwellers. I would never recommend a gaming PC to somebody who isnt super serious about games.

ShapeGSX

Nov 13, 2017
What monitor? Try out an ultrawide if you're doing video rendering.

I already have a 4k LG monitor. https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lg-27u...nc-monitor-gray-white/6204328.p?skuId=6204328

But I can see why an ultrawide would be nice for that. Thanks for the advice!

The 4k monitor is actually the main reason I'm upgrading the PC. I bought it to replace an old Dell 20" 1680x1050 monitor. My 45nm Core 2 Extreme Quad QX9650 and ancient video card do not like pushing that many pixels. It's slooooooooow, even with an SSD. It's quite literally 12 years old. It has had a great life, but it's time to upgrade.

Greatest Ever

Banned
Aug 25, 2018
I already have a 4k LG monitor. https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lg-27u...nc-monitor-gray-white/6204328.p?skuId=6204328

But I can see why an ultrawide would be nice for that. Thanks for the advice!

The 4k monitor is actually the main reason I'm upgrading the PC. I bought it to replace an old Dell 20" 1680x1050 monitor. My 45nm Core 2 Extreme Quad QX9650 and ancient video card do not like pushing that many pixels. It's slooooooooow, even with an SSD. It's quite literally 12 years old. It has had a great life, but it's time to upgrade.
Holy shit, sounds nice. Are you creating 4k footage to utilize that monitor and i9 with? And are you going to hook up one of the Pro consoles to the monitor?

Hoo-doo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
That is not how it works. Microsoft pays the developers to put their game on the service for an agreed upon timeframe. They do not split the cost of the service to the users with the developers. This is exactly how Netflix works.

That's not what I meant. I'm talking about the difference in profit of having 10 million 60$ copies sold versus having 10 million players on Gamepass and a flat fee paid from subscription money. The big AAA games that are expected to sell extremely well will likely get a significantly lower return on their investment by launching on gamepass. Hence why I think either the games will adapt to the model or the model will have to change.

CosmicSea

Alt account
Banned
Feb 5, 2019
I love my PC, but I wouldnt recommend it to people looking for bang for your buck.

I can only give you my experience, but here it goes.

1. Entry cost is high. Now this depends on your budget, but between your PC, Monitor, Mouse, and Keyboard it can add up. Mine was over $2000, though again this can differ from person to person, but that is $2000 before even buying a single game, where as on Xbox you can get a Xbox One S and Game Pass for what $300-$400?

2. There is a lot of sales on PC, but does it out-value Game Pass or the several sales on Xbox? No, i dont believe so. I typically buy games when they come out, and I dont wait to buy them. Even at that, new games typically will be 50% off at most within the first year turning a $60 game into $30. Game Pass is $120 a year, and you can also get it on sale, which is what I did for $70. It offers first party games day 1, and while Microsoft doesnt have a huge first party as of this moment, it is clear they will have a huge first party lineup in a few short years. So lets hypothetically say you downloaded Gears 5 on Game Pass this year, which automatically saves you $60 turning your $120 subscription into $60. For me it would be $10 since I got mine on sale, and this isnt mentioning all the other games you can play.

3. Your average consumer buys only a few games every year. With Game Pass you automatically get more than 100, plus day one launch games such as Gears, Sea of Thieves, and even Ashen. This will push up engagement. It also allows people to try games they would have never tried before. Recently I started playing Mutan Year Zero, a game in which i likely wouldnt have if it wasnt for Game Pass.

As I said, I love my PC, but the entry price is high. There is good sales on PC, though Xbox has some pretty good sales too, plus it has Game Pass. I also have had a lot less issues on consoles than on PC. Recently I had to swap my PSU for PC, and a few years ago I had to replace my CPU in which I had to buy a whole new motherboard, and Water Cooler. PC gaming can be expensive and complicated at times, and issues do occur.

I think some people here do not consider how different the casual gamer is to forum dwellers. I would never recommend a gaming PC to somebody who isnt super serious about games.

This is an issue with posts like this, you can build a PC way more powerful then one X for way, way less then that, especially considering most people already have a PC they can piece meal upgrades. 2k is a ridiculous high price that is a choice but certainly is not needed.

ShapeGSX

Nov 13, 2017
Holy shit, sounds nice. Are you creating 4k footage to utilize that monitor and i9 with? And are you going to hook up one of the Pro consoles to the monitor?

I have a 65" 4k TV for the Xbox One X. :) That monitor was on sale for like $300 when I got it. It's pretty nice, but it has some light bleed in the blacks at certain angles.

The video stuff I do is amateur noodling around, but I enjoy learning and making content. I may start doing some 4k stuff with the new computer. The old computer certainly was not up to the task.

Jun 22, 2018
That's not what I meant. I'm talking about the difference in profit of having 10 million 60$ copies sold versus having 10 million players on Gamepass and a flat fee paid from subscription money. The big AAA games that are expected to sell extremely well will likely get a significantly lower return on their investment by launching on gamepass. Hence why I think either the games will adapt to the model or the model will have to change.
Microsoft has said repeatedly that putting their games on game pass has resulted in better sales. Meaning, game pass helps sales numbers.

If you think about word of mouth marketing including streamers, it actually makes a lot of sense. People see their friends or streamers playing a game and when it seems fun they go buy a copy to play themselves (or subscribe to game pass).

Their data so far suggests that more people buy the games than they would have without that extra exposure.

JayWood2010

Oct 27, 2017
Post above was about PC vs Xbox, but I see Xbox vs PS4 as well so here it goes.

Im good saying PS4 has a better first party than Xbox this generation. Between games like Bloodborne, Uncharted, Spider-Man, God of War, etc PS4 has had a stellar first party generation. Xbox is preparing to be more competitive here for next generation, but this generation there is no doubt PS4 has had the better first party lineup.

Game Pass vs PS Now though? Game Pass for sure. Its really an argument of new vs quantity. PS Now has a lot of games, but theyre all old. I see The Last of Us and Bloodborne pop up all the time when people talk about PS Now, but those two games can be bought via Amazon for $35 combined. Compare this to Gears 5 and Crackdown launching on Game Pass which would cost you $120 without a subscription. Throw in games like Ashen, Mutant Year Zero, Halo, Ori, and all the upcoming first party studios making games, you are saving money every year on NEW PURCHASES. I have in the past referred to PS Now as PS Yesterday. As somebody who buys new games, I have no interest in a service that offers nothing new in value.

If you just want a bunch of games to play, and never got into PS3, then PS Now is a great service. If youre looking for a service that offers new games, then PS now isnt.

Part of the reason Netflix is so successful is because they are constantly making new stuff for it. This is what Game Pass is doing.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018

Most casual gamers buy around 2 full priced games per year (those don't have to be first party games either), while a Gamepass subscription is around 120 dollars (so 2 full priced games) for a year.

For people on resetera, it'll mean less spending, but for many people it could mean they are spending much more. Meanwhile, more people will enjoy their intellectual properties, increasing their value. More people playing Halo or Forza means those brands become stronger.

More people playing it, means more exposure, more Twitch streams, YouTube views, sales, merchandise, e-Sports tournaments, etc.

Gaming is not just game sales.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
PS Now is 99 dollars for a yearly sub. I'm probably gonna try the yearly sub in a couple months since its not too pricy

Also worth keeping in mind they do add more titles to PS Now, but I'm not sure how regularly. I seem to recall about 50 titles being added late last year.

99 isn't a bad value but it's all relative. If they even got newer Indies in there, it would be easier to commit. Without new stuff, it's hard to make a long term commitment and that long term commitment or knowing I won't cancel is what makes it feel like I own those games even if I technically don't. I bought 3 years of Game Pass for $180. ($60 a year average). I know it'll have the next Halo, Gears and Ori on Day 1 as a foundation. I never see myself canceling the service because of constant newer stuff and knowing games from Obsidian, Ninja Theory and Playground will be there Day 1. PS Now is a more difficult commitment long term which decreases the value.

If Sony announces their games go into the service Day 1 and they pay for Day 1 Indies to fill out the year, then there will be a more genuine discussion on value. Until then I don't think it's close.

JayWood2010

Oct 27, 2017
This is an issue with posts like this, you can build a PC way more powerful then one X for way, way less then that, especially considering most people already have a PC they can piece meal upgrades. 2k is a ridiculous high price that is a choice but certainly is not needed.
Sure this can be done for much cheaper, but a part of the allure to PC gaming is the power. Im not going to recommend Sally's mom to go buy her kid a $500 PC + monitor, when she can buy a console and just plug and play. Id tell her go buy this + Game Pass and your kid will have over 100 games immediately. There isnt complications, its convenient, and its cheap.

The major advantage of PC gaming is raw power, not price, or convenience