• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I was reminded of the musical track for Phendrana Drifts earlier today, and listened to it again.

And man did it inject in me the desire to replay these fucking games. Metroid Prime 2 in particular, since it's my favorite of the trilogy, and of all Metroid games.

Will 2021 finally be the year where Nintendo announces these remasters? 2022? Are we cursed to never get them? Releasing a remastered trilogy in the run-up to the release of Prime 4 seems to make a lot of sense to me.

Hopefully it happens.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to think they're just saving it for closer to MP4's release.

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
If you believe some of the supposed insiders, the Switch remasters are already done and Nintendo is just sitting on them waiting for MP4 to be closer to release.

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017
Insiders keep saying it will happen... But I think that's just an educated guess at best.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Supposedly they've been done. Probably just waiting for MP4's run-up period.

So 2029 or so.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
According to extremely reliable insiders they've actually had it ready on switch since 2018.

It probably was delayed along with prime 4

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Rumors say it's been complete for a long time, assumedly releasing at a strategic time around MP4. We'll see.

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, OP - just assume it's not coming...I know we've supposedly heard it's even finished and ready to go, but insiders have been wrong before.

P.S. I hope it happens too. I've been putting off a replay but at this point I've given up hope.

looprider

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I think so (hope so). Nintendo is probably holding it for the right time, maybe holiday release or before Metroid Prime 4 comes out.

PucePikmin

Apr 26, 2018
2021 is the 25th anniversary of Metroid, so think we're going to see a bunch of stuff next year (Prime Trilogy remasters, new 2D game, at least a trailer for Prime 4).

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
At this point I don't think it exists. It might have even came from the same insider as the one that leaked Star Fox Racing. LOL.

If we are to believe that it exists and it's been finished for years now, why the hell would Nintendo sit on it? That doesn't really make sense to me. They could release it now and charge $60 and since Nintendo games do not decrease in price it would still be $60 once we are closer to MP4 and more people want to replay the trilogy. So yeah, it's not real.

BigDaddyCool

Nov 29, 2020
I still have some hope. I've been itching to replay through the Prime Trilogy on my Wii U, but I'm holding out for a possible HD release on Switch. Also, I'd love to play them with conventional controls again as opposed to using the Wiimote.

Zeroth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
My hope is that with the Switch port just sitting and waiting to be released closer to MP4, the developers are doing extra stuff, like online MP for MP2 and HD assets

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
I hope so. Considering selling my copy of MP Trilogy for some extra change even though I'd like to replay those games still.

Oct 28, 2017
If it doesn't happen next year I give up

I already have.

Nintendo doesn't care about Metroid.

NN7J5DOFQNCQVLOAW7GC6B2X6I.jpg