• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What is it?

• Ps5 DE

Votes: 282 20.4%
  • PS5

Votes: 570 41.2%
  • XBOX SERIES S

Votes: 86 6.2%
  • XBOX SERIES X

Votes: 381 27.5%
  • None

Votes: 243 17.5%

• Total voters

JimJamJones

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Right now? Neither.

I'd rather go buy a 3080 and wait for God of War. Everything is going to be on PC or PS4.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
This year? None. Pc means Xbox is dead to me. The only ps exclusive that's been announced so far that I care about is gow and thats hitting 2021.

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
For me it's the PS5.

The closest other option would be a 3070 or 3060 but I'd get more use out of a PS5.

AndyVirus

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I had no intentions to buy this year and Sony's backtracking on generations has cemented that decision.

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC
I don't really enjoy PC gaming as much but just for practical reasons it seems insane not to go full in on that space if you can.

Oct 25, 2017
None this year. Going to use that money on a good digital manifold gauge set instead. Was going to get a PS5, but after today... I'm waiting.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
At the moment [x]None, because everything is crossgen or on PC anyway. Even Horizon 2, WTF?!
I will buy a PS5 when there are some true next-gen exclusives. Xbox stuff is on PC anyway.

Marossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
None, going all in full PC. Pretty disappointed with prices of games going up, this means that we third-world countries (especially Brazil) are going to get royally fucked because rarely do we see regional pricing for console games compared to PC. Also FF XVI is coming to PC, that's all I needed to know.

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
Buying consoles at launch has never been my predispositions. Storage sizes are too meager.

Rowsdower

Shinra Employee of The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Thinking about it, I think I'm gonna get a high end PC now. I was gonna get the PS5 and Xbox Series X, but why when everything is coming out on PS4 and the One X?. I'll get them next year.

flkRaven

Oct 25, 2017
Genuinely shocked that 'None' isn't winning. What are people so excited to play on their 'next-gen' device that they can't already play on their current gen or PC?

thebishop

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
PS5 (disk version) is the only console I need. But I think my PC has enough life in it to get me through to 2021 at least. Keep the PC ports coming yall.

Grimmy11

Oct 28, 2017
I got the 360 and PS4 at launch but I'm genuinely torn this time. I don't think there's really a compelling reason to get either right away.

I prefer Sony's first party games but Spider-man and Horizon being cross gen combined with ÂŁ70 games really puts me off getting a PS5 anytime near launch. Series S at ÂŁ249 is a fantastic deal but I have a 4K TV and a bunch of BC 360 games on disc I'd like to play with X enchantments. Can't decide what to do yet.

Jun 10, 2019
Neither console has done much to endear to either. None of the games they showed were super interesting and the other are games I own on a current generation platform.

I'll wait a year or two for a PS5.

hanshen

Jun 24, 2018
Chicago, IL
I'm trading in my Xbox One X and PS4 Pro for a PS5 since both last gen console will worth less and less later on and signing up for Xbox All Access.
The way I see it, xbox all access just gave me more reason to own both consoles at launch.

FGLS1992

Banned
Apr 8, 2020
To be completely honest, I believe that both companies are in a great position for the start of this gen. Congrats to all of us for keeping the competition to the very best scenario for consumers.

Reckheim

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
if demon souls comes out on PC same day; then I might not get a ps5 for a bit.

PC gaming is literally becoming better and better.

C J P

Jul 28, 2020
London
I was wavering, but as a 360 owner Demon's Souls was always kind of the one that got away for me, games-wise, so I'm hoping to get PS5 first.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
None. I wanted a ps5 but with cross gen games, why spend the money? I'll just wait it out to gow

MrTutty

Jul 7, 2020
Series X. Have no interest in a PC so the most powerful console it is. Will definitely be picking up a PS5 Slim whenever that comes out

Jun 20, 2018
Series X for me. Have they done a better job than Sony? Not really, but I never had an Xbox One and I've wanted one for a couple of years. Seems to make more sense to just buy a Series X at launch than an Xbox One now and a Series X in 5 years or so.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Series X + game pass. 80 euro per gamr is a hard pass for me, game pass most value for my money. Will play there + buy games on a steeeeeeeep discount

ThatNerdGUI

Prophet of Truth
Mar 19, 2020
This year most likely none since the games I cared for are coming to PC or HW I already own.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Good with my PC and Switch but if I were ever inclined to jump into a console ecosystem again it would be a Series S. Game Pass is too good and that hardware is too cheap. I wouldn't really need any of the graphical bells and whistles or physical media

GuEiMiRrIRoW

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
No way! No console this year. Sony did terrible by lying about no creating cross gen games. The 70 dollars games are a big no no too. I'll get ps5 next year because of god of war though.

lord_of_flood

One Winged Slayer
Jan 1, 2018
It's looking like I'll pick up the PS5 digital edition. I wasn't going to pick up anything yet, but the price and Demon's Souls being a launch title has changed my mind on that.