• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
"I am all the Jedi" was made fun of a lot, but is it really THE WORST? I need other contenders.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
"You're a Palpatine"

Way to miss the point of Rey's parentage reveal in the previous film..

Transistor

Outer Wilds Ventures Test Pilot
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
"Somehow, Palpatine returned"

Like, there's a tonnnnnn of shit in the prequels that's bad, but this really takes the cake.

"You're a Palpatine"

Way to miss the point of Rey's parentage reveal in the previous film..

They didn't miss the point. They just decided to say "nah fuck that I'm gonna do my own thing" and fuck it up.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
"Somehow, Palpatine returned."

"Somehow, Palpatine returned"

Like, there's a tonnnnnn of shit in the prequels that's bad, but this really takes the cake.

They didn't miss the point. They just decided to say "nah fuck that I'm gonna do my own thing" and fuck it up.

"Somehow, Palpatine has returned."

I'm not a big enough fan to know every infamous quote, but if this one wins I ain't even surprised. It's not just a horrible quote in regards to what it represents, it's also just super lazy

Dec 30, 2020
concrete-sand-2.jpg

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
"So who talks first?"

My heart sank when I heard that shit.

This was the same year as Age of Ultron, so I was in complete paranoia that the annoying quip filled writing that was infecting every Marvel film at that point had also bled over into TFA

Thankfully, this wasn't the case

The audacity of this line makes it loop back around to being brilliant

I still can't believe that, even with the rushed production schedule, that they took such a bold shortcut lol

redmason81

Alt-Account
Banned
Mar 18, 2022
"A good question, for another time."

On how Maz got Luke's lightsaber. We're still waiting on the answer.

Oct 26, 2017
Not the worst line....but I got so tired of seeing, "this is not going to go the way you think," after The Last Jedi came out that it drove me to loathe the line.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
I dunno. Sounds exactly like something a douche bag edgelord teenager would say

The point of why it's so bad is that it implies he has full awareness that he's operating from a flawed viewpoint and is just all-in anyway.

Like, yes, the reasoning in the context of the script is that from his point view it's the Jedi that are evil, but as the guy who lives within his own head it should just be, "The Jedi are evil" not, "I have a warped worldview that causes me to view the Jedi as evil, and I'm okay with that!"

It's the same sort of "reading directly from a bad script draft" dialogue as "somehow, Palpatine returned".

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So many but broadly in the story.

Somehow Palpatine has returned, Rey Palpatine, Rey Skywalker. What a load of shit, way to ruin a character and put the series neck deep in the past and stuck forever in bloodlines.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Not the worst, but Leia's response to finding out Luke is her brother is laughable. "I know... somehow, I've always known."

lukeleia.jpg

Bullshit.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
"And I thought it smelled bad on the outside."

"Look at the size of that thing!"

"I expect to be well paid. I'm in it for the money."

"Get clear Wedge, you can't do any more good back there!"

"Luke, at that speed do you think you'll be able to pull out in time?"

Transistor

Outer Wilds Ventures Test Pilot
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
The point of why it's so bad is that it implies he has full awareness that he's operating from a flawed viewpoint and is just all-in anyway.

Like, yes, the reasoning in the context of the script is that from his point view it's the Jedi that are evil, but as the guy who lives within his own head it should just be, "The Jedi are evil" not, "I have a warped worldview that causes me to view the Jedi as evil, and I'm okay with that!"

It's the same sort of "reading directly from a bad script draft" dialogue as "somehow, Palpatine returned".
Oh, I'm not disagreeing. I'm just saying it fits with the edgelord teenage shit they gave to Anakin for that whole movie.

Fuck I hate Attack of the Clones so much

Herne

Dec 10, 2017
"This is such a drag"

Oh lord how I hate what they did to Threepio in Clones. They actually made me hate him.

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017
It's the somehow, palpatine quote.

But this was just terrible:

Anakin: You are so…beautiful.
Padme: It's only because I'm so in love.
Anakin: No. No, it's because I'm so in love with you.
Padme: Then love has blinded you?
Anakin: Well…that's not exactly what I meant.
Padme: But it's probably true.

There's no way there wasn't a physical cringe by someone in the studio over that line.

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
was the first thing that came to mind. Just an offensively awful line and having someone as talented as Oscar Isaac be forced to say it is just.... evil

"Meesa Jar Jar Binks!"
Terrible line that was an omen for bad things to come.

"Amazing. Every word of what you just said was wrong."
Extremely annoying line that the internet has made even more annoying