• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Pottuvoi

Oct 28, 2017
The Terminator (1991)
From time when open world games didn't restrict gameplay with scripting and mission based design.

Ronnie Poncho

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Max Payne 2 and 3.

Max Payne 1 is on PSN for PS4 (I've not played it, but I assume it's HD?) but 2 and 3 have never got the same treatment. I believe 1 and 2 are Backwards compatible on Xbox One, but 3 is left out of the cold. Rockstar/Take 2 love money, so I'm surprised they haven't done anything with them.

Darmik

Oct 25, 2017
369.jpg

C'mon Ubisoft. I wonder if anyone there even knows this game exists. It's an awesome futuristic disc sports game where you can win by scoring or beating the opposite team until they're unconscious.

nbnt

Oct 26, 2017
Y3vHVju.jpg

The best Famicom only title that cost a ton to buy today.

Last edited:

Ignis

Oct 27, 2017
This thread made me realise all my favourite games have been remade or ported so....yay?

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
Daytona USA 2: Battle on the Edge, the model 3 era of Sega arcade games in general feels like it'll be lost to time as aside from a few middling Dreamcast ports back in the day they have never truly brought any of them home.

wilyrook

Oct 27, 2017
Can you imagine a Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen remake with the production values of the big open worlds of today. Holy shit.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Yes!!!! That one is a big game!!! It never came to USA I think.
Correct. JP and EU exclusive, never been ported, remade, remastered, re-released, or anything'd. And it's a crime. Square Enix, you own this. Do something with it. Quintet Quintology Collection à la Mana Collection for all platforms please (ActRaiser x Soulblazer x Illusion of Gaia x Terranigma x Robotrek). It pitches itself.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
Kid Icarus: Uprising. Went completely under the radar because of... questionable controls and it's one of the greatest games I've ever played. A nice remake with proper controls would be amazing.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's been said, but it needs to be said again. Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

Come on Nintendo, give us a Paper Mario collection

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Lots of people mentioning PS1 games that got PS3 releases as PS1 classics. Makes them pretty accessible imo.

DanyIsCome

Dec 12, 2017
Scott Pilgrim Vs The World.
That game has literally disappeared from every store if I'm not mistaking.

Xwing

This guy are sick of the unshakeable slayer
Nov 11, 2017
What's the practical difference between being BC and enhanced for Xbox One X and a "proper official port"?

To answer the OP, Jet Set Radio Future

If I had to pick only one game, Jet Set Radio Future would be it. An absolute masterpiece and an improvement over the original in every way.

Some others that absolutely should be ported/remastered at some point, preferably to Switch:

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes
Super Mario Sunshine
Ape Escape
Ape Escape 3
The North American version of Ape Escape 2
Mech Assault
Mech Assault 2
Klonoa 2
The original .hack quadrilogy (IMOQ)
Chibi Robo
Super Smash Bros.: Melee

(I still consider the 3DS a very accessible platform, otherwise, I would put stuff like Kid Icarus: Uprising on this list too)

Deleted member 7883

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
a true classic among classics. damn you pixar and your monopoly on computer generated sentient red unicycles.

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
Star Control 2 had the rare distinction of being remastered in the very system that birthed it. Already having a high-res, open source version that runs on modern PCs, I don't know what more we could ask for, short of a Switch port (which is probably impossible for legal reasons).
I concede to this. You are correct.

aesync

Jan 19, 2018
Chicago
39092-donkey-kong-game-boy-front-cover.jpg

correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe it's been re-released. Would LOVE a proper remake of this game. Definitely played it more than any game on my GBC, pokemon included probably

EDIT: apparently it was ported to 3DS? Virtual console release I guess? Womp

Oct 28, 2017
The Shadowruns for SNES and Genesis were two of my favorite games from the 16-bit era and they'll never see the light of day ever again.