• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

The Kidd

Oct 27, 2017
Typically brought Tifa and Barret/Cid. I occasionally swapped in others but majority of the game had this party makeup.

May have used a certain character more, but through cultural osmosis, I figured it wouldn't pay off.

Gelf

Oct 27, 2017
Any combination of Cloud, Aeris, Barrett, Tifa depending on what the game allows at that point. More attached to the early characters and I don't really care who is most optimal.

Swift_Gamer

Banned
Dec 14, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
I'm pretty much cycling through characters while ignoring Borincent (Sasuke and Vincent archetypes are a snoozefest to me) and Caith Sith ( I love him but his limits are hideous)

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I don't even remember. That was literally 22 years ago for me.

I'm thinking Cloud + Red + Yuffie.

I don't even remember the other characters anymore. Aerith was a constant in the party until, yea. Don't think I spent much time with Tifa.

Yabberwocky

Oct 27, 2017
I usually tend to use Cloud with Barret, Cid, or Yuffie. Next time I replay FFVII, I want to try using Tifa more (I was always so bad at her limit breaks!), along with Red.

Oct 27, 2017
My original play through was Vincent and Yuffie, and I've done subsequent play throughs using Tifa and Barrett.

This time around I am really trying to make Cid and Cait Sith happen.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
back in the day I'm pretty sure it was:

Cloud - because he's the main character
Red XIII - because I've always been a animal / pet fanboy
Vincent - because I was a dumb kid and he was the "cool vampire guy"

SonicRift

Oct 27, 2017
My core team for my very first playthrough was Cloud, Tifa and Barret, and I tend to favour those characters.

When I played the Remaster last year I focused a little more on Vincent and Red XIII, and got pretty good at using Cait Sith's limit break. I had two solid parties when I went up against Sephiroth, but Cloud/Tifa/Barret were tough enough that I never got the chance to switch!

Deleted member 62078

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 12, 2019
Cid + whoever else was available/closest at the time. He's an angry dude who smokes, commands airships and rockets, and somehow makes poles/spears work as weapons. NUFF SAID.

Oct 27, 2017
I always use Cloud, speccing him out for 4x cut and potentially cover/counter
Then Nanaki as my mage w/ W-magic and quad-cast.

I've never been able to settle on a third party member. I usually switch between Tifa (as a healing monk of some sort who usually also steals, because who else is going to do it) and Cid as a healing lancer. Sometimes Vincent, though I don't like his LBs.