• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
With a dedicated Pokémon Direct coming so early in the year (making a new mainline game reveal unlikely) and being 20 minutes long (!), it seems that the stage is ready for Pokémon spin-offs. More precisely, Switch spin-offs (it is a Direct after all !).

But what spin-offs could we see ?

The likely

pokken_tournament_dx_switch_img2.png

Pokkén 2

The first game was a good success between the WiiU version and the Switch port which even got DLCs soon after release. Its chance of being featured in the next Direct are pretty high

H2x1_3DS_DetectivePikachu_frFR_image1600w.jpg

Detective Pikachu

The game was already kinda announced in the Pokemon press conference but without trailer. This could be its moment, even though the second movie won't come this year.

sifyro-c-scorbunnylogo.jpg

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon, Gen 8 ?
Probably the most regular Pokémon spin-off of the past decade or so, it is still not on Switch which could point toward an upcoming announcement... or the series being shelved.

The comebacks

These are are the spin-offs that got shelved years ago and that are therefore way less likely to be announced. However, a comeback is still possible :

n64_pokemon_snap_p_66pv3n.jpg

Pokémon Snap

SI_NDS_PokemonConquest_image1600w.jpg

Pokémon Conquest

61OHWzD9-iL._AC_SX466_.jpg

Pokémon Trading Card Game (my 1st game ever !)

The new

Because a surprise happens fairly often, we could see a new series of Pokémon spin-offs. My wishes/ideas are the following (I'd love to hear yours) :

- Pokémon Builders : the Dragon Quest Builders games are awesome and that style could blend very well with Pokémon
- Pokémon Musou

So what do you think Era ? What spin-offs would you like to see ? (be it old or new)

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
I'd love HD ports of Colliseum and XD Gale of Darkness.

Make them both compatiable with Pokemon Home and retype the appropriate Pokemon as Fairy.

Phendrana

Oct 26, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I'd like to see a Colosseum style game with the production values and scope you'd expect from a 2020 home console game based on the world's most valuable media property.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
After learning how good Mystery Dungeon games can be with the Switch release of Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon Every Buddy, I really want a Pokémon one on Switch now.

Oct 25, 2017
Pokemon Shuffle 2.

Shuffle is still the best pokemon game on mobile but it is running on autopilot and won't receive more content so it's time to make a new one.

Brrandon

Dec 13, 2019
Id always love a new pokemon ranger but sadly that series seems dead now that the ds line is over

DaToonie

Oct 26, 2017
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon is what I would like to see. But damn, I'd have to hope it's better than the last two entries. Wasn't crazy about Super.

lightning16

May 17, 2019
Pokemon Conquest 2 would be the best-case scenario for me. I actually just finished playing the first one, and it's a very neat concept that could use a few improvements (being much more generous handing out experience, and more variety in scenarios), but I enjoyed it a lot. Seems like maybe the least-likely of them all, though.

Snap 2 or a new TCG game would also be ones that would interest me.

Luckett_X

Oct 25, 2017
Leeds, UK
Level-5 getting the chance to make a real open world adventure Pokémon adventure to put GameFreak in a tough spot finally.

Future Gazer

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Battle Revolution spiritual successor. It would be rad to see all of the new Pokemon with proper scaling and decent animations.

Never happening, of course.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
I would love a new Mystery Dungeon game in the vein of Explorers of Darkness/Time/Sky, which is one of my favourite games ever and the game I have replayed the most.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Snap is the priority

Especially if we could use gyro aiming to aim the camera? 😩

Deleted member 7883

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd love a new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, so long as the story is directed towards a slightly-older audience... Super PMD's story made it unbearable to finish.

A dedicated battler, like battle revolution would be rad. But that'll never happen.

Remasters of Pokemon Colosseum pls.

My hopes and dreams for a new Pokemon Snap died with the Wii U. It was the PERFECT console for it.

Edit: HOLD THE FRONT DOOR I FORGOT POKEMON PINBALL WAS A GAME. GIMMIE THAT SHIT. WITH A NATIONAL PINBALL DEX.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
Pokken 2
Mystery Dungeon
Conquest 2

Any one of these would make me happy to see, considering I could easily see them just giving Home anywhere between 10-15 minutes of the presentation, if not the entire thing.

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
conquest would be the only one id be interested in.
aside from New concepts

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Detective Pikachu 2 was announced? =O

I guess the games and the movie would need to diverge since the movie basically concluded the dangling plot thread the game left over (even if it was obvious).

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Detective Pikachu for the switch is a guarantee; I wouldn't even be super surprised if they tried to get Ryan Reynolds to voice Pikachu in the game after how well he was received for the movie.

I'd like to see another Rumble game and for them to make new Pokemon Rumble figures; almost like mini amiibo or even regular amiibo for it would be really cool. The Pokemon series sorely needs an amiibo wave.

nanskee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 31, 2017
Stadium 3 or Trading Card game 3 will be good for me

Conquest, sure why not

cdm00

The Fallen
Dec 5, 2018
Mystery Dungeon or we riot
Conquest 2 would be awesome
Pokemon Builders sounds fun

Expecting some mobile spinoff that's disappointing however like Masters

kai3345

Oct 25, 2017
Mystery Dungeon or Pokemon Snap

Seeing all the memes of the Pokemon Camps from Sword/Shield I'm sure Pokemon Snap would be a huge hit

TrishaCat

Oct 26, 2017
United States
POKEMON MYSTERY DUNGEON
POKEMON MYSTERY DUNGEON
POKEMON MYSTERY DUNGEON

PMD games are the most wonderful games and always have such heart-wrenching stories and strong characters. I need MOAR