• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well it's a bullshit ability and barely explained. Are there any limits in terms of speed and range? What does it even exactly do?

YYQaFBJ.png

nded

Nov 14, 2017
Sounds unbeatable, so I'll say Arale. If anyone can instantly kill Giorno without intending to or cause him to kill himself, it's her.

TwinBahamut

Jun 8, 2018
The True Sacred Rahxephon from the Rahxephon anime would likely be able to do it. It destroys, rebuilds, and rewrites reality with its power to "Tune the World." Just as importantly, it does so without animosity or desire to cause harm. As such, it could theoretically rewrite the world such that GER no longer exists without actually triggering GER. And it would probably change the events of JoJo Part 4 so that everyone got to live happier and more peaceful lives in the process.

Finaika

Dec 11, 2017
That one anime robot that can beat Cthulhu and is bigger than infinity or some shit.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
But then it just reverts said actions back to zero anyway. I am not sure if it would die if Giorno dies.
Giving Jordy the gun and telling him to kill Giorno will nullify GER's ability to sense his intent and Alucard is alive for as long as he believes he is which kinda cancels out the death loop.

I'd assume if Giorno died, GER would die too. Even self-aware Stands require a user.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
Giving Jordy the gun and telling him to kill Giorno will nullify GER's ability to sense his intent and Alucard is alive for as long as he believes he is which kinda cancels out the death loop.

I'd assume if Giorno died, GER would die too. Even self-aware Stands require a user.

Now this is an area I have no idea how GER would work since it would logically activate itself even before Giorno gets hit since it could tell he is i danger.
Also NBIG was able to function when its user was dead.

Rosé Fighter

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 23, 2019

Chariot Requiem
lives and operates on its own though

Also GER says to Diavolo that he operates independently from Giorno

so even if Giorno were to die, GER would probably still exist

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Now this is an area I have no idea how GER would work since it would logically activate itself even before Giorno gets hit since it could tell he is i danger.
Also NBIG was able to function when its user was dead.
Chariot Requiem
lives and operates on its own though

In that case GER would have to do it the old fashioned way if it requires intent to work

And true, but Stands being what they are, if we're assuming killing Giorno won't end the fight then it kinda negates the point of asking who in anime could beat GER since you generally need a stand to fight a stand and 99% of people would have to go after the user

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Couldnt Kira write an accident into the Death Note?

Also If Full Wormage Aizen sets the illusion wouldnt GER be unable to detect that Aizen has killing intent or whatever. Aziens shikai by itself isnt actually an attack so GER wouldnt activate then depending on the laws of the fight GER might activate for an illusion like Spidey Sense to Mysterio.......
Also Aizens ability completely hypnotizes the target.....all senses even "instinct" like senses are fooled.
With that in mind couldnt Aizen then trick Giorno or GER into attacking the other?

Medaka - Because she is just broken. And would be able to use GER better than GER could.

DarKaoZ

Oct 25, 2017
Couldn't a Shinigami from Death Note kill him?

Or Eri from My hero Academia, she will activate her quirk without a intention to inflict damage, making GER not react to her?

Dunno, GER is kinda OP.

TwinBahamut

Jun 8, 2018
That one anime robot that can beat Cthulhu and is bigger than infinity or some shit.
That would be Elder God Demonbane, the ultimate "I win" button in these kinds of things.

But on the subject of godlike super robots, Aquarion from the franchise of the same name would at least have a chance. That machine has a remarkable disregard for physics and logic. The Aquarion AO's main attack, "Infinte Hand of the Buddha," reverses causality to hit before it attacks using an infinte number of arms. And Aquarion Logos... well, it is kind of hard to summarize in a forum post, but is just so weird that it could probably escape GER's effects.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like people saying TTGL couldn't defeat GER don't really get the point that Spiral Energy is basically bull shit made reality. You'd just get the ability to break free from GER if you were hot blooded enough, that's the entire point!

Rosé Fighter

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 23, 2019
Now that I think about it probably Kurama with that one life force sucking tree. He would accidentally slip it on giorno, apologize, then accidentally release the mist to make the tree grow and suck on Giorno while he imagines everything is fine. And the stand too, fuck it. If its a fight where things outside a stand can affect it. Because the tree has no intent as it has no sentience, GER wouldnt activate.

And because Kurama is super intelligent, he'd quickly figure out that "intent" was the key

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
In that case GER would have to do it the old fashioned way if it requires intent to work

And true, but Stands being what they are, if we're assuming killing Giorno won't end the fight then it kinda negates the point of asking who in anime could beat GER since you generally need a stand to fight a stand and 99% of people would have to go after the user

God can you picture GER just going berserk like CR?

Madao

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Panama
i wonder if GER could be trapped inside Superfly from Part 4 or if the alley would drag it away.

tsampikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It activated during an attack that took place during erased time

It bends causality and rewrites reality to Giornos favor

If you can attack him you already met the qualifications to be countered

He doesn't have to be aware of it

Nah, TTGL straight up got god level abilities in that final episode. Like,
literally creating matter at will and altering probabilities across alternate universes.
Shit got fucking wild and beyond anything that Requiem could do.

Ger created an infinite amount of alternate realities.

Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018
Didn't Pucci with Maiden Heaven essentially bypass and, by extension, eliminate Giorno and GER by fast fowarding reality and creating several new universes in the process? Unless GER perdicted this and protected themselves and Giorno somehow.

Timelord19

One Winged Slayer
Aug 21, 2018
Mallorca, Spain
As people said, Kumagawa and Medaka would do it, because the powers of Medaka Box are bullshit. That series had a girl with the power to open all of the wounds (physical and psychological) you have suffered in your life AT ONCE.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
So bullshit it is then. But even then Lelouch or anyone who could cause you to kill yourself would win. Or does that also count as an attack

Or instead of focussing on killing or beating him we could think of ways to just render him useless. Like for example an ability like Boa Hancocks that makes him fall in love with her. A way to make him fall asleep. Or other ways that would not harm but make him useless.

Someone who could create copies of people or copy abilities themself would also have a shot. Though that might just end in a stalement where neither can win. Same goes for any reality warper being mentioned.

Last edited:

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
Not from anime but since GER's ability is basically Darkseid's Omega Sanction, Mister Miracle or Batman already got out of it so they could have a shot at beating Giorno.

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
5088192-zxc.jpg

Demonbane, the reality/causality/time manipulator.

EDIT: Ah it's been mentioned. Still ridiculous.

3119705-3117274-7283424022-demon.jpg

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
Yea and it would lose against GER. It'd have to be something that erases abilities, tho technically you Made in Heaven should have aged That universes Giorno.

Did he still have it after the fight? I always the arrow dropping was a sign GE reverted back to it's original form.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't the whole point of GER is that it's unstoppable? Like doesn't it just negate any action an enemy takes against Giorno?

That's a no-limits fallacy. Sure, within JJBA it's unstoppable, but as with all abilities in a franchise it can only be scaled so far. If we consider Gold Experience Requiem to be a multiversal power, then anyone higher than that - like Kaminogi Haruka for example - won't be affected by it or will be able to break out of its effect.

Given how the Stands themselves are the power and the Stand users themselves are still very much normal humans, too, if you can overcome the Stand's power then they're totally fucked.

Oct 25, 2017
people are missing the part where it crushes your will and intent alongside your actual attacks. remember how broken Diabolo became after the ger attack compared to his unbreakable resolve before it?

also all fiction is a tie and best U morons did we read the same manga.

Nov 17, 2017
Gold Experience Requiem is an ability that can rewrite reality to set an opponent's actions to "zero."
The manga is a bit vague about it and it may be able to do more than that, but it nullifies the villain's attacks/effects so that no matter what they do the result never happens. When the main villain reaches his goal time reverses to beforehand and what happens changes. When he gets hit his life gets set to zero, causing him to die and wake up in another situation where he dies, over and over for eternity.
Not gonna lie, that sounds really dumb.

Oct 29, 2017
Just because JoJo follows its own rules doesn't mean we can ignore the fact that anime characters constantly win battles that they shouldn't have.

A strong enough character would simply break out of it, because there's a point in anime when a character gets strong enough that they can simply use their unmeasurable will, anger, or the power of friendship, etc to break the rules of their universe.

A character from a show or manga with little to no respect for rules shouldn't be stopped by the more strict rules from another property.

Last edited: