• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

J 0 E

Oct 27, 2017
ps1startup-ps1.gif

I win OP, since you needed sound for yours.

You only need to see this gif and the sound plays for you in your mind.
This.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
PS1 has a nostalgic thing for me. Like. It's classic

But PS2 brings back a level of excitement I had for a console that no other has ever even remotely matched. It felt like you was booting into the future.

score01

Oct 27, 2017
Hands down - Nintendo Gamecube - especially with all the modifiers / changes holding down buttons etc.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
NeoGeo
PsOne
Dreamcast
Gamecube

Can't pick one

Nostalgia aside it's Gamecube though, for sure.

TGB86

Jan 27, 2021
Even as someone who preferred and played much more of the N64, it's easily the PS1 for me. That boot screen is properly iconic.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I think the best boot screen is undoubtedly GameCube's; however, my favorite is Playstation's. As a Nintendo kid, hearing that music coming from the PSOne felt like entering another world.

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
It's a tie between PS2 and PS1 for me. PS2 probably slightly edges it out for me since I love the ambient sound of the system menu if a game doesn't auto-play.

Puffy

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
Honestly the ps2 boot up scares me because if the disk didn't work it turned Into this red nightmarish version

Evilmaus

Oct 27, 2017
PS1 has to win this. I only have to see a still.image and the music plays through my head. It's so satisfying.

That being said, the PS2 start-up was also amazing. I wish we could pick and choose between them or something when booting a game, just as a cosmetic bonus.

Rover_

Jun 2, 2020
Gamecube and PS1 tied in #1 for me...

i really enjoy PS3's too but thinking on it i might prefer PS5's over it.

Nov 4, 2017
PS1 for sure. The sound design on it is perfect.

PS4 and 5 are instantly disqualified for that deafening beep before startup happens. BEEEEEP MOTHER FUCKERS, FYI EVERY NEIGHBOUR WITHIN A 5 MILE RADIUS, A PLAYSTATION JUST STARTED.

KingK

Oct 27, 2017
Really hard choice. I think I have to go with the PS2.

Close behind it though is Gamecube, PS3, DS, and GBA.

El Crono

Oct 27, 2017
Mexico
PS2 is still my all-time favorite, but I find the PS5's brief startup visuals and sounds so gracious while being so simple that it could take the top spot for me.