• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How hard do you cringe?

• None

Votes: 846 41.5%
  • Some

Votes: 296 14.5%
  • A lot

Votes: 895 43.9%

• Total voters

Hockeymac18

Nov 14, 2017
It just feels so forced. Like, "Se" is not how you abbreviate "Series," like ever.

Whenever I see someone post it I assume they have to be, max, thirteen years old. It's not in any way clever, it just reads as "teehee, I just said 'sex!'" Like yelling "penis!" and then running away giggling.

"SNES" is fine, unless you pronounce it as sness, which is an abomination.
This.

MeepMerp

Alt Account
May 2, 2020
Between Sex and Pls5(Piss), which would you rather choose? I think it's kind of obvious.

KartuneDX

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
SeX is here to stay, especially when it'll compliment the SeS (Series S). Xbox SX might be able to fly but I'm not crazy about Xbox SS.

To be honest I cringed more at this topic and poll lol

MZZ

Nov 2, 2017
XSX has horrible flow and does not feel good to read at all.

Series X or SX is easier. Essex or SeX if you want to trigger "mature" people lol.

DaleCooper

Oct 27, 2017
To be honest, the "Series X" naming is the closest Microsoft has ever been to the whole Sexbox joke. Seems like they find it funny.

PRrambo_

PlayStation.jif
Oct 25, 2017
I don't really care.

Must people I know IRL are referring to it as just The New Xbox FWIW

Oct 29, 2017
To me at least the Xbone made sense. X-Xbox B-box one. Sex only makes sense like S- Series E- Eries X- Xbox. Like where is the E for lol

SxP

Oct 27, 2017
It feels forced for sure. But the fact that it triggers people just makes it worth using.

Similarly, I think Xbone would have never caught on in 2013 as well as it did if it didn't really trigger people the way it did.

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
It's 'Series X'

3 syllables isn't long enough to need to shorten. People who call it 'SeX' are the same people who get excited for 420 and still laugh at 69 jokes.

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
It's not our fault that Microsoft went with a dumb naming convention. They brought it upon themselves just like Xbone and Xbone SAD.

HMD

Oct 26, 2017
I think it's funny how an abbreviation can fuck with the image of a mega corporation's product, please continue to use SeX.

Wesker

Aug 3, 2020
I don't care but I still silently roll my eyes once in a while.
I'll just call it Xbox, which coincidentally is actually the same.

DGS

Nov 2, 2017
Tyrol
I haven't seen someone using SeX since the first showing, but I'll try to use it from now on. So much prudery here.

Hong

Oct 30, 2017
I dunno I think it's pretty funny. It's not as good as Xbone though. Just reading SeX doesn't make it immediately clear what you're talking about.. XSX is what's going stick I think.

MaverickHunterAsh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Los Angeles, CA.
I've only seen it referred to as "XSex," never "SeX."

Doesn't make me cringe either way, though. I mean, following up the XBone with the XSex... they're doing it to themselves.

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I'm confused. Shorter than what ?
Lmao that's not shorter
Buncha prudes in here.

What?
When I see someone use SeX it is most of the time accompanied with "Xbox".

"Xbox SeX"

Why use that when you can just use XSX.

I've only seen it referred to as "XSex," never "SeX."
or this

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I only ever see people call it the SeX as an obvious, non-serious goof.

Jane

Oct 17, 2018
If Microsoft keep making dumb console names, I'll all for people making dumb abbreviations for them.