• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
You all that complain about her IDF backstory... I hope you all hate MCU as well then since we have many many of the actors supporting the troops in the US. Or should we just ignore that?

There is a difference between "supporting the troops" and this. Gadot wrote utter drivel at the height of one of the IDF's operations that used Dahiya doctrine. She supports them and the Israeli cause in Palestine. Which MCU actors are supportive of atrocities committed by the US military? Let's talk about them too.

Sometimes it's easy to separate the art from the artist when it's something you love. I get it, she's hot and nerds love their comic book movies. So it's okay.

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
There is a difference between "supporting the troops" and this. Gadot wrote utter drivel at the height of one of the IDF's operations that used Dahiya doctrine. She supports them and the Israeli cause in Palestine. Which MCU actors are supportive of atrocities committed by the US military? Let's talk about them too.

Sometimes it's easy to separate the art from the artist when it's something you love. I get it, she's hot and nerds love their comic book movies. So it's okay.

Would love to read what Gadot said regarding that if you have a URL (couldn't find anything good).

Still, supporting the troops is still utter shit since what the US troops have done in just the last decades where they have destabalized a whole region, caused a refugee crisis that have pushed rise of nationalism all across the world more or less.

But please post a URL with what Gadot said regarding that tactics that was used, since I can agree that is more horrendus to directly support a doctrine that cause massive civilian deaths.

Deleted member 5593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't have to make a stand, just pointing out the hypocrites. Why should we hold one person to one set of standard but not other in the same field? Yes the atrocities that IDF do against the Palestinian people are horrible, she should be criticised by it, but as I said, same moral standard should be applied then to others. So why isn't it? One type of horrible actions better then others or for what reason isn't this applied?

Maybe because this is a thread about Gal Godot who has nothing to do with the MCU?

And have you also chosen to ignore all the posters who've openly criticized Scarlett Johanesen's support of IDF in the respective threads where she was brought up?

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Maybe because this is a thread about Gal Godot who has nothing to do with the MCU?

And have you also chosen to ignore all the posters who've openly criticized Scarlett Johanesen's or Sylvester Stallone's support of IDF in the respective threads where she was brought up?

Actually, no, I haven't seen that, hence why I brought this up, since it feels like there is a disonance between the criticism (justifiably) Gal get compared to others (like RDJ). But if above poster, who I just quoted, have some good sources, I will gladly admit I am in the wrong.

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
You all that complain about her IDF backstory... I hope you all hate MCU as well then since we have many many of the actors supporting the troops in the US. Or should we just ignore that?

What she did is the equivalent of someone going on their social media and posting "Blue Lives Matter" in response to an unarmed Black man getting shot down by Police.

Deleted member 5593

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Actually, no, I haven't seen that, hence why I brought this up, since it feels like there is a disonance between the criticism (justifiably) Gal get compared to others (like RDJ). But if above poster, who I just quoted, have some good sources, I will gladly admit I am in the wrong.

Why don't you go ahead and make a thread about whichever MCU actor openly making public statements defending massacres like Gal Gadot and then judge whether people are hypocrites?

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Why don't you go ahead and make a thread about whichever MCU actor openly making public statements defending massacres like Gal Gadot and then judge whether people are hypocrites?

As I said, I want to see this where she defends this, a source that is.

EDIT: Actually, PM me the source, and I will take it from there, this is just thread deraling, mostly from my end, sorry for that.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Going to the 80s and bringing Chris Pine back still feels a bit weird, but we'll see

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
the only real comparable piece of crap to Gal Gadot when it comes to Israel/Palestine conflict in the MCU is ScarJo.

i'm still gonna watch Wonder Woman 2 tho because eh I thought she was charming in the last one and if Black Widow looks decent I'll prolly check that out.

support BDS tho brehs...

Deleted member 5593

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As I said, I want to see this where she defends this, a source that is.

EDIT: Actually, PM me the source, and I will take it from there, this is just thread deraling, mostly from my end, sorry for that.

FBshot.GG__0_1.jpg

And read that as a result of what happened here:

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
the only real comparable piece of crap to Gal Gadot when it comes to Israel/Palestine conflict in the MCU is ScarJo.

i'm still gonna watch Wonder Woman 2 tho because eh I thought she was charming in the last one and if Black Widow looks decent I'll prolly check that out.

support BDS tho brehs...

I actually didn't know about Scarlett Johansson and her support of the IDF and illegal settlements. I suppose it shouldn't surprise me given her shitty responses to Ghost in the Shell and playing a Trans character.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
Damn, Gadot looks so much like Lynda Carter there.

Also fun fact I used to go to the same hair salon as Carter in Potomac, MD when I was in high school.

Deleted member 5593

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks.

Will not comment here since it derails the thread.

You've already done that flinging the "hypocrites" accusations at a number of people in this thread. The least you could do is apologize or allow them voice their same disdain for whatever MCU actor you claim makes equal statements as Gal Godot did.

¡Hip Hop!

Nov 9, 2017
Hope it's better than the first movie. I really don't know what y'all saw in that movie outside of it not being the complete dumpster-fire the previous two movies were. Gadot leaves a lot to be desired in the acting department, too.

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
You've already done that flinging the "hypocrites" accusations at a number of people in this thread. The least you could do is apologize or allow them voice their same disdain for whatever MCU actor you claim makes equal statements as Gal Godot did.

After reading I don't agree and need to apologise, but feel free to PM me if you want to continue the discussion, so we don't derail it further.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile

support BDS tho brehs...

I didnt know about the SJ stuff until recently. It really sucks. I don't usually have a hard time separating art from artist, so I don't know if I'll watch them or not but oh well... at the very least, attention should be brought to this thing

Elderly Parrot

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 13, 2018
It's just people misinterpreting the story that the eldians (who were illustrated very similar to European Jews during world war 2 era)were actually once evil supreme rulers and not propaganda by the ruling class. People took to Twitter and went wild over nothing per usual.

Last edited:

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017

This is one case where I am having a lot of issues separating the art from the artist. Feel the same about Woody Allen.

I'm really tired of Wonder Woman threads being bogged down by these discussions

Come on, nothing should be "apolitical" in today's climate.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
WB's marketing on point as always. Those Justice League posters are my favorite thing about that whole mess.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean to each their own? It just rubbed me the wrong way that we couldn't have the first proper female lead, decent superhero film without her getting all gooey over a dude
we shouldnt write ALL women as men with boobs and take away everything that makes them unique. that to me is way more offensive and i see it done way too many times. there is nothing wrong with her falling for a hottie. if anything it makes her relatable to millions of young girls who have male crushes of their own.

besides, every male superhero has a shallow love interest. spiderman with mary jane, superman with louis lane, captain america with peggy carter and her niece he makes out with. why cant she have feelings for some dude? why does she have to asexual?

that said, since the colony she's from is all women and likely lesbian, i will be more receptive to the idea of her being a lesbian superhero with a female love interest. first lesbian superhero? easy win. its funny how video games will have a lesbian lead for an AAA game before hollywood.

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
If you used the smudge tool in photoshop on the Suicide Squad poster and then plastered Wonder Woman on it.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Cool, just hope they do action better. Reaction shots of Gal after a stunt double in a wig did something with her back turned was too prominent in the first and JL movie.