• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zolbrod

Oct 27, 2017
Osaka, Japan
Video game music is pretty much all I listen to, so this is a tough question to answer, but I'm thinking maybe Shadow the Hedgehog? Purely because I listened to the OST a LOT but I've never actually played the game.

Edit: I'm happy to see so many people say Xenoblade but I think I spent even more time playing the game than listening to the OST, lol

Last edited:
May 10, 2019
Most recent are these two,

Sekiro OST

Ace Combat 7 OST

Usually on rotation, Halo, Fable, MGS 1-5, FF9, Far Cry 5 and a few others.

Robaperas

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
Silent Hill 2/3 (I love them both, they're fantastic)
Einhänder
Hotline Miami
Cuphead
DiRT Rally
Doom (2016)
Undertale

Pascal

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
Undertale and both Nier games most likely. I've also been listening to the RDR2 soundtrack a good bit recently. Oh and Shadow of the Colossus as well.

Corine

Nov 8, 2017
Not an actual soundtrack but ever since the Digital Foundry video on A Plague Tale: Innocence I can't stop listening to the song Beyond the Horizon. Such an amazing song! They really used it great in the video also :)

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Several:
- Shadow of the Colossus
- The Last Guardian
- Xenoblade 1 and 2
- Nier Automata
- Ori

Astopolis

May 31, 2019
Zelda Breath of the Wild music.
It's very different from the rest. Less "pompier", more minimalist/Impressionist.

Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018
Man, I don't even know where to begin. Most of my playlist is tracks from games since the 4th Gen (SNES, Genesis). Right now, at least, it would have to be Nier Automata.

Kent

Jun 4, 2018
Really, it's gonna take this long for someone to bring up Jet Set Radio?

Jet Set Radio, followed by Jet Set Radio Future and The World Ends with You.

My most-used playlist is those mixed with Anarchy Reigns.

Deleted member 5086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pyre.

My friend was kind enough to gift me the vinyl, too. It's gorgeous.

pyre_vinyl_main_image_cd.png

R2RD

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 6, 2018
Anarchy reigns, I actually never played the game but I listened to the soundtrack a lot. If that doesn't count then Wipeout 64 soundtrack. I put that playlist every time I play the Omega collection.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Interestingly, I have never listened to a game's soundtrack outside of a game. Nothing in games ever appeals to me enough to do that.

Eppcetera

Mar 3, 2018
I'm not sure. I have some like the Chrono Cross and Shadow of the Colossus OSTs that I've listened to countless times, to the point where I stopped listening to them so much. I've done the same with some Final Fantasy tracks, as well, and with the original Nier's soundtrack (I've listened to the sequel's OST a lot, too, but it's newer so not as often yet). In the past two weeks, I can say with some certainty that I've listened to the Celeste OST more than anything else.

selo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
When driving to work/gym I vary between alt rock/videogame/Christian/anime music. When I do put on vg music I usually stick to
- Witcher
- Chrono trigger
- hotline Miami
- MegaMan X

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Kingdom Hearts 2 I guess. Its my favorite vg soundtrack. But I mean video game music is like my favorite music so I listen to a ton of games more than I plasy them.

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
Final Fantasy VI and Symphony of the Night. In my book, one of those two is the absolute best OST in the hobby. Just don't make me choose.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
Persona 4/P4G.

Others are FF8, Nier, Nier Automata, Persona 3, Persona 5, The Last of Us, Streets of Rage, the 16 bit Sonic games and several SMT games. Some other FF's as well but not nearly as much as FF8.