• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Is it still coming in 2020? Haven't seen it in any Nintendo direct as of recent, and it's been awhile since we've heard anything.

It's one of my most anticipated games

JudgmentJay

Nov 14, 2017
Texas
I don't think it was ever 2020 was it?

Yeah, there's no date/year in the trailer and iirc they said it'll be done when it's done in their announcement video. I certainly never expected it in 2020.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
It was announced last February and people told everyone it wouldn't come as soon as you might think. So idk why you assumed it would come out this year.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
They didn't announce a date. That said, I don't think the pandemic has affected their development cycle, the devs on Twitter seem to be in good spirits.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Is it still coming in 2020? Haven't seen it in any Nintendo direct as of recent, and it's been awhile since we've heard anything.

It's one of my most anticipated games
I'm wondering more about axiom verge 2 because that actually had a release date of fall 2020

im also hyped for silksong

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
They never said it was coming out in 2020.

I saw mentioned somewhere on reddit that William said they will share more about the game when they are close to release. It's been 9 months since the last blog post 😢

There were some new NPCs revealed not too long ago through some riddles though.

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Didn't they say it's a long way off, like 2021 or more?

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Release date was never given, and this is before the problems a pandemic puts on game development. No way its coming this year.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
I don't know why I thought 2020, probably because it was revealed in 2019

Maybe because of this fake "leak"?

www.resetera.com

SteamDB leaks Hollow Knight Silksong, The Outer Worlds and Biomutant and other titles release dates

Apparently SteamDB is acting crazy and it is actually leaking various release dates for upcoming games, probably some are placeholder or actual release dates. Hollow Knight Silksong is listed for June 12th 2020 The Outer Worlds is coming August 6th 2019 Biomutant release date is July 1st 2019...

OP
OP
jorgejjvr

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Maybe because of this fake "leak"?

www.resetera.com

SteamDB leaks Hollow Knight Silksong, The Outer Worlds and Biomutant and other titles release dates

Apparently SteamDB is acting crazy and it is actually leaking various release dates for upcoming games, probably some are placeholder or actual release dates. Hollow Knight Silksong is listed for June 12th 2020 The Outer Worlds is coming August 6th 2019 Biomutant release date is July 1st 2019...
Yeah that might be it too, I really expected 2020, hopefully 2021. I can't wait

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I hope they don't give in to people that wanted the game to be easier and easier to navigate, I want it to be even harder than the first one, no hand holding plz

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
It's Team Cherry, they run on their own time. It's going to be great when it releases though.

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
for some reason I always thought it was gonna be Q1-2 of 2020 but obviously not. I sit here wondering pretty often though. I hope it's 2020 but they can take as much time as they need. Definitely one of my most anticipated. Can't wait to see what changes/improvements/etc they make.

Nov 13, 2017
The team is just three guys, so very small even for a game of that scale, plus COVID hit and while Australia has been affected less than other countries comparatively it still would have likely had an impact.

OP
OP
jorgejjvr

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I hope they don't give in to people that wanted the game to be easier and easier to navigate, I want it to be even harder than the first one, no hand holding plz
Agreed. But I'm okay with a option, maybe a classic vs guided option. I would still to classic, but having the option won't affect me

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017

They already confirmed the map system will remain the same thankfully.
Mapping

Charting the caverns of Pharloom is one of the most important and active tasks that Hornet will embark on in her new journey. Fortunately, as she treks into unfamiliar lands, she'll meet Shakra, who'll aid her with charts, compasses and various other tools.

For fans of Hollow Knight, the mapping of Pharloom will be a familiar process, using the same tools and same restrictions. Get ready to again step into lands blind to their layout and transform over time from a lost wanderer to an experienced wayfarer, with the many paths of Pharloom seared forever into your brain.

Post E3 Wrap! Silksong Systems Update! | Team Cherry

Team Cherry is a small indie games developer in Adelaide, South Australia. Come and take a look at our current project, Hollow Knight!

Salpal

Oct 25, 2017
One of my most anticipated games and it will remain that way through 2020, 2021, 2022, etc. However long it takes.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't Team Cherry like three people? They can take all the time they need.

Cookie Dough

Oct 29, 2017
Small studio that will take their time. It could still come out this year but who knows. It's worth pointing out that the pandemic is not likely to have had much of an impact on Silksong. Aside from a small cluster of cases in late March and early April, Adelaide has avoided Covid-19 outbreaks and I doubt the early lockdowns there would have had much impact on development.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Where's that Miyamato quote when you need it
This one?
c3e.jpg

sheaaaa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Weird of a few people in here to say that Covid-19 wouldn't have much of an impact on the game. Whether they live in a less-hit area or not, it's a global pandemic. They could have friends or relatives in different cities or countries affected by it. Even if they don't, the state of the world is depressing and has an impact on people's mental states. Have empathy. You can wait longer for your video game.

Cookie Dough

Oct 29, 2017
Weird of a few people in here to say that Covid-19 wouldn't have much of an impact on the game. Whether they live in a less-hit area or not, it's a global pandemic. They could have friends or relatives in different cities or countries affected by it. Even if they don't, the state of the world is depressing and has an impact on people's mental states. Have empathy. You can wait longer for your video game.

Oh please. Pointing out that South Australia is one of the least affected areas is not a lack of empathy. It is simply the case that this game is far less likely to have been directly affected by the pandemic than other games due to the studio size and its location. We cannot blame literally everything we think is taking 'too long' on the pandemic - other reasons continue to exist.

sheaaaa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Oh please. Pointing out that South Australia is one of the least affected areas is not a lack of empathy. It is simply the case that this game is far less likely to have been directly affected by the pandemic than other games due to the studio size and its location. We cannot blame literally everything we think is taking 'too long' on the pandemic - other reasons continue to exist.

Nah it is not "worth pointing out". Entitled gamers need to learn to shut up and wait for their video games/next gen consoles.