• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PRrambo_

PlayStation.jif
Oct 25, 2017
No extra cost? Phew. HBO max stays winning. The best streaming service.

I will still try and see it in theatres but if they're closed by then this will work.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
source.gif

Quick

Oct 25, 2017
Any chance this is going to Crave in Canada? AFAIK they're hosting HBO Max content in Canada.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
oh shit. huh. will be interesting to see if this is the beginning of the end for theaters or just the realities of covid.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if Disney will release Black Widow then in the same way.

Man this really does seem like the death of theaters.

chronos4590

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
awesome HBO max continues to be a superior platform. Also I'd honestly pay for this if it allowed 4K HDR and a decent price ($25 but no more than $30 usd)

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
That's wild if true. Genuinely didn't think a guaranteed moneymaker like WW would move to streaming, especially day and date. They must be leaving a hell of a lot of money on the table but I'm glad not to have to wait another 6 months for it at least.

That's how this should be done. Hope Disney follows suit with Black Widow, but they won't.
I actually think they will now. Between Mulan and Soul, they're clearly testing those waters. I can see them going through with it with Widow now. Though depending on how vaccination goes in the spring maybe they won't feel as much pressure to do so.

Timbuktu

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if Disney will release Black Widow then in the same way.

Man this really does seem like the death of theaters.

They are already showing Soul on Disney+ on the same day. These are alright to give these new services a boost around the holidays, but I'm not sure if this is can really be a sustained long term thing.

Prompto

Oct 25, 2017
Wait HBO Max doesn't have 4K? That's disappointing. I'll still probably subscribe to watch this though

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Cool, so I can't watch it on my big tv cause the PS5 doesn't have the HBO Max and my LG tv doesn't either...

Also, no 4K or HDR on HBO Max anyway. I hope this isn't true.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
WB scared of Star Wars could have avoided all this shit even they kept to original release date....

suaveric

Nov 9, 2017
Disney might have to do this with marvel movies because they're starting to stack up and there will be no where to put them for another 9 months at least.