• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Noah Om

Oct 25, 2017
Horizon Zero Dawn sequel is my answer. Definitely my most anticipated game for next gen.

Just rampant/mindless speculation, but still placing my bets that a new Killzone is a PS5 launch title. I think Guerilla's recent MP hirings have nothing to do with Horizon.

I expect the sequel to Horizon Zero Dawn (I'm still sticking to the Horizon Far Zenith name until proven wrong), Spider-Man 2, Bluepoint's game, and Naughty Dog's Multiplayer Game to be out by Fall 2022, maybe if we are really lucky God of War 2 as well.

I've been out of the loop for some time, has something been rumored to suggest this or anything hinting at the next game? I really like that name and just curious if there are any rumors or speculation I could read up on.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
If the past two gens are anything to go by, the PlayStation 5 will end up having a massive number of high quality and groundbreaking exclusives.

We know of some in development right now, but what do you expect or hope to be released or announced by Fall 2022?

I expect the sequel to Horizon Zero Dawn (I'm still sticking to the Horizon Far Zenith name until proven wrong), Spider-Man 2, Bluepoint's game, and Naughty Dog's Multiplayer Game to be out by Fall 2022, maybe if we are really lucky God of War 2 as well.

I expect to at least know about God of War 2, Naughty Dog's new Singleplayer IP, potentially a sequel to Ghosts of Tsushima and Days Gone, maybe some info on GG's multiplayer project, and maybe something new from some new acquisitions.

By 2022 I expect everything you mentioned to at least be announced, even if not yet released.

natestellar

Sep 16, 2018
I expect sequels to Horizon, God of War and Spider-Man to all drop by Fall 2022.

Maybe a new IP by ND too considering how efficient they are. Exclusives from 3rd party are a total lottery since we know little about them, although I hope BloodBorne 2 is out by then.

Some kind of exclusive RPG - and I'm talking a real one, not a "we put some bland stat mechanics in our third person cover shooter and made enemies gigantic hit sponges" RPG-lite.

I don't care about anything else. If PS5 doesn't get an exclusive RPG I'm just gonna skip the console.

There was a rumor about a Japan Studio AAA RPG few years back, I'm hoping it's still alive somewhere. We'll get one, keep the faith!

OP
OP

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been out of the loop for some time, has something been rumored to suggest this or anything hinting at the next game? I really like that name and just curious if there are any rumors or speculation I could read up on.
It's just speculation based on the naming convention of the first game and some story stuff.

Far Zenith being the other survival plan (Zero Dawn being the one that worked), the space colonization ship built by 77 rich assholes that supposedly exploded. Someone with knowledge sent the signal that awoke HADES, my money is on Far Zenith having secretly survived and returned to reclaim Earth from the "savages". Could be Ted Faro though too.

Deleted member 17403

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A new IP from some Sony studio that features players traveling the cosmos as a freelancer (bounty hunting, smuggling, mercenary, pirating) doing various jobs to earn money and keep their crew happy.

JamboGT

Vehicle Handling Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Gran Turismo 7. I love Sport but an actual GT7 with upgrades, tuning, modifying, 24 hour races, the works.

Deleted member 35631

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 8, 2017
I'm much more excited about the games that we know nothing about. Of course a lot of people want Horizon Zero Dawn 2, God of War 2, Spider-Man 2, etc. but the great thing about new generation of console, is that they announce many new IPs. Those are the ones that have me excited for the PS5.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
There was a rumor about a Japan Studio AAA RPG few years back, I'm hoping it's still alive somewhere. We'll get one, keep the faith!

That was a Verendus rumor. I have no faith in Verendus rumors, especially considering that shit was rumored for the PS4 and nothing ever came of it.

As far as I'm concerned, Japan Studio doesn't exist anymore.

thebishop

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
I really hope Sony's studios don't just iterate on existing properties next generation. I want new AAA franchises.

So I can't name my exclusives, but I especially hope:
- Naughty Dog moves on after Last of Us 2
- Sony Bend doing something which is more suited to their team's legacy (read: cinematic stealth action)
- New WRPG from Santa Monica
- New game in the ICO metaverse from genDesign (that doesn't take 10 years to make!!!)

Chamber

Oct 25, 2017
Horizon sequel is my most anticipated game announced or unannounced right now and it has been since I finished Frozen Wilds.

Mr_Antimatter

Oct 28, 2017
Really wanting Astro-Bot 2, Horizon 2 and Persona 6

Also somethign new from ICO's creators and dare I say, a new Warhawk.

Firmament1

Aug 15, 2019
inFAMOUS 4.

Your wish was granted back in 2007

3ac8e0b5-76d1-4995-9570-d431696221eb_1.7ac304ae3667075f6348a7a065044d54.jpeg

In all seriousness, can we please come up with some sort of distinction? Like, God of War Part 2 or something? And stop acting like the OG trilogy doesn't exist?

Bosch

Banned
May 15, 2019
I think polyphony, guerrilla, SSM and Insomniac, japan studio, san diego new studio all these can delivery a exclusive before the end of 2021.

Need to see if Bluepoint is making an exclusive or not.

But it is a fact to have a good flow of exclusives next-gen Sony need more studios.

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale 2
Tearaway 2
A new Buzz! game
A spiritual successor to BigFest
Tokyo Jungle 2
Ape Escape 4
Puppeteer 2

John Bender

Oct 27, 2017
Twisted Metal, Warhawk, Wild Arms, Until Dawn 2, Bloodborne 2, Colony Wars, Jak & Daxter, Sly Cooper;

Jun 24, 2019
Some new IPs, Horizon Zero Dawn 2, Spiderman 2, God of War 2, Bloodborne 2 (?), Naughty Dog's Multiplayer game

I don't want Ghost of Tsushima to be a PS5 exclusive, it's too soon.

Last edited:

Falcon511

Oct 27, 2017
I hope its not Horizon 2 or GoW. I would rather those game wait a few years after the system launches so devs can take better advantage the dev kits. Not just in terms of Graphics but also that new cpu and storage. Give them the time they need to figure out how best to use that nice new tech.

Edit: Well announced yeah. I hope they release around 2023 or 2024. Although those are long dev times. IDK.

Last edited:

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Socom

Socom

Socom

Socom

Socom

Whether it's an HD collection or remaster of Socom II or something new

Socom