• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which of these you want most to make a come back?

• Crimson Skies

• Perfect Dark

• Brute Force

• Fable

• Conkers

• Fuzion Frenzy

• Other (Mention below)

Results are only viewable after voting.

upinsmoke

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I went for other as I never got a chance to play Project Gotham and would like to see that kind of game make a comeback

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Give me any of Rates old IPs and I'm doing backflips.

Perfect Dark, Conker, Banjo, or Viva Pinata

Deleted member 7883

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lol. Wouldn't go that far. Maybe out of touch with Xbox IP, I guess?
OP's sat on his or her throne of lies and deceit for far too long (approx 3 hours). I'm sick of the hurt feelings, Leflus. I'm sick of the misinformed innocents who didn't know any better. this has to end. I'm getting the pitchforks.

or it's probably just out of touch.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, nothing. Not even Gears or Halo which are the ones I'm enjoying nowadays. I'd totally rather Microsoft start focusing on new ips almost exclusively with their new studios and acquisitions, plus the occasional inevitable Gears/Halo/Forza sequel, that's really all. I've never been diehard fan of any of their ips and the games I have enjoyed the most in console have ended up multi or on pc and are third party (Mass Effect, Alan Wake...).

OP
OP
MakgSnake

MakgSnake

Dec 18, 2019
Canada

Tetrinski

Banned
May 17, 2018
I´d like them to, just like the OG Xbox, become SEGA´s new home for all their crazy titles: Crazy Taxi, Jet Set, Gun Valkirie...

icexxascended

Jan 8, 2018
Banjo/Conker - would be nice to have a solid platformer
Fable - already coming back
Perfect Dark - heavily rumored to be in the works too
Lost odyssey 2? - JRPG goodness
Amped - Am I the only one that enjoyed this franchise?

Tetrinski

Banned
May 17, 2018
If you made Crimson Skies into an action adventure title, more open world, bit of uncharted, tomb raider in there as well as flying stuff, I would love that. Jumping onto airships, flying through caves, then leeping back onto planes for the dog fight. Co-op hiest missions. Hell yeah.
They did this with those Star Wars games on the Gamecube and it didn´t go well but it´d be such a good idea!

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
I think Ryse could be actually be a great franchise, the first sucked but it shouldn't die there it's Microsofts Order 1886 which shouldn't die either

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
My vote would be for PGR, with PGR2 as the pinnacle of the series.

MechAssault not being on this list is a crime against humanity.

As someone that bought Xbox Live and Mechassault on day one I'm just gonna have to disagree with you there.

Mechassault was an extremely shallow experience. They dumbed down the mecha combat into a slow-paced third-person shooter. I absolutely regret buying it.

RoslindaleOne

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I've been thirsting for a new Perfect Dark for 14 years. I'd like that to be a reboot as well.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
Project Gotham Racing. Not even close. There is nothing close to it this generation. Forza Horizon, while great, is a very laid back game. PGR was very tense.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Brute Force. It wasn't the greatest game ever but it was a solid foundation to make an awesome squad based shooter.

Perfect dark was absolutely ruined with the 360 version. And fable was just a joke of an RPG. bringing it back at this point would require so many fundamental changes that I'm not even sure you could consider it fable anymore. So what's the point?

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
SHADOWRUN

I would also appreciate a new Perfect Dark if it was more NOLF/Deus Ex and less pure shooter.

Mar 11, 2019
Only title I would like to see make a "comeback" is another KI. Not sure if it counts since it was released already on xbox one. Perfect Dark was a very good game gameplay wise for its time, but cant even remember the story or what it was about. So it did not leave a lasting impression on me except for some novelties such as a centralized home as level with a training room.

I may be interested in a mature more realistic next gen version of fable, but I doubt that will happen. That would require a significant amount of investment.

Last edited:

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Fable by a wide margin (which is better than Gears or Forza), Banjo is the only other dead IP worth reviving.

Edit: I guess Perfect Dark with heavy Golden Eye/Original leanings would be neat as well would have to be a first person shooter and not third like rumored a while back. Viva Pinata is also a unique IP worth bringing back.

Last edited: