• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
Let's go!!! So hyped for this.

Is there a reason why it's "Xbox and Bethesda" and not just "Xbox"?
It's not "Xbox and Rare" or "Xbox and 343", etc

Will it be "Xbox, Bethesda and Activision" when that gets finalised?
Because Bethesda is a brand, and a better recognized one in some parts of the world where Xbox isn't popular.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
hypa-hypa.gif

Let's go.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
Is there a reason why it's "Xbox and Bethesda" and not just "Xbox"?
It's not "Xbox and Rare" or "Xbox and 343", etc

Will it be "Xbox, Bethesda and Activision" when that gets finalised?
Xbox, Bethesda, Activision, King and Blizzard 😂

In all seriousness, these are different publishing arms just owned by the same company. Starfield is being published under the name Bethesda not Xbox Game Studios although Microsoft is managing them.

Because that above name is too much of a mouthful I imagine it will just be called "Microsoft Gaming Showcase" next year.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
I can't freakin wait. There is gonna be so much shit. They'll probably keep saying Bethesda until they are sure people know they have Bethesda under their belt.

Oct 28, 2017
Curious about Starfield... but I cannot believe I will be the only one expecting the new game from our lords and saviours from ID Software after the second coming of the Slayer :D

Lbbaker

May 21, 2018
Obviously I'm hype as hell for Starfield but I'm really hoping we see a little sneak peak of Fable here as well.

RexNovis

Oct 25, 2017
Because those you listed are studios, and Bethesda is an entire publisher with it's own games, audience etc

Bethesda/Zenimax is alongside Xbox Game Studios and not under it.

Bethesda still exists as a publisher under the Microsoft umbrella with its own management, marketing and distribution stuff. It's big enough to warrent keeping the name separately, it has its own fanbase and events like quakecon for example.

Xbox and Bethesda are still seperate publishers really. Bethesda is indeed owned by Xbox. But works on their own.

Huh. Well that's odd. Is that a long term thing? Usually mergers and acquisitions actually merge executive oversight between two companies don't they?

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Really glad they are doing the combined show. We know there's gonna be a ton of good content, might as well pull out all the stops.

This is gonna mark the end of the last drought (first half of this year) we'll probably have for Xbox. Can't wait to see what's next.

klauskpm

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
I'm looking forward to updates to XCloud and Game Pass releases. I don't really think we will get any updates regarding XCloud, as it was not mentioned, but I hope we have. I was amazed by it in Brazil while playing on a smartphone and it has become my defacto way to play in Canada. So I'm really glad about it and looking forward to hear more about it.

Also, the show name is really weird to me. It will not scale. What will it be in the future? Xbox & Bethesda & Activision-Blizzard Games showcase? They are probably trying to be respectful, and that is probably appreciated by the people in Bethesda, but if they don't do separate events that name doesn't scale at all. XGS showcase or Xbox Day with several events sounds like the way to go for me.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
Huh. Well that's odd. Is that a long term thing? Usually mergers and acquisitions actually merge executive oversight between two companies don't they?

Think of it as Microsoft running Bethesda as a subsidiary. Or Microsoft replacing the Zenimax Media holding company as the owner of Bethesda Softworks, the publisher unit.

I think it'll last until the next recession, when someone at Microsoft is inevitably going to be like "wait, why are we paying for three separate marketing and PR departments" and they'll fire a bunch of people and preach integration and tearing down walls with some snazzy internal campaign name like One Microsoft, but that hasn't happened yet.

gothmog

Oct 28, 2017
NY
Not that odd in the modern mega merger era. Disney still has Marvel, Star Wars, and Pixar as separate brands/studios with their own leadership.

Rygar1126

Oct 27, 2017
Excited to get updates on the stuff announced at the last showcase that have been MIA since then: Contraband, Somerville, Replaced, Redfall

Plus, I'm sure there will be a bunch of new stuff I get excited for.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
Microsoft has implied that Activision, King (mobile games) and Blizzard will all be retaining their publishing offices and not be consolidated into Xbox Game Studios, it will just be overseen and managed by Phil just like Bethesda.

When you load up Starfield, you'll see the Bethesda logo, not the Xbox Game Studios logo because it's published by Bethesda. Same way you don't see Walt Disney Animation before a PIXAR movie.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hoping for:

• Starfield extended gameplay reveal
  • Forza Motorsport gameplay reveal and release date
  • Redfall gameplay reveal and release date
  • Hellblade II gameplay and release date
  • First in-engine footage of Avowed
  • First in-engine footage of Fable
  • Reveal of what The Coalition has been working on
Dreaming of:

• Banjo Kazooie reboot reveal

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Really not buying the Starfield hype yet, sorry, just seems like CP2077 in 2020 when everyone was trying to make it a "thing" before it actually delivered. That said with game pass stakes are much lower, if it sucks it's no big deal. Bethesda has a so-so track record lately with me, so it could be really good or really average. Not holding my breath tho I'd expect 20% of the whole show devoted to it alone.
That said, I really hope to get updates on fable, perfect dark, and ideally I'd love a new Banjo. I really want to see new Series exclusive games in full force at this showcase.

I'd love for them to announce a revamped controller that matches the haptics and adaptive triggers of the dual sense too

My guess is RedFall (was that the name?), Starfield and Forza for this year. Ideally good trailers for Everwild, fable, PD for 2023 windows even if they slip much later

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Cant believe we got a date without even insiders hinting or Jeff Grubb lists of maybe dates.

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
Yes! Love how they're giving the date so far in advance. That's one day I'm making sure I'm free.

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
They need to show gameplay this year for mostly everything and give release windows. Let's hope they realize that.