• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
It's probably Final Fantasy XIV, since I've bought all the expansions. I really don't spend very much on DLC. When I do buy it, I tend to wait until a season pass will go on sale for quite cheap.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure which is on top, but it's either Rock Band or Pinball Arcade. The former because I bought at least two albums and assorted songs back in the day, and the latter because of all the Bally and Williams tables being taken down due to licensing. I think I bought everything just before the takedown deadline.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
I bought all the DLC for Theatrhythm Final Fantasy AND Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call

Except for Real Emotion because I got into the game after the rights expired :(

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
DJMAX Respect. Bought every single pack, not counting the "unlock everything" DLC. Total is like $160 plus 6% tax....so just under $170 with tax.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Rainbow Six Siege. I bought every Elite skin, every Pro League skin, and each and every event cosmetic I could buy.

The game deserve all the support I can give it. Been playing it for almost 5 years.

Oct 31, 2017
Probably Team Fortress 2 since during a couple halloween events I didn't have time to play so I just bought everything. Overwatch may be close with all the times I dropped money on event boxes on a whim or again was too busy with work to thoroughly play an event.

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
Dissidia 012. I was buying every single costume, music track, etc week after week. In the end the only thing that stopped me was when PSN got hacked and Sony took the entire service down, interrupting the regular distribution of DLC from S-E for an extended period of time and I finally stopped playing the game.

Patapuf

Oct 26, 2017
Hearthstone, if you count buying packs as DLC.

I've also bought everything for Total Warhammer 2, which is probably the most non-microtransaction DLC i've ever bought.

For the most part no regrets, though compared to propper DLC, card pack are definetly not as long lasting. With regular set rotations and everything.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Between three character passes, Kage, the Summer 2019 character pack, four CPT packs, the occasional costume, & the CE Upgrade Kit, Street Fighter V.

AppleKid

Feb 21, 2018
I think it's Smash Ultimate unless all character DLC + 64 stages in Smash 4 cost more than the two fighter passes (got Mewtwo for free and did at least one bundle swap with a 3DS player)

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Fucking civilization 5 and 6. Still waiting for a sales for the lastest expansion for 6

KorrZ

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Either Crusader Kings 2 or Europa Universalis 4. Both have an insane amount of DLC and I own pretty much all of it.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Definitely Smite or the Rock Band franchise (so not a single game).

Spent ridiculous amounts on Smite skins and stuff over the 7 years I've been playing it. I've got about 500 songs on my Rock Band account.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Oh easy, Sims 4. You'll spend hundreds of dollars to get the whole damn thing.
(But it's worth it. You basically get.... 100000 times more content ? It's crazy)

Also the game I've spent most TIME playing its dlc. Totally worth it for me.

Oct 28, 2017
No an MMO or online gamer by and large, have played my fair share of BR games but never really bought into cosmetics. Played Dota for 1k+ hours though, have definitely put money into plenty of compendiums and the like, but I'd say I made all that money back by selling all the cosmetics down the line.

The Civilization games are the first thing that came to mind for "DLC" purchases. Goddam devs releasing the 'lite' version of their games at launch and then you've gotta buy the rest of the features as they complete them. I swear the only reason they get away with their shenanigans is because their games are so damn good.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Total War Warhammer and Total War Warhammer 2. When they announce a DLC I buy it automatically

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
If we also include MTX, it's League of Legends and it's not even close. It is an obscene sum by any definition thereof. And I don't even play it anymore (thankfully). If we're just talking about extra content for games, probably Destiny 2. By the time I get around to DLC, it's usually on sale.

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
Hearthstone, couple of hundred on packs, expansions and adventures over 6ish years.

I'm now basically F2P because the economy and cost of trying to stay competitive is so much ludicrously higher than it used to be. Also Blizzard's actions and ethics as of late are not something I feel comfortable paying in to.

Peek-a-boo!

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
Groove Coaster on my iPad several years back.

Those extra songs were certainly worthwhile though!

Think I also paid for two or maybe three (am a little bit embarrassed to admit this) gold bags on the very first Infinity Blade (by the developers of the rather superb 'Shadow Complex'), as I was really struggling to go toe-to-toe with the God King with my fairly feeble weapon that was upgraded much quicker, thanks to buying those 💰.

the first groove coaster on ios

Pleased to another person of taste ... 🎢

Pirateluigi

Oct 27, 2017
Hearthstone and it's not even particularly close. Easily hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars through all of the new content, adventure modes, and packs.

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
Crusader Kings 2. around 35-40€ at launch for the game and I think more than 100€ in the last 8 years in DLC.

Completely worth it.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
Rock Band. I've accumulated a pretty decent library over the years.
Hearthstone has been expensive, too. Still enjoying it though.