• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Persona Q2 was the last planned release for the Nintendo 3DS. No other game has been announced for the system since last September (unless the localization announcement for Persona Q2 earlier this year counts). As of right no, no major release is pending for the 3DS. Smaller, digital only titles may continue to release.

On the whole though, it's pretty clear this marks an end to the 3DS's active life, as even Nintendo seems to have given up on their attempts to draw it out.

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
Rest in peace, sweet prince.

My favorite videogame console ever, I love it more than anything.

Deleted member 4037

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Then E3 is all 3DS games

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
It's a sad time, but with the Switch out, it's time to move on to greener pastures.

Also, play Persona Q2 fam. It's good.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Now, we wait for Ubisoft's E3 conference, to see if the Wii manages to outlive the 3DS (with Just Dance)

Oct 26, 2017
Amalthea
When the 3DS first came out, I remember the last played title for everyone I streetpassed was system settings. The library has grown so much since!

Will miss the system a lot, the DS line of consoles were incredibly unique. I still remember the DS unveiling, it just stood out so much ^.^

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
I remember getting the 3DS when it launched, back in 2011. It's probably my favourite Nintendo portable of all time. Lot's of memories on that little thing.

Also putting custom firmware on it was probably the best thing I've done with it. It's really a game changer.

Mekanos

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 17, 2018
Had a good run. I really enjoyed my time with the 3DS and I'm looking forward to Persona Q2. My only real complaint is it marked the end of an era regarding the peak quality of Pokemon games.

ZugZug123

Oct 27, 2017
Rip 3DS. I still enjoy playing on it, but yeah, it's time Nintendo moved on. Looking back, I enjoyed using it more than the DS, but it lacked some of the weirder games from it's predecessor.

Edit: I will also really really really miss Street Pass. Made my day on conventions :')

OP
OP

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have a backlog of at least a dozen games on the 3DS, most of them 50 hour long RPGs.

Probably my favorite Nintendo handheld of all time, RIP sweet prince.

Fosko

Oct 27, 2017
3DS has been pretty much dead since 2016, and before that it only got bad spin offs like the zelda and metroid multiplayer games.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
The 3DS was an amazing machine that I bought at it's launch. While I felt burned with the price cut after, it was still an amazing system with amazing games. I loved walking around school with my 3DS and having a load of people from StreetPass

RIP 3DS
giphy.gif

OP
OP

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
3DS has been pretty much dead since 2016, and before that it only got bad spin offs like the zelda and metroid multiplayer games.
Since 2016, 3DS has received (off the top of my head):
  • Dragon Quest VII
  • Dragon Quest VIII
  • Monster Hunter Generations
  • Pokemon Sun/Moon
  • Pokemon Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon
  • Shin Megami Tensei 4 Apocalypse
  • Radiant Historia
  • Strange Journey
  • Etrian Odyssey V
  • Etrian Odyssey Nexus
  • Persona Q2: New Cinema Labyrinth
  • Fire Emblem Fates
  • Fire Emblem Warriors
  • Fire Emblem Echoes
  • Metroid: Samus Returns
  • Luigi's Mansion
  • Yoshi and Poochy's Wooly World
  • Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn
  • Mario and Luigi: Paper Jam
  • Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga
  • Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
  • Ever Oasis
  • Minecraft
So, um... ???

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
That's just fine. i think Ever Oasis was my last wake up call. I picked it up, played for 90 minutes, and was just like "Nah, I can't do this anymore"

Aadiboy

Nov 4, 2017
It'll be interesting to see what Atlus does to replace the ports of games to 3DS.

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
Some of the shittiest hardware I've ever used but man, what a library. I was extremely late to the party (got mine in 2017!) but I still love it and have so much left I want to get through on it. I'll probably be similarly late in getting a Switch. I have my 3DS hacked to high hell and it's an amazing SNES machine, plus it also has so many of its own great games too.

HOUSEJoseph

Oct 27, 2017
There are actually 2 games from Japan that did not receive an international release: Theatrhythm Dragon Quest and Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 3. I wonder why these never came?

Mekanos

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 17, 2018
Some of the shittiest hardware I've ever used but man, what a library. I was extremely late to the party (got mine in 2017!) but I still love it and have so much left I want to get through on it. I'll probably be similarly late in getting a Switch. I have my 3DS hacked to high hell and it's an amazing SNES machine, plus it also has so many of its own great games too.

I'm considering hacking my old 3DS (I primarily used my New 2DS). How well does it run games like Final Fantasy VI? I tried running it on my PSP and battle loading lagged hard.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
It'll take me another decade to go through all the games I have on the system. I still play picross on the regular too

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
Since 2016, 3DS has received (off the top of my head):
  • Dragon Quest VII
  • Dragon Quest VIII
  • Monster Hunter Generations
  • Pokemon Sun/Moon
  • Pokemon Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon
  • Shin Megami Tensei 4 Apocalypse
  • Radiant Historia
  • Strange Journey