• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
Pokemon Snap and modern take on Pokemon Ranger. Pokemon needs more adventure games without rpg mechanics.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
A MD game like the GBA and DS ones would be freaking sweet - hated the 3DS game with it's ugly 3D graphics....on Switch though ? Sign me up.

These games were incredible charming.

SonicRift

Oct 27, 2017
I just want the Pokemon TCG game brought to a Nintendo system. I play that a lot on my iPad but would love a Switch version.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Give me a Pokémon Age of Empires game. I wanna charge my Mudsdale army over enemy Heliolisks! And have naval battles auth Wailords and Whiscashes. Maybe some wonder building too: Lumiose Tower, Power Plant, Olivine Lighthouse...

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Pokémon For People Who Grew Up

an all new spin off where the games get better every time and there are difficulty options and good writing

I'll also take a new mystery dungeon or VC releases of Emerald or any DS games

AlecKoKuTan

Oct 29, 2017
Irvine, CA
I'd be down for more Fighters, Pokken 2, whatever. I doubt a direct is going to show any other spin-offs that aren't mobile games. I doubt they're going to announce any remakes anytime soon, I might be over traditional pokemon games after these last two. A dream come true would be a Pokemon Monster Hunter style game, but that'll never happen..... I'll take Puzzle League/Panel de pon though.

Adathir

Oct 25, 2017
Pokemon Snap is what I have wanted for the past 4 console generations. If it can't be that then I would be fine with a new Pokemon Puzzle League.

TrishaCat

Oct 26, 2017
United States
oh wow that's actually pretty dark. Yeah I didn't make it too far. I think I stopped playing shortly after meeting up with Ampharos and joining the expedition society.
Ah yeah
If you play just a *little* farther the story should get going. Its worth it, but the game does have an abysmally slow start. >.<
Ampharos is pretty rad though; you'll get to see him do his thing later.
That end-game dungeon music too is, well

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I am STILL amazed we never got a Pokemon Snap 2.

While I will absolutely play a new one, the fact they never did one for the Wii U - which almost seemed DESIGNED for it - will forever blow my mind.

Paper Wario

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
What exactly do people want from a hypothetical sequel to Pokemon Snap? Is the desire mostly out of nostalgia? Pokemon Snap 2 really does not do anything to excite me.

Smartlord

Oct 27, 2017
My wishlist, even though I'm expecting neither, would be:

-Full Switch sequel or remaster to the Gamecube games by Genius Sonority (Colosseum, XD)
-New Mystery Dungeon game, would love some sort of connectivity to Home and the main series for the first time

With Home, I fully expect more connectivity to the main series in the future. Would add a lot of value for fans. When I was young I always wished I could transfer Pokemon to and from my DS Mystery Dungeon games to the main series games on the same system.

Slamtastic

Oct 26, 2017
  • Snap 2
  • Another single player TCG RPG
  • Another SRPG game, but not set in feudal Japan this time
  • The online TCG game ported to Switch
  • SwSh characters added to Pokemon Masters

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
Pokémon Snap could be fun if it's compatible with the Labo VR Camera.

I mean, the minigame for that thing is wildlife photography, so why not?

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I need a new Puzzle League, there wasn't one on 3DS/Wii U so they better make one for the Switch, I'm so thirsty I'd take a Pokémon Puzzle League 2.

Deleted member 32561

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
God I want Pokemon Snap 2 or Pokemon Conquest 2.
It won't be either of them. But I want it to be.

At the very least I want Nobunaga in Pokemon Masters, sorta Tecmo-Koei collab event...

SlumberingGiant

alt account
Banned
Jul 2, 2019
What exactly do people want from a hypothetical sequel to Pokemon Snap? Is the desire mostly out of nostalgia? Pokemon Snap 2 really does not do anything to excite me.
isn't really obvious? New levels based of later games with more pokemon. Online sharing/ranking functionality. edit photos with the touchscreen. There's, loads you could do with it.

Oct 27, 2017
Pokemon Snap, without a doubt. I know the Wii U was an utter failure but the Gamepad would have been such a good tool for replicating the camera. I'm still so sad it never happened.

I'd still play the heck out of a Switch version though.

Maxina

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Mystery Dungeon for sure. Wasn't a fan of Pokken, and Snap is just a meme. Heck, i'd take a Pokemon Conquest as well.

OP
OP
Lelouch0612

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
At the exception of Bandai with Pokken, I think the developper that has the most chance to work on a Pokemon spin-off is Koei Tecmo.

They have a great working relationship with Nintendo as we saw this year with MUA3 and Fire Emblem.

That would make a Pokémon Conquest 2 or Pokémon Builders more likely because of it.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would like to see a western-made spinoff. Like something by Next Level. A pipe dream though

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A Pokemon Action RPG with multiplayer coop
Pokken 2
Pokemon Conquest

None of that Mystery Dungeon or Snap crap.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
A Pokémon only adventure/collectahthon/platformers with 30 playable 'mons all with unique movesets

or a Musou would be cool

Flame Lord

Oct 26, 2017
At this point I just want a new Pokemon Stadium that connects with Home and lets you play with Pokemon from all gens and has ways in game to breed and raise Pokemon so I can get competitive Pokemon and not have to bother with the mainline games anymore.

NabiscoFelt

One Winged Slayer
Aug 15, 2019
Mystery Dungeon is the thing I want that's most likely.

But my pipe dreams are Conquest 2 (or even better, Pokemon x FE) or a new Ranger game

RingoGaSuki

Apr 22, 2019
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - but much more in the style of the first two than the last two. EoS is the best game ever made, GtI was dreadful. Super was a massive letdown, the story was super poor and dragged way too hard; gameplay was much worse in Super as well, nowhere near as engaging.

Conquest, or alternatively a FE crossover SRPG game. - Conquest was the last great spinoff. A sequel should have come for 3DS, it was such a great game. I would love one now.

HD Colosseum/XD ports, or an entirely new Orre game - Colo/XD were both fantastic games that had incredible charm, and felt fresher than any Pokemon games that have come since (they still do, surprisingly.)

Pinball and Snap would be great too.