• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

LookAtMeGo

Oct 25, 2017
a parallel universe
Pretty much. No where near a situation like this article by Tim Wise:
Damn. Just read the whole article. Shits deep. My mom is getting on in age. She doesn't have a degenerative disease like maw maw in that story (I dont think anyway) but I even notice it with her lately. She doesn't have a filter. Just says things sometimes that pop in her head without giving it a proper thought. Not dropping the N word or anything like that but still ignorant. That shit is ingrained.

Good article.

Deleted member 19218

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I never came across someone who was autistic and racist but I did once do some volunteer work at the National Autistic Society over in London and I have seen people exhibit behaviour that they can't control from a guy with aspergers casually asking strangers for sex to a teenager with severe autism who had to wear a helmet because he couldn't stop punching himself in the head. We even had someone who had been known to attack others without provocation.

Everyone seemed to be affected by autism differently because everyone had challenges unique to just them.

The same might apply for this guy, I doubt it though and i think its more likely hes just using aspergers as an excuse but after seeing how everyone dogpiled on Etika and it turned out that the guy genuinely had some hardships I'm hesitant to take these kinds of threads at face value anymore and quite frankly it's kind of sad people arn't questioning "is this possible?" but rather just doing drive by shit posting to say nasty things and then bail out of the topic.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017
I never came across someone who was autistic and racist but I did once do some volunteer work at the National Autistic Society over in London and I have seen people exhibit behaviour that they can't control from a guy with aspergers casually asking strangers for sex to a teenager with severe autism who had to wear a helmet because he couldn't stop punching himself in the head. We even had someone who had been known to attack others without provocation.

Everyone seemed to be affected by autism differently because everyone had challenges unique to just them.

The same might apply for this guy, I doubt it though and i think its more likely hes just using aspergers as an excuse but after seeing how everyone dogpiled on Etika and it turned out that the guy genuinely had some hardships I'm hesitant to take these kinds of threads at face value anymore and quite frankly it's kind of sad people arn't questioning "is this possible?" but rather just doing drive by shit posting to say nasty things and then bail out of the topic.
Thoughtful post but have you seen the tweets he's posted before? He's made comments about Jewish people and black people that would indicate he's racist.

I would buy that the Autism made him have this sense of right and wrong and why he followed them but he is also a racist.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma

His other tweets tell me he's just a racist. I could maybe understand him not knowing right or wrong, but he's still a racist.

Roygbiv95

Alt account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
Didn't see this footage posted yet...

This dude was literally a public figure known for causing trouble by bringing google glass into any and every establishment as much as possible regardless of anyone's comfort. His reason for being a jr cop and making these women at the pool uncomfortable? In his words: "glass wear is not allowed at the pool." LMAO get this honker outta here

Last edited:

Laserdisk

Banned
May 11, 2018
UK
Autism can often manifest in being overly anal and falling into very strict and rote patterns for living life, so that part actually isn't that far-fetched. The reason it falls apart is because he has past behaviour showing this is probably more him being a bigot and using autism as an excuse.
Yep, my nephew is very like this.
But this guy is scum.

Gavin Stevens

Team Blur Games
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Telford, Shropshire
Spent several years of my leaving teaching autistic kids and people with special needs, of all ages.

Never once did I meet one that was racist because of it. Not once. Closest I probably got was a few melt downs because "girls" were in the room.

I did however meet a lot of little shits and idiots who didn't have autism or anything of the sort, who felt the need to be racist however. Just normal every day idiots.

Funny that.

Minx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Illinois
I can't stand people like this. Why would you call the police for this issue. These women weren't breaking any laws. The apartment complex having a rule about glassware near the pool that is on private property is not enforceable in any way. Unfortunately police still generally have to respond. Dude deserved to be shamed.

Deleted member 3812

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
WTF... FFS... As a person who has Asperger's, fuck this guy!!!! WUSA 9 reports that this guy approached this group because they had glassware, WUSA 9 reported that they discovered that he has "a history of making racially-charged, anti-LGBTQ, and explicit posts on social media":

Nick Starr-Street said he both approached both groups of women because they were breaking pool rules by having glassware present.

"I'm autistic. I just see right and wrong," Nick Starr-Street explained. "I don't see race. I don't see gender. I don't see color. I don't see any of that."
He blamed his autism diagnosis for the reason he was compelled to call police.

"I think because of the way that my mind works, I don't always click with other people," Starr-Street said. "I don't understand when people get upset over the things that I say or do. To me, that's just how I feel."

This is not the first time Starr-Street has been at the center of a social media firestorm and controversy.

WUSA9 discovered Starr-Street has a history of making racially-charged, anti-LGBTQ, and explicit posts on social media.

Deleted member 3812

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He's bigoted according to WUSA9:

790260d3-7b22-4c72-b651-f56d4f159550_750x422.png

This is not the first time Starr-Street has been at the center of a social media firestorm and controversy.
In 2016, he made an insensitive comment to a popular drag queen on Twitter days after the deadly mass shooting at Pulse Nightclub.

The tweet read, "Seriously @RoxxxyAndrews? Isn't she a has-been not a star? Where her people at? I thought they were all shot."
He later apologized for the comment.
WUSA9 discovered Starr-Street has a history of making racially-charged, anti-LGBTQ, and explicit posts on social media.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
He has a verified mark. Who the hell is he? I've tried looking but he just seems like some random dude, so I don't know how he could be verified.
Don't you just have to contact Twitter and pay some money if you really want the checkmark? I've heard people on reality shows talk about it like that's all you have to do. Sounds like something a hateful white person would do for some clout.

Fuck this guy, black women have it so hard as it is.

Deleted member 3812

Banned
Oct 25, 2017