• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Where Does Your Loyalty Lie?

• Kyrian

Votes: 143 20.2%
  • Necrolords

Votes: 127 17.9%
  • Night Fae

Votes: 247 34.9%
  • Venthyr

Votes: 191 27.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Touchdown

Oct 25, 2017
It's really hard to believe that the next expansion is less than 6 months away and we still know so little about it.

I completely get the anxiety over the readiness of the expansion but, still, I find the whole thing kind of thrilling.

Imagine the community going into the next expansion largely blind, instead of already knowing for months what the meta is, what the story is, what specs are trash, and what professions are worthwhile.

I kind of want them to keep us in the dark as much as possible.

Really looking forward to professions being a thing again. What worries me a bit is I feel like we didn't know a whole lot about BfA before it launched coming off of Legion and that turned out to be one of my least favorite expansions. But on the other hand, with less systems hopefully, looking forward to the possibility of more dungeons, raids, and bg's (one can dream) in the future.

Paganmoon

Oct 26, 2017
So, one of the big issues with this tier was all of the hardcore "if one person messes this up, the raid wipes" mechanics. Halondrus, Anduin, pretty much every hard boss was hard for that reason. I have no issue with those mechanics in a vacuum, but the tuning was way too crazy.
that's 2 bosses, which I feel is fine for a mythic level raid. in it's current form Halondrus Mythic is no different from Heroic for most of the raidgroup, with only bomb carries getting a new mechanic, there isn't even a significant increase in raid damage for us healers to deal with. You can basically ignore all mechanics, and with the health nerfs you 100% skip every reclaim. if the fights aren't supposed to be more challenging than Heroic, then what's the point of Mythic?

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
that's 2 bosses, which I feel is fine for a mythic level raid. in it's current form Halondrus Mythic is no different from Heroic for most of the raidgroup, with only bomb carries getting a new mechanic, there isn't even a significant increase in raid damage for us healers to deal with. You can basically ignore all mechanics, and with the health nerfs you 100% skip every reclaim. if the fights aren't supposed to be more challenging than Heroic, then what's the point of Mythic?
he wasn't talking about mythic

even on heroic, the tuning is so tight on certain group sizes that the loss of one DPS completely skews the fight, even outside of fights like anduin where the loss of a body will actually screw you over mechanically

mythic raiders probably have no issue with this, but for groups that only target AOTC, sepulcher is a nightmare

(frankly i also see no reason for there to be so many raid difficulties anymore anyway given how bad they are at tuning all of them consistently. flatten normal and heroic or heroic and mythic)

Paganmoon

Oct 26, 2017
(frankly i also see no reason for there to be so many raid difficulties anymore anyway given how bad they are at tuning all of them consistently. flatten normal and heroic or heroic and mythic)
I don't think I agree with this, the choices are fine, and gives people the options of playing with the level of challenge they're after. I don't think the raid was overtuned after the first few sets of nerfs. The current nerfs to some bosses basically makes the fights nearly indistinguishable between heroic and mythic, and I know a lot of mythic raiding guilds currently progressing are annoyed by it, cause they go from a challenge they almost got, to oneshot after a reset cause mechanics are simply removed.
I feel like the "issue" with not enough guilds getting AotC or CE compared to prior raids/seasons as of right now is that there's such a high level of churn in guilds (my guild has had 14-15 major roster changes from start of the tier, and personally stopped raiding after we got Halondrus), and from what I've gathered one of the lowest sub counts currently so harder to recruit new people?

I know I had to switch realms going into Season 3 cause my connected realm (consisting of 9 distinct realms with only estimated ~5k active Horde players https://www.wowrealmpopulation.com/wow-eu-realm.php?realm=sunstrider) literally only has 2 Mythic raiding guilds left, and one of which is ultra-hardcore going for HoF.
The realm had 10 Mythic raiding guilds in S2/SoD, and literally lost 8 between seasons.

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
I don't think I agree with this, the choices are fine, and gives people the options of playing with the level of challenge they're after. I don't think the raid was overtuned after the first few sets of nerfs. The current nerfs to some bosses basically makes the fights nearly indistinguishable between heroic and mythic, and I know a lot of mythic raiding guilds currently progressing are annoyed by it, cause they go from a challenge they almost got, to oneshot after a reset cause mechanics are simply removed.
I feel like the "issue" with not enough guilds getting AotC or CE compared to prior raids/seasons as of right now is that there's such a high level of churn in guilds (my guild has had 14-15 major roster changes from start of the tier, and personally stopped raiding after we got Halondrus), and from what I've gathered one of the lowest sub counts currently so harder to recruit new people?

I know I had to switch realms going into Season 3 cause my connected realm (consisting of 9 distinct realms with only estimated ~5k active Horde players https://www.wowrealmpopulation.com/wow-eu-realm.php?realm=sunstrider) literally only has 2 Mythic raiding guilds left, and one of which is ultra-hardcore going for HoF.
The realm had 10 Mythic raiding guilds in S2/SoD, and literally lost 8 between seasons.

On raid difficulties:

We have to assess what problems excessive amounts of raid difficulties cause. Player fragmentation is a real thing, and if tuned correctly, recruiting would be a much easier process for guilds if there were only LFR-Normal-Mythic difficulties. This will also solve some of the the power creep issues WoW has, because this would theoretically knock item levels down by alot and would keep each tier a bit more competitive with loot, which will also solve the P2W issues WoW is currently having with the exorbitant costs it takes for high level raiders to actually compete with eachother. And its not a very liked difficulty, but LFR would be more of an attractive option for even some higher geared raiders looking to fill some gaps in their gear.

It's an opinion that even Scripe has said the game needs to do. https://twitter.com/ScripeWoW/status/1521953719927160832

On raiding as a whole:

Sepulcher is the most unhealthiest raid Blizzard has ever released. It was just flat out way too overtuned. Development time from the game is being drained into this sepulcher black hole. I'm not being hyperbolic in my statements here. Blizzard has had to go back and adjust bosses in this raid nearly every week since early March.

10KpJT2.png

www.wowhead.com

All Nerfs and Changes to Sepulcher of the First Ones Bosses on All Difficulties

We've compiled all the nerfs and changes to Sepulcher of the First Ones bosses on Normal, Heroic and Mythic difficulties since this raid released!

This isn't healthy game design. This isn't good at all for the future of the game. They need to re-evaluate mythic, it needs to be their top priority.

Last edited:

Paganmoon

Oct 26, 2017
On raid difficulties:

We have to assess what problems excessive amounts of raid difficulties cause. Player fragmentation is a real thing, and if tuned correctly, recruiting would be a much easier process for guilds if there were only LFR-Normal-Mythic difficulties. This will also solve some of the the power creep issues WoW has, because this would theoretically knock item levels down by alot and would keep each tier a bit more competitive with loot, which will also solve the P2W issues WoW is currently having with the exorbitant costs it takes for high level raiders to actually compete with eachother.

It's an opinion that even Scripe has said the game needs to do. https://twitter.com/ScripeWoW/status/1521953719927160832

On raiding as a whole:

Sepulcher is the most unhealthiest raid Blizzard has ever released. It was just flat out way too overtuned. Development time from the game is being drained into this sepulcher black hole. I'm not being hyperbolic in my statements here. Blizzard has had to go back and adjust bosses in this raid nearly every week since early March.

10KpJT2.png

www.wowhead.com

All Nerfs and Changes to Sepulcher of the First Ones Bosses on All Difficulties

We've compiled all the nerfs and changes to Sepulcher of the First Ones bosses on Normal, Heroic and Mythic difficulties since this raid released!

This isn't healthy game design. This isn't good at all for the future of the game. They need to re-evaluate mythic, it needs to be their top priority.
I'm not arguing against facts, such as Blizzard has nerfed Sepulcher a lot, cause they have.
I'm saying they're nerfing it cause they're not getting the AotC/CE numbers they usually see, which in turn is related to the population and churn issue, not that the raid was that much harder than say SoD (after the initial set of nerfs coming off of Race to world first)
I'd argue SoD had a lot more showstoppers since they designed almost every boss for phase change/ability usage purely on HP which led to every other boss having a "stop DPS" call so you wouldn't push poorly and overlap mechanics.

I would agree that Sepulcher had a bit unbalanced tuning between bosses though, Dausegne, Skolex, and Lihuvim compared to say Halondrus is a way big jump in difficulty.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
i mean, they're also not seeing AOTC/CE numbers because at this point everyone's so tired of the raid being overtuned and inaccessible that they've all moved to M+, which is faster, more rewarding and gives comparable gear

i don't want that to go away, but what's the point of four distinct raid difficulties in a world where equivalent gear is a 30 minute time commitment away? our guild can't get 20 people to agree to a single time slot to run mythic raids at all, but we can easily splinter off and get KSM for 17 people whenever we want

the content is neither fun nor rewarding so... to hell with it

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
?????

Some of these takes are wild.
i'm sorry that I don't find sepulcher fun enough to your liking? the environment is boring, many of the fights are slogs and generally uninteresting, and the mechanics are too punishing for certain groups, plus there aren't even any fun boss models. there's a few novel fights like halondrus but once you've gotten him once, he also turns into a rote encounter

it's not a wild take, barely anyone feels like running the thing. we generally find M+ to be more fun to plan and execute, and we get rewarded way better for our time.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if people would freak the fuck out if they made mythic raids 10 man and got rid of Ilvl related rewards

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Really looking forward to professions being a thing again. What worries me a bit is I feel like we didn't know a whole lot about BfA before it launched coming off of Legion and that turned out to be one of my least favorite expansions. But on the other hand, with less systems hopefully, looking forward to the possibility of more dungeons, raids, and bg's (one can dream) in the future.

I think the difference between then and now is that Blizzard has significantly increased the size of both their dev and QA teams with regards to WoW. I'm fully convinced at this point that keeping the community in the dark for as long as possible is the point. And I can't say I blame them.

But, also...Ummm, we have known each other for years. Why haven't we played together yet?

...is it because you're a Horde scoundrel?

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
Oh magic 8 ball. Will Blizzard announce the Dragonflight alpha today so that datamine season begins?

Touchdown

Oct 25, 2017
I think the difference between then and now is that Blizzard has significantly increased the size of both their dev and QA teams with regards to WoW. I'm fully convinced at this point that keeping the community in the dark for as long as possible is the point. And I can't say I blame them.

But, also...Ummm, we have known each other for years. Why haven't we played together yet?

...is it because you're a Horde scoundrel?

guuurl you know i've offered to in the past you never took me up on it. Night elf druid guardian tank as my main since Wrath.

ae694241bb.jpg

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Rogue is looking real interesting. Lots of new stuff and previously removed things coming back.

Sain

Nov 13, 2017
As a Rogue main, I'm very pleased with what they've shown today. Profession preview from yesterday was really cool too.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
my dark secret is that whenever those 4th spec wishlist ideas come around i actually really like the ones that separate all 4 elements into their own spec, with earth as tank

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
my dark secret is that whenever those 4th spec wishlist ideas come around i actually really like the ones that separate all 4 elements into their own spec, with earth as tank

been wanting/dreaming 4th specs for all classes for years now to really make everyone hybrids and help/solve the healer and tank problems. Give mages and hunters a healer spec based on chrono magic / healing darts and grenades and shit, shamans and rogues tank specs based on earth and dodge/evade tanking, etc.

Alas, it'll never happen. At least theres a new healer /ranged coming :D

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
yeah there's a ton of room out there for 4th specs. I'm also continuously, personally offended that the game still has no support for thrown weapons as an actual primary weapon type. Axe throwers/berserkers were always one of my favorite units in Warcraft 2, and I feel like it's one of the few remaining iconic archetypes from the old games that WoW has just never tried to include.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who has played lock since vanilla, my hot take is that meta was never a very fun playstyle and I've never missed it.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
i wouldn't be against seeing the glyphed meta return in a new proper tanking spec but i really only liked MOP demonology because it looked cool when you levitated the meta form

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, not really?

4 is slightly more buff than 1, but it's still not what people wanted. Like on the slider, going from 1 to 2 barely makes a difference, of those 4 options shown, it might aswell just be 1 and 4.

Yeah I'm kind of with you there. 4 is noticeably beefier than 1 and that is definitely appreciated, but the other 2 are very slight steps.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
the armor on the Dracs does look good at least

I guess legs will always be a crotch flap, and boots will always be those ankle things

MFZWMARSKTFS1657316582186.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.