• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Don't remember the last game, I think it was a Terminator game (for an easy platinum trophy), had GameFly a couple of years during the PS3/360 years but I just buy everything now.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
Probably Legend of Dragoon around 2002.

Rentals were rare for me even before then, I mostly stopped renting by the end of the 16-bit era. I had few options since I lived in the middle of nowhere and the corner store had a shitty selection + only let you rent for 1 day.

Once I moved out and got my own place I still didn't rent, for a variety of reasons.Wanted to build a collection after having sold all my games a few years prior, didn't have a credit card, mostly just played WoW, etc.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Devil May Cry 5 from Redbox. I use Redbox for single player games that I want to play through but don't want to pay full price for. Works out pretty well tbh. Did the same for Detroit and Uncharted 4, though I ended up picking those up on sale later on.

Spongehead56

Jul 6, 2018
Wisconsin
I still rent games. From Family Video, Redbox, and most recently, Gamefly. I love renting instead of owning. I save a good $500 a year, I've done the math.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
From an actual video store? God, I can't remember at all. It was probably something from last gen. The last game I rented from a RedBox was Kingdom Hearts III, which I played for three hours and returned it to never have the desire to touch it again.

Solobbos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
I have never rented a game, but at the moment I have loaned from the library:

Syberia 1 & 2 (Switch)
DMC Trilogy (Xbox One)
L.A. Noire (PS4)

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
I think it was Metro Exodus for the 1X...and now there is no more places to rent games in the greater Montreal area,all the Microplay,and most Videotron stores that they where in are closed...I still liked renting those 8 to 10 hour games instead of paying 90 bucks for them...oh well,I wait for the Best Buy sales or digital sales for those now.

Deleted member 25712

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Probably something on PSX or N64...of which only two rentals really stick out in my mind: MGS and Diddy Kong Racing.

C.Mongler

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Washington, DC
220px-Escape_from_Bug_Island.jpg

Apparently this according to my Gamefly history, lol

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
Spider Man PS4 at Redbox. Honestly, after beating it, I wish I had bought it. But single player games like that are usually my go to for rentals.

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
Oh god I know I had a gamefly trial that I used in like... 2009? I remember renting Heavy Rain and Bioshock but can't remember which came last. Also I'm sure I remember renting a third game through that as well but I can't remember what it was

Oct 27, 2017
Oh man, I dont even remember. It was probably a GC game when blockbuster was still around. I think it may have been something like Lost Kingdoms or something.

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
The last one I can remember was Body Harvest on Nintendo 64. I just remember running around with my character constantly shouting, "D'oh!"

Oct 27, 2017
I don't even remember at this point for certain but I want to say Duke Nukem Forever for 360.

That was certainly one of the last ones, if not the last one. And thank goodness for that because what a pile of trash.

Back in the day when Blockbuster used to have their summer program for unlimited game rentals when I was a teen I blew through so many PS2 games I must've played nearly a quarter of the ones out there. Finished very few though.

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
I think it was either Tail of the Sun on PS1 or Doom 64.

I rented games all of the time in the 8 and 16-bit eras. Far less after that.

Oct 27, 2017
Ikari Warriors on the NES from an old Mom and Pop shop. It went out of business shortly after and it was years before a blockbuster took over the area. By then I was buying my own games.

yumayuma

Feb 23, 2018
DKC Tropical Freeze. I am still a student and cannot afford multiple hobbies unless I rent some games.

gnexus

Mar 30, 2018
Deus Ex Human Revolution for the PS3 from Blockbuster. I think that BB closed down like 6 months later. Sad times.

TruSpindash

Oct 27, 2017
I used a Netflix free trial to make use of the Rent to Own feature to buy Xenoblade 1 for 40 dollars when it was going for 80-90 everywhere else on the internet. I felt so smart.