• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

smurfx

Oct 25, 2017
more of a tsst tsst tsst for me. although if i ever wanted to get attention from the cats i would just hit a tuna can with a spoon.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Look at me, I'm a kitty cat
I wear a bowl of peanuts for a hat
If I eat them all I will get fat
Blah blah blah I'm a kitty cat!

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
I do a clicking noise with my tongue and bottom middle two teeth that I can't really describe further than that.

DragonKeeper

Nov 14, 2017
I don't make any noise to attract a cat. I just crouch and rub my fingers together as if I had a treat or something and most social cats come running.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I just realized I code switch because of this thread, lmao.
"pspspspsps" in my home country, "ksksksksksks" everywhere else.

Never even noticed it until now.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Neither, I do a high pitched kind of sucking sound between my lips. Like kissing sounds by higher pitched.

Oct 27, 2017
Tongue behind my upper teeth/roof of mouth. Nghtnghtnghtnght or something.

Like when someone clicks their tongue before calling out someone for their bullshit. "Tchnt come on, man..."

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like a bird. LOL. My cat didn't flinch. Sorry.
Always works on my buddies and cats out and about. It's like they can't help themselves they always come check it out. Probably because it sounds like a bird.

Way louder and carries further/with more pitch range in person.

Last edited:

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
I baby talk to them, never really made noises to get attention.

Cats and dogs respond to speech well enough.

Schrade

Oct 25, 2017
Those sounds appear to be sounds people use in European countries to call cats. Weird stuff because they are too close to cats hissing and would have the opposite effect that you'd want.

I find just being quiet and maybe clicking your tongue quietly works best. If it's a domesticated cat then the "kissy" sound most people use when calling animals for food is a good attention getter.