• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Where Does Your Loyalty Lie?

• Kyrian

Votes: 143 20.2%
  • Necrolords

Votes: 127 17.9%
  • Night Fae

Votes: 247 34.9%
  • Venthyr

Votes: 191 27.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
Incredible

/console camerafov ##

OTJePzt.jpg
taqyjWf.jpg

eathdemon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
its overly wordy, but she is right, and seems also to be the position most of the ultra high end mythic scene is moving towords wanting. jturning mythic in to a challange mode, ala mop's challenge mod dungeons, give cosmetics/tittles/mounts and let horic/ m+15 be the highest ilvl.

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
its overly wordy, but she is right, and seems also to be the position most of the ultra high end mythic scene is moving towords wanting. jturning mythic in to a challange mode, ala mop's challenge mod dungeons, give cosmetics/tittles/mounts and let horic/ m+15 be the highest ilvl.

Most fun I've had raiding in recent times was Classic/TBC Classic.

Accessible high level content is what makes guilds thrive and players engaged. It doesn't need to be this hard.

eathdemon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Most fun I've had raiding in recent times was Classic/TBC Classic.

Accessible high level content is what makes guilds thrive and players engaged. It doesn't need to be this hard.
honestly larger the group size, the easer the content needs to be as a rule, a game like ff14 raids have alot of indul responsibility, but thats fine b/c its only 8 players, but when scaled to 20 players you get the current raid teir which turns from being fun to just pure frustration. if blizzard want to keep ,making hard content like this, they need to ether remove gear from it, reduce player size, or both. classic/tbc/woltk fights are prity simple by todays standerds which makes them prity fun to do in large groups.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
honestly larger the group size, the easer the content needs to be as a rule, a game like ff14 raids have alot of indul responsibility, but thats fine b/c its only 8 players, but when scaled to 20 players you get the current raid teir which turns from being fun to just pure frustration. if blizzard want to keep ,making hard content like this, they need to ether remove gear from it, reduce player size, or both. classic/tbc/woltk fights are prity simple by todays standerds which makes them prity fun to do in large groups.
That's a terrible rule. More players definitely should not automatically mean easier content.

Cort

Nov 4, 2017

This company is so infuriating. This gets hotfixed instantly but hunter targeting/halondrus takes weeks.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
That's a terrible rule. More players definitely should not automatically mean easier content.
This issue isn't so much that the content needs to be easier, it's that the more people in a group the more failure points there are. If there's mechanics that you can't beat without everyone being perfect, that's a bit unfair. One person should be allowed to mess up without killing the whole raid.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
Being skeptical, sure. Stating they don't give a fuck, accussing them of trying to inflate numbers, stating plainly the expansion will be a disaster if it launches this year is not being skeptical though. That's being overly dramatic and conclusive.

Being skeptical would be holding off of judgment while waiting for more information and expressing one's concerns.

I get the sentiment, but I'm completely done with the community absolutely exploding over everything. Look at all these reactions over a launch window. Embarrassing.

Its the internet, there is a overreaction to everything unfortunately. Every decision a company makes now is overreacted to. I still remember how everyone reacted when playstation pulled out of Pax two years ago due to covid concerns; the thread that followed was incredible for takes and opened my eyes to the general state of reactions on the internet. WoW is no exception, although it is probably exasperated to some degree.

Racketpunch

Oct 26, 2017
Looking to reactivate sometime in the near future. Send me a PM if you want that sweet free cross faction change so I can get free game time too - US

I'll grab whoever reaches out first.

LegendofTrey

Oct 27, 2017
Is there any effective way to farm stygia now? Everything else seems easy but stygia has been a chore to farm up for the korthia transmog sets.

Just curious if anyone knew of any effective way to farm it.

Thx!

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
So in the next 6 months we're supposed to get:

-Fated raids
-Wrath classic
-Dragonlands

And I'm certain we'll get Fated raids in August. I don't see it happening in July and September seems way too late. Which means September-December is when they'll all release.

This company's release schedule is completely fucked.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
So in the next 6 months we're supposed to get:

-Fated raids
-Wrath classic
-Dragonlands

And I'm certain we'll get Fated raids in August. I don't see it happening in July and September seems way too late. Which means September-December is when they'll all release.

This company's release schedule is completely fucked.
How so? Season 4 could be July/August, resulting in a season of 4-6 months, depending on the exact date (and season 4 has always been talked about as a shorter season). That's more than plenty for a season with only recycled content. Then after that period, new expansion with Wrath in between.

I honestly don't see the issue with this at all. July S4, September Wrath, December Dragonflight. Gives the former two at least 2, closer to 3 months of breathing room on their own. More than enough.

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
How so? Season 4 could be July/August, resulting in a season of 4-6 months, depending on the exact date (and season 4 has always been talked about as a shorter season). That's more than plenty for a season with only recycled content. Then after that period, new expansion with Wrath in between.

I honestly don't see the issue with this at all. July S4, September Wrath, December Dragonflight. Gives the former two at least 2, closer to 3 months of breathing room on their own. More than enough.

Because it's typical Blizzard competing against itself. It's just like releasing Shadowlands a week before Naxx was released. It isn't fair for players who are interested in both games. Fated raids are a fantastic idea but again, Wrath will probably kill quite a few retail guilds because its like you said, its recycled content and people will just coast until Dragonlands prepatch.

Not even scratching the surface about Sepulcher's difficulty and the fact that many mythic guilds are still trying to get their CE kill because its way too overtuned, and Fated coming out would be a huge blow for most of these progression guilds...

uzit88

Chicken Chaser
Oct 30, 2017
As anyone pre ordered the physical dragonflight ? I only see it on the blizzard store but can't see any retailers accepting pre orders yet ? (UK)

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like alpha will be starting soon, one of the internal testing branches just switched from 9.2.5 to 10.0.

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, it must be further along than we all assume otherwise they'd never say they could get it out by years end.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
It's really hard to believe that the next expansion is less than 6 months away and we still know so little about it.

I completely get the anxiety over the readiness of the expansion but, still, I find the whole thing kind of thrilling.

Imagine the community going into the next expansion largely blind, instead of already knowing for months what the meta is, what the story is, what specs are trash, and what professions are worthwhile.

I kind of want them to keep us in the dark as much as possible.

Last edited:

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
It's really hard to believe that the next expansion is less than 6 months away and we still know so little about it.

I completely get the anxiety over the readiness of the expansion but, still, I find the whole thing kind of thrilling.

Imagine the community going into the next expansion largely blind, instead of already knowing for months what the meta is, what the story is, what specs are trash, and what professions are worthwhile.

I kind of want them to keep is in the dark as much as possible.

I think part of it is that it just feels like we know so little about it since we don't need multiple blog posts explaining whatever the new endgame borrowed power system is. Don't get me wrong, the talent system rework is very significant, but it's also essentially a re-shuffling of things that already exist.

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017

I kind of want them to keep us in the dark as much as possible.
I wouldn't mind being in the dark, not having the whole story datamined to hell and back, it's just weird.

I think part of it is that it just feels like we know so little about it since we don't need multiple blog posts explaining whatever the new endgame borrowed power system is. Don't get me wrong, the talent system rework is very significant, but it's also essentially a re-shuffling of things that already exist.
Honestly, that's probably why they think they can hit their target. There's no new systems they need to be testing out. It's just the talent tree and pretty much everything on it is the borrowed power we've been getting and giving up every expansion for a while now.

Hixx

Oct 25, 2017
December is kind of off the table imo. Releasing it late in December means releasing a live game over the holidays which is... brave. Releasing it even very early in December means the raiding schedule could become a problem. The RWF is very important to the game, whether you like it or not.

Nov 22nd 10.0 launches.
Dec 6th normal/heroic raid opens, season 1 Mythic+ begins
Dec 13th Mythic raid opens which gives them the traditional 9-10 days before everyone breaks for Christmas.

They're either very, very confident in getting this out fast or... I don't wanna think about the or.

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
December is kind of off the table imo. Releasing it late in December means releasing a live game over the holidays which is... brave. Releasing it even very early in December means the raiding schedule could become a problem. The RWF is very important to the game, whether you like it or not.

Nov 22nd 10.0 launches.
Dec 13th Mythic raid opens which gives them the traditional 9-10 days before everyone breaks for Christmas.

They're either very, very confident in getting this out fast or... I don't wanna think about the or.

Early December is when Wrath and Cata released, so I can see them doing that. That release feels really good because mythic raids can open up in January, after the holidays.

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017

Nov 22nd 10.0 launches.

There's no borrowed power or any systems like that to balance, just talent trees and a new class.

Really all they need to do is:
1. Create and balance new talent trees
2. Create and balance the new class and it's specs
3. Create new zones and leveling content
4. Create new dungeons and raids
5. The Dragon Riding flying

That's really it. It's way less than they usually have to do. There's no covenants or azerite powers or artifact weapons or soulbinds or any of that stuff. Hell, the talent trees basically take all that previous borrowed power and just makes a tree out of it. Which means all they really have to do there is pick and choose what goes where and make sure it's not broken.

I imagine they're so confident because they finally decided to stop reinventing the wheel each expansion and that cuts down on the amount of work.

Hixx

Oct 25, 2017
Early December is when Wrath and Cata released, so I can see them doing that. That release feels really good because mythic raids can open up in January, after the holidays.

Wrath was November but Cata was indeed December. That was a long time ago though! Very different approach to raiding then from inside the game and out of it. I just can't see them releasing in December. Maybe I think they care more about the raiding schedule than they actually do but I don't think so.

There's no borrowed power or any systems like that to balance, just talent trees and a new class.

Really all they need to do is:
1. Create and balance new talent trees
2. Create and balance the new class and it's specs
3. Create new zones and leveling content
4. Create new dungeons and raids
5. The Dragon Riding flying

That's really it. It's way less than they usually have to do. There's no covenants or azerite powers or artifact weapons or soulbinds or any of that stuff. Hell, the talent trees basically take all that previous borrowed power and just makes a tree out of it. Which means all they really have to do there is pick and choose what goes where and make sure it's not broken.

I imagine they're so confident because they finally decided to stop reinventing the wheel each expansion and that cuts down on the amount of work.

Probably (hopefully?) a bit of this and bit of them smushing patches together in SL to cut one out and buy themselves an extra 2/3 months.

All speculation until beta finally arrives though isn't it. We're so used to alpha going up insanely early as streamer content and weekly tiny updates for 5 months that we just assume it will always be like that.

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
Wrath was November but Cata was indeed December. That was a long time ago though! Very different approach to raiding then from inside the game and out of it. I just can't see them releasing in December. Maybe I think they care more about the raiding schedule than they actually do but I don't think so.

I always get confused because ICC was released in December lol

Deleted member 93841

User-requested account closure
Banned
Mar 17, 2021
I just hope Flash Concentration doesn't become a standard part of the priest's gameplay. I know a lot of players have been enjoying it, but I find it exhausting to always have to pay attention that it's still up.

Edit: Oh, I missed that the talents were visible. No FC to be seen.

Last edited:

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
The new stuff in the shadow tree sounds really cool to me. Monomania reminds me of the old malefic grasp spell affliction had back in Mists.

FloBoJo

Nov 5, 2017
Anyone's guild still poking Heroic? Mine kinda hit a hard wall on Rygalon and was hoping to see Jailer go down (DPS Rogue here whos gotten Curve last 3 raids, Raidei - Kirin Tor).

Hixx

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone's guild still poking Heroic? Mine kinda hit a hard wall on Rygalon and was hoping to see Jailer go down (DPS Rogue here whos gotten Curve last 3 raids, Raidei - Kirin Tor).

Not raiding this tier but some huge nerfs coming in for the last few bosses with this next weekly reset I think. It's been like 3 months and they're still nerfing stuff by 10-20% (on all difficulties!) after multiple previous nerfs.

It's been a crazy raid.

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it's a really hard tier. We've been top 100 on our server the whole time and we're still not done. Hopefully those nerfs coming on Tuesday help everyone progress more.

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
Yeah, it's a really hard tier. We've been top 100 on our server the whole time and we're still not done. Hopefully those nerfs coming on Tuesday help everyone progress more.

I'd go as far to say its the hardest raid tier since Sunwell.

And now after all these years and Blizzard citing Sunwell as poor raid design due to its difficulty, I now know why it's incredibly unhealthy for the game.

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
I'd go as far to say its the hardest raid tier since Sunwell.

And now after all these years and Blizzard citing Sunwell as poor raid design due to its difficulty, I now know why it's incredibly unhealthy for the game.
I don't mind some of the harder bosses, Anduin was a ton of fun, but there were just too many incredibly hard bosses this tier.

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
I don't mind some of the harder bosses, Anduin was a ton of fun, but there were just too many incredibly hard bosses this tier.

Yeah

Pre-nerf Halondrus too, not sure how that fight, in that condition, made it to live.

They need to really re-evaluate their approach with Mythic for future expansions.

Paganmoon

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah

Pre-nerf Halondrus too, not sure how that fight, in that condition, made it to live.

They need to really re-evaluate their approach with Mythic for future expansions.
which of the Halondrus nerfs though? Cause current mythic Halondrus is a joke. They went 1 nerf too many on that one.

Paganmoon

Oct 26, 2017
I assume the first incarnation that was basically end boss hard
I mean, as the last boss of a wing, I'd be OK with it being super hard. But yeah, it was tuned super tightly though considering they had to start nerfing it during race to world first progression, but in it's current state, it's almost unrecognizable from the boss that got killed first week of the raid opening.

Deleted member 93841

User-requested account closure
Banned
Mar 17, 2021
Not raiding this tier but some huge nerfs coming in for the last few bosses with this next weekly reset I think. It's been like 3 months and they're still nerfing stuff by 10-20% (on all difficulties!) after multiple previous nerfs.

It's been a crazy raid.

Yeah, Sepulcher is my least favorite raid in a long time and I have no desire to finish it. If Dragonflight's raids are as hard as Sepulcher, then I'm just going to quit raiding entirely and stick to mythic dungeons.

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
I mean, as the last boss of a wing, I'd be OK with it being super hard. But yeah, it was tuned super tightly though considering they had to start nerfing it during race to world first progression, but in it's current state, it's almost unrecognizable from the boss that got killed first week of the raid opening.

Needing several separate nerfs in order to achieve its current state is the problem.

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
So, one of the big issues with this tier was all of the hardcore "if one person messes this up, the raid wipes" mechanics. Halondrus, Anduin, pretty much every hard boss was hard for that reason. I have no issue with those mechanics in a vacuum, but the tuning was way too crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.