• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Oni_J

Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (2 Months): Conspiratorial Rhetoric; Account in Junior Phase
Hate to be that guy, but I think I understand why some people are so livid and supportive of Thrump to go into crackpot theory stuff.
This article is Italian but you should be mostly fine with Google translate, plus they have links to all the original articles/materials.

Mod Edit: Conspiratorial content removed

They go into insane detail about the issue, and honestly it doesn't feel anymore like "if he did it" situation.
It's more about how the hell the Democrats could be so desperate to build this case, Thrump is a senile idiot and would've fucked things up himself...With this they made him almost a walking martyr, and his followers ever more crazy than before!

It's insane I couldn't find such a detailed report in English from a serious outlet, all I could find contained antiVax/5G bullshit so I dismissed all of them...

Last edited by a moderator:

PennyStonks

Banned
May 17, 2018
Hate to be that guy, but I think I understand why some people are so livid and supportive of Thrump to go into crackpot theory stuff.
This article is Italian but you should be mostly fine with Google translate, plus they have links to all the original articles/materials.

They go into insane detail about the issue, and honestly it doesn't feel anymore like "if he did it" situation.
It's more about how the hell the Democrats could be so desperate to build this case, Thrump is a senile idiot and would've fucked things up himself...With this they made him almost a walking martyr, and his followers ever more crazy than before!

It's insane I couldn't find such a detailed report in English from a serious outlet, all I could find contained antiVax/5G bullshit so I dismissed all of them...
Nice right-wing conspiracies. That is unless google translate is wrong about this article claiming Obama tried to reverse the election during the transition period lol
If the sites you find in english are antivax and 5G bullshit its because you are a Chud.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017

I read way too much of this. It's all bullshit not based in reality lmao whyyyyy

Reminds me of Charlie Kelly from IASiP.
always-sunny-charlie-pepe-silvia.gif

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
It is something so bad, the likes of which have never been seen before. Such a tremendous injustice upon this great nation.

We all know what he did and that it is the worst gate. It is worse than all the other gates, even worse than watergate. It's truly unbelievable what has happened. So many people are talking about, and the things they are saying are incredible.

We need to do something to correct this injustice upon this country.

Uncanny. Except, you know, the sentences kind of make sense. But in spirit, uncanny.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
LMAO, the instigator of the conspiracy himself knows it's so fucking thin he's only said "you know what it is", and some geniuses decide to write a 15,000 signs exegesis to say "here's what that drooling moron really means".

Oni_J

Oct 28, 2017
Nice right-wing conspiracies. That is unless google translate is wrong about this article claiming Obama tried to reverse the election during the transition period lol
If the sites you find in english are antivax and 5G bullshit its because you are a Chud.

How are those conspiracies when everything is detailed and mostly unbiased? The author cracks a few jabs but they weren't nonsense as usual, guys I'm one of those that actually contributes on fact checking pages against who spreads bullshit.
I'm not in the US, so it's kind of hard to tell and I'm aware of that, but all the stuff in that article has official sources, it's not from THETRUTHTHYHIDE.BLOGSPOT.COM, so it's either a super pretty collage of facts that build a narrative that is worthy of attention, or I can't read at all.
Again I'm sorry it's not in English, but at the end of the article there are all the sources.
And that's why I'm asking, it's bonkers for me as well, I'm only asking advice because I can't tell.

I read way too much of this. It's all bullshit not based in reality lmao whyyyyy

Reminds me of Charlie Kelly from IASiP.
always-sunny-charlie-pepe-silvia.gif

Not helpful man, sorry for wasting your time.
But I am seriously asking for advice/counter arguments.

The guy that posts crackpot conspiracy bullshit?

Like, is this a bit? Tell me this is a bit.

Add 1 + 1.
If I wrote that, doesn't it that mean I'm the first one acknowledging I'm posting something I doubt? Again, I don't blame you guys as I usually dismiss content like this at first glance.
I spent enough time dismantling shit like this for friends (which now are not anymore), family members (that now avoid discussions about it luckily) and others.
This feels different, and I want to be wrong, so again sorry I came forward with my doubts, but it's a genuine concern.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
Country is at a standstill. Only R governors are reopening quickly and stupidly. The 24 news cycle Trump used to be able to change the story every other day with isnt working. They had to create a fake conspiracy about a former President, who wasnt and isnt in office for the Flynn stuff btw, to talk about. Flynn pled guilty, no one on Fox is saying that.
Obama's phone call was leaked, ya know, the same thing Trump has been crying about Obama doing to him for 4 years?

Hilary is being quiet.
Biden is working from home.
Bernie is trying to help Puerto Rico
The Senate is trying to pass legislation to make it legal to spy on US citizens browser history
People are dying in the US
More and more cases of Covid popping up because the current admin did nothing for 90 days.

GOP created a fake story and it worked.

Yep.

I fucking hate this country.

Mar 27, 2018
Obamagate is clearly about the tan suit. I'll never forget it. Its my own personal 9/11, not sure I'll ever recover from that minor fashion faux pa

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
How are those conspiracies when everything is detailed and mostly unbiased? The author cracks a few jabs but they weren't nonsense as usual, guys I'm one of those that actually contributes on fact checking pages against who spreads bullshit.
I'm not in the US, so it's kind of hard to tell and I'm aware of that, but all the stuff in that article has official sources, it's not from THETRUTHTHYHIDE.BLOGSPOT.COM, so it's either a super pretty collage of facts that build a narrative that is worthy of attention, or I can't read at all.
Again I'm sorry it's not in English, but at the end of the article there are all the sources.
And that's why I'm asking, it's bonkers for me as well, I'm only asking advice because I can't tell.

Not helpful man, sorry for wasting your time.
But I am seriously asking for advice/counter arguments.

If I wrote that, doesn't it that mean I'm the first one acknowledging I'm posting something I doubt? Again, I don't blame you guys as I usually dismiss content like this at first glance.
I spent enough time dismantling shit like this for friends (which now are not anymore), family members (that now avoid discussions about it luckily) and others.
This feels different, and I want to be wrong, so again sorry I came forward with my doubts, but it's a genuine concern.
It's a bunch of GOP talking points scattered with truth from what I can tell.

"Author's note: all these facts have been told on the basis of articles published by the most prestigious newspapers, both right and left."

That's going to cause a bunch of problems right there when trying to put anything together. What most prestigious right newspapers? Any right-wing media in this country is propaganda. GOP don't deal in facts – only fear. We don't even really have a left-wing media! It's mostly right, center-right, and center. ($$$) But these terms might be relative wherever you live.

I'm sure someone else will be able to answer your questions better, but those are my two cents.

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
Trumps playbook... magnify some conspiracy, let the bots take it. Also, black people being killed is another tool his campaign will magnify. Rile his base up with these murders where you have to take a side.

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
Ah yes, definitely truthful article. Definitely just facts.

In summary: according to the accusations of the Republicans Obama gave the direct order to frame a 3-star general (Flynn) in the predicate of becoming DNI, for personal hatred and because otherwise he would have discovered everything that had happened in the previous months against him and the other 3 characters mentioned ( Crossfire Hurricane operation ). Once taken out of Flynn, they knocked Jeff Sessions off, also accusing him of speaking months before with Kislyak in a public event where there were dozens of ambassadors when he was a senator (he too is asked if he had spoken in the past with this ambassador Kislyak and he did not remember). It must be said that Sessions is evidently suffering from senile dementia. Those who listen to him, even if they do not know English, understand that he is now no longer so awake, at best. Trump had put him there out of gratitude , since he was the first Republican senator to support him when the rest of the party was against him. Sessions therefore rejects himself, but does not resign, and puts Rod Rosenstein as his second in command . The latter actually became the real Attorney General for two years.

Saya

Oct 25, 2017

If I were a Senator or Congressman, the first person I would call to testify about the biggest political crime and scandal in the history of the USA, by FAR, is former President Obama. He knew EVERYTHING. Do it
@LindseyGrahamSC, just do it. No more Mr. Nice Guy. No more talk!

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
He's projecting so hard. How many indictments and convictions did the Obama administration have again?

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
I love it that they are so desperate. We need a scandal for this election, Hillary emails no longer work! We haven't used Obama in a while and our voters hate that guy as much as we do!

They know their voters well enough that they can manipulate them by making them angry about anything. They know their party operates on anger and fear. I have no doubt there will be another "caravan" on its way to the border as well that they can follow and pretend it's an army out to take their freedoms and not just a dozen desperate people.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Impeached president is still trying to throw mud at scandal-free, former president that's 20 points more popular than he is? Weird strategy, but sure, be my guest.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Country is at a standstill. Only R governors are reopening quickly and stupidly. The 24 news cycle Trump used to be able to change the story every other day with isnt working. They had to create a fake conspiracy about a former President, who wasnt and isnt in office for the Flynn stuff btw, to talk about. Flynn pled guilty, no one on Fox is saying that.
Obama's phone call was leaked, ya know, the same thing Trump has been crying about Obama doing to him for 4 years?

Hilary is being quiet.
Biden is working from home.
Bernie is trying to help Puerto Rico
The Senate is trying to pass legislation to make it legal to spy on US citizens browser history
People are dying in the US
More and more cases of Covid popping up because the current admin did nothing for 90 days.

GOP created a fake story and it worked.
What worked? How? Where is the evidence that anything has worked?

He simply did something he's always done to a base that slurps up anything he says. Nobody should be shocked by that anymore. And while I don't watch cable news, Twitter news sources are meeting his stuff with skepticism while still putting Covid front and center along with all of the fallout from that. And actually reporting on real investigations like Burr.

Oct 25, 2017
The second the OAN reporter asked about Flynn a few weeks ago, I could feel something like this coming. The fact that the President is so easily manipulated is depressing.

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
What is ObamaGate? It is the result of a 4 year campaign to delegitimize journalism, reason and facts while creating an entirely separate reality that can be completely controlled by 1 man.

by that of course I mean, trump can now craft ANY conspiracy theory he wants no matter how insane and a sizeable portion of the country will believe it. even those who don't support him. See the person at the top of this page as evidence of that..

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
What is ObamaGate? It is the result of a 4 year campaign to delegitimize journalism, reason and facts while creating an entirely separate reality that can be completely controlled by 1 man.

by that of course I mean, trump can now craft ANY conspiracy theory he wants no matter how insane and a sizeable portion of the country will believe it. even those who don't support him. See the person at the top of this page as evidence of that..

If Trump started #Bidengate, like literally, just a tweet that says nothing other than that, it would be immediately boosted by russian trolls and the dear leader cult that is his fanbase.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017

Boom

Pin this

The remarkable thing about Trump Reality is that it's gotten to the point where the conspiracy theory doesn't even have to describe what the conspiracy is. It's just:

"They knew!"

"Who knew!?!"

"You know who knew everyone knows!"

"What did they know???!?"

"EVERYTHING!"

"Trump has exposed THE TRUTH!"

FeenixRisen

McDonalds looks really average next to Wendys
Oct 25, 2017
This is "Obama had Trump Tower bugged" all over again.

Rent free.

onyx

Dec 25, 2017
I for one would love to have Obama on national TV for hours talking about this to the Senate. Then have him talking for hours more talking to the House. It would only be fair for him to hold press conferences and interviews to address the issue too.

Also bring in the investigators and other Obama admin officials to speak about this.

I don't see how that will hurt Trump at all. I'm sure Trump will focus on this and tweet about it while ignoring everything else. Not like anything else that the entire country cares about is going on right now and likely up until election day.

In case anyone misses the point of this post I'm saying that inviting Obama to speak on national TV during this election cycle is the most bone headed thing Trump can do.