• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
After checking out the demo for Tri-Strategy, I'm digging the art direction and design for the cast in this game so far.

Triangle-Strategy-Artwork-009.jpg

Triangle-Strategy-Artwork-006.jpg

Triangle-Strategy-Artwork-008.jpg

Triangle-Strategy-Artwork-004.jpg

There were other characters featured in the demo that don't have portrait art just yet, but I'm liking what I see so far.

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
Speaking of Elden Ring, I'm curious to hear thoughts of folks in here regarding Malenia's appearance in her 2nd phase.
It's not like she's sexualised or anything, but it's certainly an escalation.
Only very recently out so I'll refrain from digging up pics, but just something to keep in mind.

I think the flower wing is very nice, but losing the armor...is meh, and if they want to make angel like look, can still make the dress/robe that angel are usually seen with with leaf or just normal clothe under armor.

And they also have a fanservice outfit ingame.
It is rags that is for a religious type figure NPC
Although it is meant for a male NPC, but you still get it for clearing their quest and female chara can wear it too.

But alot of the strong boss are female knight and beside the valkryie, they are wearing armor and most of the armor are the same for both bodytype.

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
I've been playing roleplaying Ghost Recon Breakpoint (as basically two sisters sent to fix an island messed up by tech nerds by shooting private military contractors through the head) and it really helps to dilute the milbro feeling of the thing:

y4m0AmlWni5WrH3w2t-bcj4DlwTGzxuEGphA8cHUnK5py5O_Bc5lj9Am5X5f9OEViQ-KohLz4f17_Tsg2X1AAqsTT8Dhw1ysLi0rTK3fkHPippMunq-8T_j1eUlfbZH7e2RRoa8ohZ5U-pIu5omr3gLy-BMCk3CVgXCdutq06bYWVXpNZvJx-6xk_7GNYQwRgKW
Haha, this is a great idea to take the edge off. Is it worth playing? Wildlands didn't quite stick with me, no matter how I tried to spin it.

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
Speaking of Elden Ring, I'm curious to hear thoughts of folks in here regarding Malenia's appearance in her 2nd phase.
Only very recently out so I'll refrain from digging up pics, but just something to keep in mind.
It is cool that the superboss of the game is a badass female with a cool armor.

But then the 2nd phase appeared and I laughed. Game developers sometimes just can't help themselves.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017

Currently stuck on this maddening boss right now, the design is fine imo but that's for others to judge. Unless you're just against any form of nudity, she's still looks straight horrific. It's not like there aren't plenty of half-naked male boss dudes in these games. And when I eventually beat her I will be relieved.

God I hate this fight.

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Currently stuck on this maddening boss right now, the design is fine imo but that's for others to judge. Unless you're just against any form of nudity, she's still looks straight horrific. It's not like there aren't plenty of half-naked male boss dudes in these games. And when I eventually beat her I will be relieved.

God I hate this fight.
I gave up on that fight because of that spinning attack. I didn't find any way to dodge it when I was close (as I wasn't using a shield), and since I'm melee, I'm always close.

Oct 25, 2017
Sinking a shit load of time into Horizon Forbidden West and I'm loving all of the Mad Max shaven head women in it. Also Aloy looks great in Teknath armor with tribal tats.

Garulon

Jul 22, 2020
Haha, this is a great idea to take the edge off. Is it worth playing? Wildlands didn't quite stick with me, no matter how I tried to spin it.

I bounced off it a few times but no HUD immersive mode where you don't get a zillion icons on the screen and just rely on your eyes and ears has kind of obsessed me. It also helped with slimming the team down to me and Fury as you lose the feeling of the game just sort of playing itself. Hope this helps!

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
I bounced off it a few times but no HUD immersive mode where you don't get a zillion icons on the screen and just rely on your eyes and ears has kind of obsessed me. It also helped with slimming the team down to me and Fury as you lose the feeling of the game just sort of playing itself. Hope this helps!
Immersive mode sounds like the way to go. Also didn't know you could play with just one AI partner, so that's good to know. I'll keep it on the list for when in the mood for some dudebro. Thanks!

grand

Oct 25, 2017
I can't really be shocked since it was the same in the original, but Valkyrie Elysium is pulling the boob armor trope

W99M2aD.jpg

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I can't really be shocked since it was the same in the original, but Valkyrie Elysium is pulling the boob armor trope

W99M2aD.jpg

I....I don't hate it. It's tight and fitted, but my fear that it'd be even a little like the mobile game worried me.

And as far as sexy/cool Valkyrie armor goes, the darker knight has a cool look. Not terribly practical (it wouldn't be a JRPG unless), and not an especially super psoitive example for this thread...but eh I'm sorta digging the 'fantasy fashion' component..

0DBVFfS.png

heh searching for the above links, I found artwork by the same artist for this new game. Someone just likes tight chest armor. 🙄
vato-awakened-lenneth.jpg

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

I kinda loved it. 🔥 Both designs are unique and intimidating for very different reasons. If some feel it's "a bit much" or not wanna give it that benefit of the doubt, I understand that too, but I enjoy good ol' artistic nudity when/if it happens, heh.

Any time the game looks at her body it focuses on the scars first. Also her physique is super...normal. Fit. Lean. Falling apart.
Literally angelic and kind of (therefore?) androgynous. Any part of her that could be considered appealing (i.e. sexual) is...covered in scar tissue. :/

It's wonderfully scary, eerie, and beautifully captured in game. It's very overt, which can be strange, but I think lends well to her sorta final fight and "rebirth".

elden-ring-malenia-phase-1-3.jpg
Elden-Ring-2022.02.27-10.47.48.75-Malenia-Boss.mp4_000702576-1024x576.jpg

The scenes look like they're out of some crazy ass renaissance painting 🔥 🍁

Last edited:

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Personally really love that design, i don't feel it's sexualised and it still looks badass and eerie in some way, also nice to see wide shoulders like that, you don't see that much

i just beat her like 2 hours ago, after many hours of trying! I refused to do it with summons

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
Thanks all for the replies. All her clothes/armour coming off (except her prosthetics obviously) feels a bit overt when male characters don't get quite the same treatment in their second phases, but I agree that the design itself is very cool and more wondrous/disturbing than appealing in any way. The "religious rags" outfit mentioned above is probably the more egregious offender in the game, but at least it's in the vast minority and can be equipped by both body types.

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
Too busy being unable to figure out how to dodge that one attack and dying to look at the design in game.

But yeah, I'd agree its not exactly sexualized. It hits a different note than say... The Boss in MGS3, despite showing more skin.

esserius

Oct 26, 2017
Too busy being unable to figure out how to dodge that one attack and dying to look at the design in game.

But yeah, I'd agree its not exactly sexualized. It hits a different note than say... The Boss in MGS3, despite showing more skin.
You have to run away from the first half of it and then dodge into the second half of it. There are vids on how to do it. You can technically dodge the whole thing but it's a lot harder.

Alternatively if you have a chonky shield (70+ guard boost) you can just tank the hit. If you have the fingerprint stone shield you can guard against all of her attacks except her grab.

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
You have to run away from the first half of it and then dodge into the second half of it. There are vids on how to do it. You can technically dodge the whole thing but it's a lot harder.

Alternatively if you have a chonky shield (70+ guard boost) you can just tank the hit. If you have the fingerprint stone shield you can guard against all of her attacks except her grab.

I have been playing the whole game without a shield, trying to not break that now though I am getting there on this fight. I don't have the strength for a very good one though. I'll try what you suggested with the run back and dodge in. I do like that all I said was "that one attack" and it was immediately clear which one I meant with that fight.

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
User banned (3 days): posting open spoilers for a recently released game in a totally unrelated thread, doing this multiple times
Fun fact: all the Black Knife Assassin's are women in Elden Ring.

maxresdefault.jpg
assassin1.jpg

elden-ring-spirit-ash-summons-alecto.jpg

So are alot of the strong summons and enemy knight too,
Summons
Jellyfish Aurelia - probabely the first one that player get
Latenna the Albinauric - Archer
Perfurmer Tricia - Healer and mage
Lhutel The headless - Probabely the first or second "hero" unit that player get and really strong
Cleanrot Knight Finlay - Really strong summon that can deal Scarlet Rot damage
Black knife Tiche - Summon that can deal bleed damage

Enemy also have

Crucible Knight Siluria

and Loretta

Last edited by a moderator:

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Default Malenia with the golden prosthetic arm is one of the best character designs in the game. Phase 2 looked more like a Final Fantasy boss.
Also really like Ranni's design with the giant glowy hat and four arms.

Last edited:

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth

Normal way of dodging the big move

But for dodging it, basicly, there is a tempo for it for both phase.
And no using stomp, bleed or summon, I think learning tempo and not being greedy
But for me, it's more of a tempo, and wearing all defensive up gear(Physical defense)

It's more of a temple, in Phase 1, roll toward her, here you can see the first hit didn't time correctly, so got hit.
So when she float up, wait one tempo, then dodge, same with each of the other hit in her waza.

So float up, wait, dodge, then waza dance 1 finish, then roll again, dance 2, then roll.
zrpgk00.gif

Phase 2 can be more...confusing, don't be aggresive and don't attack after the flower, you might be able to survive the flower, but you can't take one more hit after.
And also after the flower move, 2 reason not to go attack
1. She has defense buff, so hit deals less damage
2. She can do her sword dance waza immediately after the lower.

And she is also very aggresive in the second phase, trying to get close, so bait her to do a big smash on the ground, then immediately go in for one hit or a jump hit if using heavy weapon, and high chance to stun her so you can roll away and repeat.
V47PuEZ.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

esserius

Oct 26, 2017
SilentPanda please put your post in a spoiler.

I have been playing the whole game without a shield, trying to not break that now though I am getting there on this fight. I don't have the strength for a very good one though. I'll try what you suggested with the run back and dodge in. I do like that all I said was "that one attack" and it was immediately clear which one I meant with that fight.
lol, indeed.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Jesus christ this thread is now an Elden Ring spoiler minefield huh? Posting all that shit untagged. Well, I'm out.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Yo the next time my Spirit Ashes are used to summon me to this thread to see some Elden Ring spoilers in posts that got reported that I HAVEN'T SEEN YET, there will be blood.

This is not the Elden Ring spoiler discussion thread. Go over there and @ someone if you want to talk to them about deep specifics of the game. Please.

Dragmire

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I was pleasantly surprised to see that everyone in Chaos Bullshit wear the same style of armor.

So far I've yet to see the women of the party with gear featuring gaps, boob armor, or lack of pants.

Stranger-of-Paradise-the-whole-team.jpg

Multiplayer_02.png

Note the Neon and Jack are wearing the same outfit.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I was pleasantly surprised to see that everyone in Chaos Bullshit wear the same style of armor.

So far I've yet to see the women of the party with gear featuring gaps, boob armor, or lack of pants.

Multiplayer_02.png

The bummer for me is that if you play as Neon in co-op, she gets booted down to this weird white tank top that looks really out of character for her.

Dragmire

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The bummer for me is that if you play as Neon in co-op, she gets booted down to this weird white tank top that looks really out of character for her.
In the demo when I just optimized her outfit for the early moments that was her top. But after that it was normal for me. Never tried co op

Her default bandage outfit is bad though.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
In the demo when I just optimized her outfit for the early moments that was her top. But after that it was normal for me. Never tried co op

Her default bandage outfit is bad though.

Maybe it defaults to the tank top in co-op whenever your Jack has armor on that Neon can't equip, so it doesn't have an outfit to put her in.

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México

Multiplayer_02.png

The magic of having all outfits be designed for a male character in mind and simply put on other characters since it's the same equipment.

Maybe it defaults to the tank top in co-op whenever your Jack has armor on that Neon can't equip, so it doesn't have an outfit to put her in.
The party members, allegedly, take the visuals they had for the host and don't change, regardless of what armours you equip.

masaa

Oct 27, 2017
France
Been lurking for a while here, and having finished Library of Ruina recently (which ended up being my favorite game from last year), I wanted to share the designs of Project Moon (South Korean devs), who have made Lobotomy Corporation, Library of Ruina and are now working on Limbus Company.

These games are a bit hard to recommend, because they are very hardcore gameplay-wise, play completely differently and set in the same universe so it's preferable to play them in order to get the full experience.

Lobotomy Corporation (The game is set in a corporation where you extract energy from abnormalities, often resulting in the harm/death of you employees)
To be honest, the art in this game wasn't much too talk about, but I figured I'd preface with it.

0i9j3t.png

Consisting of Angela (your secretary) and the sephirah who each direct a branch of the company.
Gebura (red character) is slightly bad I suppose, but she gets a pretty good update in Ruina.

Library of Ruina (Same universe, expands on the lore of the city. Lots of cyberpunk influence which include body modifications and might explain some of the weird stuff you'll see below)
Ruina gets a major boost art-wise. Your main cast is largely the same as the previous game with the main protagonist being Angela and the newly added Roland.

18ykgr.png

Angela, Roland and the sephirah who are now librarians, so their outfit match their new occupation.

Now what is interesting is that every enemy you encounter has a portrait. I've compiled most of the female ones and overall, they're all pretty good looking.

23wk2m.png

3gwkt8.png

The last batch are end-game enemies so I'm hiding them behind another layer of spoiler if you're wary of them. Be warned :
4cujz1.png
There are a few more I didn't include due to the lack of space but feel free to look at them in the wiki :
https://library-of-ruina.fandom.com/wiki/Characters

Limbus Company (The game isn't released yet, but characters informations have already been released on their website and they still look great. So I'm cautiously excited for it despite its original release being planned for mobile.)
5gmkux.png

Mmmmkay

Banned
Jan 8, 2018
Anyone going to bring up how Testament is confirmed as agender and goes by they/them?
latest

There-s-a-new-Testament-in-the-city-Guilty-Gear-Strive-is-a-final-season-long-DLC-character.jpeg

Last edited: