• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's a fucking terrible movie (it can be very grateful to Chicken Little that it's not the worst movie that WDAS ever put out), but this is a viscerally repellent video title.

dem

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Ralph 2 is meh..

Frozen 2 is... ridiculously bad. I can't believe Disney gave that the go ahead. That was one of those Disney straight to video garbage sequels.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Down Under is not as good as the original, but both Rescuers films were childhood favorites of mine.

Also was not aware that the Wreck-It Ralph sequel had such a poor reputation, this video aside. I really liked the original but never got around to seeing that second one.

Manu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I'm pretty sure it's the same guy because it fits how he titles his videos and I know he was very critical of TLJ before TROS released which lead him to revisit the movie and be less critical about it, but apparently the video doesn't exist anymore (or never did? idk)
You're probably thinking of Filmento which is a terrible channel and like half of their thumbnails have FAILURE in ALL CAPS RED LETTERS.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I hated the amount of blatant product pacements. There were so many movies this generation like this to just reference other properties, products, or shit that's there to laugh at recent memes... it's so weird. So much takes time from the story to make bullshit references; it's baffling.

Video is spot on.

Surakian

Shinra Employee
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
They should have stuck to video games, strictly using the internet as a pathway for mobile games and console games.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, did he just unironically use that clip of Knuckles mansplaining feminism to dunk on Disney's faux wokeness

Cross

Oct 25, 2017
It's worse then the original but It's still far from beign a "cinematic disaster". We all know why he chose that title, gotta keep those clicks coming.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Disney should just stop making animated sequels tbh lol
Meanwhile with Frozen 2:
ba820577b9dc66c7808267a3fac601db.png

Also peak Toy Story 4

Dec 31, 2017
Love the first. This was the most disappointing movie in a very long time. . Highlighted all the more when The Lego Movie 2 came out shortly afterward and was just as good as the first.

The Jumanji sequel handled videogames better. It also handled friendships changing and deteriorating better and with more heart and subtlety.

Deleted member 4614

Oct 25, 2017
Love the first. This was the most disappointing movie in a very long time. . Highlighted all the more when The Lego Movie 2 came out shortly afterward and was just as good as the first.

The Jumanji sequel handled videogames better. It also handled friendships changing and deteriorating better and with more heart and subtlety.

Wait the Jumanji movies are worth the while?

Dec 31, 2017

boomroasted

Oct 25, 2017
It's not as good as the first. But my 3 year old loves it and I don't mind it so yea.

I can't help but cackle that someone thought it was necessary to post a 40 minute critique of a kids movie labeling it a cinematic disaster.

Nightbird

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Oh that video existed all right

It never left my recommended feed

Glad I wasn't imagining things haha

You're probably thinking of Filmento which is a terrible channel and like half of their thumbnails have FAILURE in ALL CAPS RED LETTERS.

I don't know that Youtuber. So I doubt that it was one of their videos. But glad to know their Modus operandi so I can avoid them in the future

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Ralph 2 sucked asss

But the title reminded me of that guy that called The Last Jedi a COMPLETE CINEMATIC FAILURE
I'm pretty sure it's the same guy because it fits how he titles his videos and I know he was very critical of TLJ before TROS released which lead him to revisit the movie and be less critical about it, but apparently the video doesn't exist anymore (or never did? idk)
Oh that video existed all right

It never left my recommended feed
You're thinking of one by another interchangeable youtube "critic".

5E5lf8X.png

They're all the fucking same though.

Rackham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not watching but I didn't like the movie. Was very boring and full of cringe. I did not see the first one.

Agent Unknown

Oct 26, 2017
Loved the first Wreck it Ralph, had zero interest in the second as soon as I heard it was an internet meme/web reference driven movie, still haven't seen it and doubt I ever will. Regardless of whether or not it's a kids movie, the concept is just bland and cynical in comparison to the first which makes it instantly dated. Will the kids who laughed at it now still want to watch it when they're older and will their own kids find it relevant? I can think of plenty of contemporary themed movies and shows I liked as a kid that were a lot of fun at the time but are just super cringey now and almost impossible to go back to (hello, Fern Gully and Oliver and Company, haha). Just hand waving it away as "Oh well, it was a flick my kids enjoyed" just goes hand in hand in how it's a throwaway concept that won't age well which does a great disservice to the timeless appeal of the first movie's theme. Disney animation in general should be aiming higher than this movie, save this kind of stuff for Emoji Movie market.

Last edited:

Twstr709

Oct 27, 2017
Man this was so disappointing after coming off how good the first was. Princesses were the only highlight.

Antoo

May 1, 2019
Movie is incredible and I loved it. It's very weird and silly with stuff like musical numbers and crazy visual gags. It gets the characters right and is an actual kids movie which GOES THERE and commits to its themes. Yeah, the movie is surprisingly touching and addresses an issue most films let alone kids movies don't bother to talk about.

The movie chooses character above all. The fetch quest plot is dropped in the first act and the movie becomes a deeper exploration of what friendship. People who call the movie lazy and unoriginal have no idea what they are talking about in my opinion. The quest for the MacGuffin in the internet world is solved in act one. The movie doesn't solely rely on cheap internet gags at all!

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
The only part of this movie that mattered was the Disney Princesses scene. Possibly the most important scene in Disney history lol

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad this dude touched on the ridiculousness of Ralph's behavior and how annoying it was that the film was trying to make you feel sorry for him, because I had that complaint right out of the gate.

Oct 25, 2017
The first one was great, so the second one was quite disappointing. Felt like they didn't get what made the first one work.

It also has a terrifying sequence in the end that they really didn't think through.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
I know I've seen the second one, but I can't for the life of me remember what happens in it. And I freaking loved the first one.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Thought this was another one of those cringe SQW geek YouTube critics but he didn't shit on The Last Jedi and mostly sticks to animated movies. There are so many of these!

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
I mean the video has a lot of good points lol. Film has a ton of problems unfortunately

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I enjoyed the movie. It wasn't as fresh as the original, but it certainly wasn't a disaster.
I dont know if you need 40 minutes to say Ralph acts like a creepy possessive asshole on some Buffallo Bill shit and it's not called out
I think a lot of the hate the movie gets comes from the brief moment of unwanted self-awareness it gave some of those viewers.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Down Under is not as good as the original, but both Rescuers films were childhood favorites of mine.

Also was not aware that the Wreck-It Ralph sequel had such a poor reputation, this video aside. I really liked the original but never got around to seeing that second one.

It's not bad. Just not as good as the original.

But hell, it's worth it for the Princess action sequence at the end.